FfH2 Bug Thread

Came across an interesting bug/exploit in my current game:

The Amurites and the Clan are both my vassals, kept thoroughly under my thumb. After I got my normal 1 resource (mana, of course) tribute from them, I thought I'd see what I could extort from the Amurites, who are voluntary vassals as opposed to capitulates like the Clan, figuring I'd remedy that oversight as a worst case. Starting small, I demanded 3 mana sources. They agreed. So I asked for every bit of mana they controlled. They agreed. I go back a turn later, and somehow they had obtained 1 each of body, enchantment, mind, water, and sun mana. So I ask for all of those. They agreed. I did the same with the Clan, just to see if I could. They agreed. Now, the following turn, both of my vassals again have one each of those mana. So I extort from them. I currently have 6 body, 6 enchantment, 8 mind, 7 sun, and 6 water mana listed in my city resources (2 mind and 1 sun are from other sources).

I'm guessing these freebies were to somehow make sure the AI had mana to buff and terraform with, but the wholesale capitulation to my unreasonable demands is just too funny (and horribly unbalanced, obviously).
:lol: It's not a FFH2 bug though :p those freebies are part of the Handicap Mana Gameoption which gives the AI some free mana. Will block it for vassals.

:lol: It's not a FFH2 bug though :p those freebies are part of the Handicap Mana Gameoption which gives the AI some free mana. Will block it for vassals.

Oops, wrong forum. Comes from too little sleep, no doubt. :blush:
Thanks for responding anyway Sephi :lol:

Luchuirp World Spell - Gifts of Nantosuelta

When the AI casts the spell it doesn't seem to know what to do with the resulting hammers. I'm just playing a game and am firendly with the Luchuirp. Looks like every city has a hammer lying around, which is fine with me because they are mine now. Anyway, I'm sure that shouldn't be.

Btw. I played a fall further game. Not sure if it's happening with FFH, too.

The AI in FfH2 seems to use hammers fairly well, either settling them in cities or picking them up with units. Hammers sitting idle in cities is rare.

Bugs for other mods, or for FfH2 modmods, should be reported in the appropriate place (which isn't here). Check the Fall Further subforum for the appropriate bug thread for the version of FF you are using, and report this bug (and other FF bugs) there.

I have found an exploit that probably has already been reported but just in case...I have the Blood of the Phoenix wonder and units with the associated promotion that are normally consumed for some purpose reappearing in my capital. The exploit is a single captured animal can be used over and over to create pens/cages in all your cities. You only need one Thane to spread RoK. Great Persons can be recycled. I have a Great Prophet that I can build the Altar of Luonnotar with if I choose. This is especially powerful with Obsidian Gates.

I have found an exploit that probably has already been reported but just in case...I have the Blood of the Phoenix wonder and units with the associated promotion that are normally consumed for some purpose reappearing in my capital. The exploit is a single captured animal can be used over and over to create pens/cages in all your cities. You only need one Thane to spread RoK. Great Persons can be recycled. I have a Great Prophet that I can build the Altar of Luonnotar with if I choose. This is especially powerful with Obsidian Gates.

The promotion is one-shot only, so they can be used twice for actions that consume them, not indefinitely. Also it's known and not a bug.

Hello

I haven't been able to spot a report regarding this problem, so I will put it forward here. We're two players that like to use PBEM to play against each other in Civ 4:BtS. A few days ago, we decided to try out FFH2. So we upgraded to Civ4:BtS, ver 3.19, downloaded and installed FallfromHeaven2041d and the Mediapack and started a game. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get past turn 1.

We use two human players and 6 AI players on a huge, fractal map. No problem generating the game, although I discovered that it didn't work out, if I pushed "Enter" after entering my password, instead of activating the OK-button. If I pushed "Enter". I ended up in a "pause"-mode, I couldn't get out of. No big deal in itself.

The real gamestopper is that we can only get as long as the first players second turn, then something goes horribly wrong. After Player 1 has played turn 0, a savegame file is generated, looking like this: Gamename_AD-0001_to_Player 2. He can play his turn, returning a file to me: Gamename_AD-0001_to_Player1. I have no problem playing the game, but when I end the turn, it insists on overwriting the first savegame. If we try to open the saved game, it is still on Player 1 and the game is in a Paused mode that is impossible to exit.

Are we doing something wrong or is it a bug?

It's a bug. The initial turn of a FfH2 game is turn 0, but when asked to save it tries to save it as if it were turn 1. This problem is not restricted to pbem mode. FfH2 should save the first turn as turn 0, or be changed so that the initial turn is turn 1.

