FfH2 Bug Thread

Hope im posting this in the right thread.Playing Tholals MNAI mod.Ive done a trade with Rohanna of the hippus for 2 galleys.When I get them I cant move them out of the city,either on the turn I get them(which I wouldnt expect),but on any turn after.You can load troops onto them though.

Ive enclosed a save before I trade for the galleys,but same turn as you can get them.

View attachment flyingswan AD-0176 gallys.CivBeyondSwordSave

Bugs in the MNAI mod should go in the MNAI bug thread.

Immobilizing units for a few turns when you first purchase them through diplomacy is a feature rather than a bug though. I believe that how long they are immobilized depends on how far away the unit was before being bought.

If you mouseover the unit information should include a line like "Cannot move (10)" where the number should count down until the unit is no longer immobilized.

The immobile counter can be reduced in worldbuilder (thanks to code I wrote for Tholal based on Platyping's work).

Thanks,its bound to be the "cannot move" for X ammount of turns.I bought a Giant spider,and that could move,guess I bought it from a nearer civ.

Is it just me or does Patch O, when downloaded still say it's patch N. As in, even the readme file says N.

You are correct that whoever compiled patch o did forget to update the readme and the .ini file to reflect the changes.

Thank god it's only that. I was beginning to worry that the download is bugged.

Hi! well I guess I come too late as I guess not many are still playing the game, but ok, I'll still try.

So, I appologize in advance, my game is huge. I got a CtD when I end the turn after destroying Decius's civilization (Malakim in this case). I have a save after taking the city, one just before and one one turn before, but they all give the same result. No pb for taking the city, Decius makes his small talk like he will come back. But once I press end turn... CtD :nuke:

View attachment Captain Gogo AD-0618.CivBeyondSwordSave

View attachment Captain Gogo AD-0617.CivBeyondSwordSave

View attachment Captain Gogo AD-0616.CivBeyondSwordSave

Hi and welcome to the forums, Der_Gogo!

Unfortunately, the Main FfH mod is no longer under active development. However, the are some Modmods still are. If you like FfH just with better AI and (many) bugfixes, try the More Naval AI mod. Most CTDs are fixed in that mod (You'll have to abandon your save, though). If you encounter any bugs, you can report them there in the bug thread.

Oh?! Good Modmod concept, I was exactely having the same problem in that precise game that Basium, who I "summoned" could not help me because of high see travel. Thank you very much for the help!

MNAI is not just like FfH with better AI and bug fixes. It adds new features too, but most of them depend on game options that you don't have to activate. It also adds the functionality that allows other modmoders (like myself) to do a lot more.

There are still some bugs in MNAI too, not many things that you'd likely notice unless trying to take advantage of its new functionality when making your own modmod. Terken and lfgr have provided some patches. They may be taking over the project, as Tholal is rather busy right now.

My modmod is still being developed. The latest version (which can be found through the links in my signature) added dynamic help mouseover texts for many of the spells, which would greatly help a new user understand how to use them. Since the release I have fixed a couple bugs and added more PyHelp functions so that pretty much every spell in the game is fully explained. I'm going to test it a little while longer before releasing it though.

Here is a bug report.

Well, there is not much to report actually, the game just crashes upon pressing "next turn", so I suppose something funny is happening while computing the AI turns.
I tried to check with toggleDebugMode on, but didn't see anything special being built during this turn by any player.

This is the savegame from the crash, it's to 100% repeatable for me.

This is FFH2 with extramodmod + civcitystyles on top.

Hope this report helps in fixing a possible bug

Attachments

• svarts.CivBeyondSwordSave
    408.8 KB · Views: 225
Every time I load the game it keeps crashing because it failed to initialize the primary control theme

From Kael's first post in this thread:

"1. "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod. You will recieve this error if FfH isn't installed in the correct location (under Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods). If you don't have Civ4 installed to that location just make sure the FfH is installed in the same directory as Final Frontier, Age of Ice and the other mods that came with BtS. Also make sure you have installed the full mod and not just the patch."

Hope that helps fix the problem.

Every time I load the game it keeps crashing because it failed to initialize the primary control theme

Also, if you happen to have Civ IV BTS from Steam and not from CD, for Windows 10 you will need to do the following:

Spoiler Civ IV BTS 3.19 Steam Install on Windows 10 :

1. Install the entire contents of mod to be this path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2
(assuming that you have Steam installed at the default location)​

2. Rename icon.bmp to end with *.ico for desktop shortcut icon (from the FFH root directory)

3. Create a shortcut on desktop with the target as:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 8800 "mod=\Fall from Heaven 2"
(Including quotation marks)​

4. Set the shortcut start in directory to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"
(Including quotation marks)​

5. Change the shortcut icon to be the *.ico file that you renamed in step 2.

6. Open the mod with the desktop shortcut and enjoy!

Hope this helps :)

I don't know if anyone will ever read this, but when I try to play The Dark Tower scenario, it crashes.

Fall from Heaven 2 is not under active development anymore. You may want to give More Naval AI a try. It includes a lot of fixes (including a fix for all scenario issues including The Dark Tower), along with AI improvements and other features.

Fall from Heaven 2 is not under active development anymore. You may want to give More Naval AI a try. It includes a lot of fixes (including a fix for all scenario issues including The Dark Tower), along with AI improvements and other features.
I downloaded that patch but now it's even more bugged. I can't even make it to the main menu.

How did you install it? You need to install it on top of a clean Fall from Heaven 2 0.41o installation.
I'm not sure if I have applied that modmod yet, but I suspect I mistook a patch for the main mod.

I reinstalled it all (But luckily my progress in campaigns wasn't lost).

Top Bottom