FfH2 Bug Thread

Playing as Ethne the White of the Elohim I advanced 4 adepts to mage. As mages they can no longer caste spells. I have up to patch 0.40z loaded on FfH2.

You so smart. Yes, they managed to caste Arcane Lacuna when I promoted my guys. Just in time to make me look like a dummy :blush:

Thanks

And everyone else.....never mind

23. Units with a duration (ie: non-permanent summons) won't cost unit maintenance or away costs.
Fantastic! How long did I hope for this change! Now I will start to wish that the war weariness for killed summoned units will be removed.:mischief: Right now my Sheaim friends have a strange compassion for their deceased spectres and fire elementals...

0.40z - There seems to be an issue with the Crazed Killer event (the Jack the Ripper one). One of the options is to get an axeman with Crazed and 10xp, but the xp never seems to be gifted. With the xp its arguably worth getting it, without the xp its a bad deal.

not sure if this is on purpose or not but when your playing as hyborem and accept the undercouncil night watch resolution, barbarians will attack the nigt watch. I still have the barbarian trait

Is the Overcouncil bugged?

In order to pass resolutions that I propose, all I need is one vote out of three.

In other words, all I have to do to pass a resolution is to vote yess.

not sure if this is on purpose or not but when your playing as hyborem and accept the undercouncil night watch resolution, barbarians will attack the nigt watch. I still have the barbarian trait

Nightwatch are Hidden Nationality, fair game for anybody, including Barbs.

Is the Overcouncil bugged?

In order to pass resolutions that I propose, all I need is one vote out of three.

In other words, all I have to do to pass a resolution is to vote yess.

Overcoucil resolutions require only half the members (rounded down) to vote yes to pass. Half of 3 is 1.5, rounded down is one. A poor mechanic in my opinion (should require a number of yes votes equal to the lowest whole number greater than half the number of members, 2 out of 3, 3 out of 4, 3 out of 5, etc.) but not a bug.

Maybe the Overcouncil should be renamed Overdictatorship.

Playing as Svartalfar, .40z

I got an adventurer from a dungeon event, he now has 8/2 experience but no promotions available. Hope this is a bug that can be fixed!

I got an adventurer from a dungeon event, he now has 8/2 experience but no promotions available. Hope this is a bug that can be fixed!

Adventurers can't spend experience, but you can upgrade them into a number of different units, which is kinda the point of them.

This happened to me in my current game as Lanun. You need to take the adventurer unit to one of your cities and convert it to another type of unit (warrior/scout/etc.) before you can use the accumulated XP.

No idea what's causing this. It's a huge world but only turn 117, so very little area revealed so far. A technology just popped, but I don't know why that would make a difference.

Patch z.

View attachment Jayce AD-0117.CivBeyondSwordSave

Last edited:
Just a minor bug, but a bit annoying nonetheless:

Using Patch .40z the dwarven Chariot (playing Khazad) has the "there's blood all over the screen"-problem, once it is hit. The same effect the gorilla had before it was fixed. Or am I the only one experiencing this?

Speaking of adventurers, I was annoyed the other day to find casting haste had no effect on one. I imagine all great people have this limitation, but I haven't confirmed that.
Also, the adventurer could upgrade into a goblin, axeman, wolf rider, shaman, or warrior. What? No ogre? This made me sad...

Adventurers have no unitcombat and spells that grant promotions only give them to units of a unitcombat that would be able to buy the promotion (if the promotions other prereqs could be met). (Note that spells that only grant the caster a promotion ignore this restriction, and I believe that FF gets around it by making some promotions available without a unitcombat.) Haste should work fine after you upgrade it.

Nothing can upgrade to an Ogre, since they aren't really the same race as the lower orks. However, I think you could still upgrade them to Stoneskin Ogres or Ogre Warchiefs.

Nothing can upgrade to an Ogre, since they aren't really the same race as the lower orks. However, I think you could still upgrade them to Stoneskin Ogres or Ogre Warchiefs.

Correct. It seems possible for units to 'leapfrog' past upgrade stops to the next unit in the line, if they would be able to normally (Axemen/Radiant Guard to Ogre Warchiefs or Verdandi, etc.) Which I suppose could be counted here as a bug in itself. Though one that benefits the Clan and Doviello, as otherwise they wouldn't be able to upgrade the Radiant Guard into their melee line at all (made a thread on this already.)

Top Bottom