As a workaround you can try renaming the very first save (the one after the first player's first turn) from "Gamename_AD-0001_to_Player 2" to "Gamename_AD-0000_to_Player 2" before you e-mail the save to player #2. I don't know for sure that it will fix the problem, but it's worth a try.

Can't you see? Kael has abandoned us. Here, come, let us worship this golden calf!

Paula Abdula Oblongata

It's a bug. The initial turn of a FfH2 game is turn 0, but when asked to save it tries to save it as if it were turn 1. This problem is not restricted to pbem mode. FfH2 should save the first turn as turn 0, or be changed so that the initial turn is turn 1.

As a workaround you can try renaming the very first save (the one after the first player's first turn) from "Gamename_AD-0001_to_Player 2" to "Gamename_AD-0000_to_Player 2" before you e-mail the save to player #2. I don't know for sure that it will fix the problem, but it's worth a try.

It seems to work like a charm:D. Thank you very much for your help.

Na Keal still shows up every few days on the public forums (more on the private ones I am sure), I am hoping he is merging some of the Wild mana mod in the the next patch and that is one reason he is a bit incognito. I mean he surely isn't writing a book or spending time with his family =)

My game hanged up after I selected a catapult that was down to 0.0 health (such things can happen sometimes, in cases of the game over-enthusiastically rounding up values). Apparently the engine had difficulties reconciling the 0.0 value with cats having separate offence/defence strength.

Playing version 0.41d, encountered a bug involving the Illians.

The Illians completed the Draw, thus declaring war on everyone in the game. Many turns later, the event happened with Illian forces showing mercy to Elohim forces, resulting in Auric and his vassals making peace with Ethne!

I'm sure that's not supposed to happen, since once they complete the Draw the Illians are supposed to be at permanent war with everyone else in the game. They can't conduct diplomacy with their opponents, so they shouldn't be able to circumvent that via a random event -- at least, I'm sure that's not the team's intention.

So, the "heroic gesture of mercy" event needs to be blocked from happening to or for the Illians after they've completed the Draw. Hope it's not too hard to program.

Can't you see? Kael has abandoned us. Here, come, let us worship this golden calf!

Thats funny :goodjob:

Playing version 0.41d, encountered a bug involving the Illians.

The Illians completed the Draw, thus declaring war on everyone in the game. Many turns later, the event happened with Illian forces showing mercy to Elohim forces, resulting in Auric and his vassals making peace with Ethne!

I'm sure that's not supposed to happen, since once they complete the Draw the Illians are supposed to be at permanent war with everyone else in the game. They can't conduct diplomacy with their opponents, so they shouldn't be able to circumvent that via a random event -- at least, I'm sure that's not the team's intention.

So, the "heroic gesture of mercy" event needs to be blocked from happening to or for the Illians after they've completed the Draw. Hope it's not too hard to program.

Hmm.. I'll see about putting a block on that event so that it doesn't trigger if its permanent (ie:locked) war.

edit: I checked this and the mediator event already doesn't allow for it to break permanent wars. The Draw wars aren't permanent (its okay to declare peace during them).

The Draw wars aren't permanent (its okay to declare peace during them).

Really????? I'm surprised, I thought the intent WAS for the Draw to cause the Illians to be at permanent war with everyone, since they can't conduct diplomacy with anyone with whom they're at war.

If this can be circumvented by certain events, or by the Seven Pines (can it?), then it would be helpful to add something to the Draw 'pedia entry, so people know that Draw wars aren't necessarily permanent.

I really thought it was a bug.

EDIT: I saw this in the first post describing patch e: "24. Tons of text fixes by Nor'easter." Thanks, I hadn't seen any feedback from you in the cosmetic issues thread (not casting blame, I know you have RL to deal with), so I'm glad to see it was helpful.

could this bug be fixed in patch e? it's very annoying and we already know how to fix it :D

"Bugs Reported with Fix Reccomended

1. If an HN unit is blockading and the owner is actually at peace with you, by revealing nationality (willfully or by Revelation spell) the blockade becomes permanent. This can be fixed by updating all blockades for a unit (CvUnit::updatePlunder) whenever changing HN status (CvUnit::changeHiddenNationality) Check the code below for best method (Emptiness - Post 863)

Code:
      updatePlunder(-1, false);
      m_iHiddenNationality += iNewValue;
      joinGroup(NULL, true);
      updatePlunder(1, false);
"

Top Bottom