1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

get More Naval AI, never look back :D

2. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

Seems to be an error in the way that the Deepening is coded. I was checking some debug info in a quick speed game and noticed that some of my tiles had 90+ turns until returning to normal! That seemed a little extreme, so I looked at the code:

Code:
    			iTimer = 40 + (CyGame().getGameSpeedType() * 20)
    			for i in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
    				pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(i)
    				bValid = False
    				if pPlot.isWater() == False:
    					if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "The Deepening") < 75:
    						iTerrain = pPlot.getTerrainType()
    [I](convert terrain details below this point)[/I]

and then I did a search for Kael's comments on the Deepening. The most recent post is here where he says,

Looking at the code above, we see that the Deepening will affect 75% of the tiles, not 25%. Also, if attempting to modify by itimer gamespeed, the game calls the function getGameSpeedType(), which as far as I can tell, should only be used in a referential way to get other data out of the GameSpeedInfos.

Am I missing something in my assessment? If not, then I'll fix it for the next MNAI release.

3. Kiech

Kiech King

You are right about the difference between how it is described and what really happens. Did they put out a descriptive changelog? Maybe they decided the deepening was too weak and boosted it?

4. Kiech

Kiech King

5. Kiech

Kiech King

6. Marcvs Avrelivs

Marcvs Avrelivs Warmongering Fool

My brother and I were playing hotseat, quick speed, advanced start. Our first 75 or so turns went well, apart from the fact that I can't access the diplo screen with another leader. Sure, we see the portrait and all but the menus are gone; I apparently had to push Esc to exit the diplo screen. That didn't really bother me, until we had to save and return to it the following day (i.e today). However, whenever I reload it (whether from the original saved file or autosave), it begins lagging and not responding: I basically cannot do anything with it and have to force quit it. Anyone know what's happening?

An autosave is attached just in case anyone wants to check.

Attached Files:

7. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Warlord

Oops, I am really sorry: I totally forgot to reply :/ Better later than never (post 3474, 3 years later): all bugs seem fixed since I posted ^^

8. TehJumpingJawa

TehJumpingJawa Warlord

Just encountered a bug with the "It's a trap" barrow event. (unit gets 'held' in a cage until a friendly unit comes and frees it)

If an AI's cultural borders expand into the square in which your unit is trapped, and you don't have an an open borders treaty with them, your 'held' unit will be relocated to the nearest valid square.
    The cage however remains in its original position.

As the unit & cage are no-longer located in the same tile, this exposes a limitation of the 'Release from Cage' spell. (it only frees units 'held' in the same tile)

Consequently your trapped unit remains trapped forever. :crazyeye:

Love the mod btw; after all these years of owning Civ 4 I can't believe I'd never come across it!

9. SavioursSamurai

SavioursSamurai Chieftain

I killed Hyborem in the Radiant Guard scenario, but did not win. Instead, Basium died the moment I killed Hyborem, eliminating the Mercurians from the game. I though maybe I had to raze Dis, but the game continued. Innsmouth spawned in the jungles in the bottom left corner of the map, and I now have to eliminate the other two Infernal cities while their units bear down on my helpless city.

I'm running the more Naval AI Patch, which supposedly addressed all known bugs. Is this an error with this patch?

10. Folket

Folket Deity

If I remember correctly the only way to win that scenario is to survive 100 turns.

11. SavioursSamurai

No, you have to kill Hyborem after that.

Somehow Basium got linked to Hyborem in my game, so when I killed Hyborem, Basium also died.

12. clearbeard

clearbeard King

Tholal's More Naval AI addresses all known bugs with the game itself, but does not claim to do anything for the scenarios. Sadly they are several versions out of date and rife with issues even without adding third (or fourth?) party modifications.

13. doktarr

doktarr Warlord

I'm not sure whether this is a MNAI or regular issue, so I'll post here.

After a month and change of not playing due to some PC issues, I reinstalled Civ 4 Complete, installed the latest BTS patch (NOTE: I think I did not do that last time), installed FFH2, and installed the new 2.5 version of MNAI. I then noted the following oddities:

1. Many figures revert to their "default" graphical appearance intermittently. Gorrillas look like Barbarians except when they are fighting or selected. Skeletons look like regular warriors of some sort. Elephants sometimes (not always) look like war elephants. And workers revert to default human worker appearance when they are not moving or (in the case of Mud Golems) fighting.

2. When I selected Unrestricted Leaders in the past, the other civs player their regular leaders if they were available (e.g. if I took Varn Gosam then the Malakim would end up with a different leader, but if I took Hannah the Irin then the Lanun would just take Falamar). But now, unrestricted makes all the leaders random; I have Charadon leading the Khazad on one side while Kandros leads the Amurites on the other side.

Thoughts?

14. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Issue #1 is caused by having the "Animations Frozen" option selected under the Graphics Tabs of Options.

The game sometimes turns this option on automatically, especially on older machines., because using frozen animations reduces the game's drain on your computer's resources. You can easily turn the option off again though.

The art team did not bother to create frozen animations for most of the models they added to the game, so they must default to the unit models on which they were originally based.

I believe that issue #2 is Tholal's doing. Making the game choose random leader/civ combos is the way that the option works in vanilla BtS. I believe that making it allow non-matching leaders but never choose them randomly was a change that Kael introduced at my suggestion. A few versions ago MNAI ran across some problems that were related to the way Kael coded this game option. (I don't recall the issue exactly, but I think it was somehow related to the Revolutions component of MNAI and thus not something that would matter in base FfH2.) He had to rewrite the code considerably anyway, and some posters commented that they would rather it work more like in vanilla BtS.

15. doktarr

doktarr Warlord

Thanks MC. It did give me a message when I first loaded about my system not being up to spec and it forced the resolution down. I'm not sure why it did this - my computer is hardly a high performance machine by 2013 standards but it's more than capable of running Civ4 at its most intense settings. Anyway, I had set the resolution to maximum but I didn't know I had to change the animation settings too.

I brought up the other issue in the MNAI forum. Thanks again.

16. SavioursSamurai

Well, I guess that means I'll have to lay the scenarios to rest then. At some point, probably years from now, I'll try my hand at modding, and I might find the answer then, but in the mean time I'll have to either wait for someone else to fix it or abandon the scenarios.

17. Sephi

Sephi Deity

the scenarios always had some issues. Just use worldbuilder if necessary to "fix" a bug. You can also try to use an early patch like 0.41g for example

18. Folket

Folket Deity

I have played several of the scenarios using More Naval AI and really enjoyed them. But not all of them.

19. Roundchild

Roundchild Chieftain

Hi

I've only recently discovered FfH2, and am not a very good civ player or knowledgeable about Civ, so I'd like to apologize if this is not a bug, not a FfH2 bug, or if I'm too vague.

I noticed that buildings from my cities have started disappearing, and it looks like they are disappearing approximately in the order they were built. I.e. I've noticed my early cities have started lacking granaries, courthouses, elders, lodges and similar early-build buildings. The buildings simply disappear, and are made available as if they have never been built. This includes wonders.

Any ideas what's happening?

20. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

uh, the only thing that comes to my mind are very precise memory leaks or event messages that went unnoticed