FfH2 Bug Thread

Using Patch .40z the dwarven Chariot (playing Khazad) has the "there's blood all over the screen"-problem, once it is hit. The same effect the gorilla had before it was fixed. Or am I the only one experiencing this?

The effect was reduced for the Gorilla, but not eliminated. Instead of filling the whole screen, now only two-third of the screen is filled by the splatter effect. Currently the Dwarven Chariot and the Gorilla have the same problem.

Just a minor bug, but a bit annoying nonetheless:

Using Patch .40z the dwarven Chariot (playing Khazad) has the "there's blood all over the screen"-problem, once it is hit. The same effect the gorilla had before it was fixed. Or am I the only one experiencing this?

The problem here is that you have old patch versions in your FfH directory. Delete the Fall from Heaven 2 directory and then reapply the full mod and patch z and you wont have the problem.

Or you can simply delete the "..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\Art\Units" directory and reapply patch z to get back in step.

The problem here is that you have old patch versions in your FfH directory. Delete the Fall from Heaven 2 directory and then reapply the full mod and patch z and you wont have the problem.

Or you can simply delete the "..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\Art\Units" directory and reapply patch z to get back in step.

Having the same affect with the Chariot blood splatter and have appplied the suggested fix, however something is still wrong. Maybe it's a Vista thing, but I can't get the Readme file to update to Z. Even when I install the patch to C:/mod and can see the z Readme, moving the contents to the Firaxis Mod folder doesn't update this file. I feel like I have no assurance the other files are being updated with this technique. And considering this obscure confirmation that the Chariot blood splatter is fixed in Z, it really leads me to believe my patching is not working for more than just the Readme file.
It seems like a Vista thing, but I've used Vista for some time now patching FfH earlier versions without a problem.
Let me know if you've got a suggestion, I'd appreciate it!

Hi,

I got a mutated unit with both Weak and Strong-Mutation during playing Lanun in a std-scenario (don't know the name - the one with the maniac declaring war and peace)

Patch z

Greetings:

Makarius

Hi,

I got a mutated unit with both Weak and Strong-Mutation during playing Lanun in a std-scenario (don't know the name - the one with the maniac declaring war and peace)

Patch z

Greetings:

Makarius

That's working as intended. No bug.

Yea, thats not the problem. I have a completely fresh install (of windows, as well as BTS and FFH) and I still get the splatter issue. But its nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

i'm not sure if its intended but dragons can receive rabies and other illnesspromotions but cant be healed. this is awful. seeing eurabrates running in circles forever just because u had a bad lair. cant magic immune units be immune to such promotions?

i'm not sure if its intended but dragons can receive rabies and other illnesspromotions but cant be healed. this is awful. seeing eurabrates running in circles forever just because u had a bad lair. cant magic immune units be immune to such promotions?
Are you running the latest patch? Should already have been taken cared of.

That is still happening as of patch Z Panzer, I've had it happen too. The only way to cure a dragon that got an illness promotion from a lair is to take it to the Pool Of Tears, meaning you have to be lucky enough to have access to that feature. It may well be intended, in which case the only solution is to not explore lairs with dragons.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply :)

I tried all of the above with the effect, that I get a CtD immediate after loading a save or starting a new game. The weird thing is, I also get a CtD after starting a BTS-Game, vanilla Civ4 works though, as does the copy of FfH2 I made before reinstalling FfH2. I guess a reinstall will be appropriate, but this is most likely an error on my side.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the quick reply :)

I tried all of the above with the effect, that I get a CtD immediate after loading a save or starting a new game. The weird thing is, I also get a CtD after starting a BTS-Game, vanilla Civ4 works though, as does the copy of FfH2 I made before reinstalling FfH2. I guess a reinstall will be appropriate, but this is most likely an error on my side.
Seems like your base BtS is corrupted.

Endless WoC the turn after next, between turns 253 and 254.

ok, in fall from heaven 2 the game opens up fine, i go to look at civilopedia and none of the units or buildings, basically all 3-d objects, don't show up, i thought hmm odd, then went to play a game, civ 4 displays a error message with the error report etc, please help me, i installed ffh2 then media pack then patch. i have windows xp on an über computer.

Finally, a reinstallation of the mod (to a repaired BTS) as suggested really fixed the issue for me.

Thanks again for the help and keep up the great work :)

ok, in fall from heaven 2 the game opens up fine, i go to look at civilopedia and none of the units or buildings, basically all 3-d objects, don't show up, i thought hmm odd, then went to play a game, civ 4 displays a error message with the error report etc, please help me, i installed ffh2 then media pack then patch. i have windows xp on an über computer.

You gave only applied the patch. You need to apply the full mod.

no i download all three with the patch last, i even tried reinstalling. wahh i love how this mod sounds. again i did install the full mod, 783 mbs.

no i download all three with the patch last, i even tried reinstalling. wahh i love how this mod sounds. again i did install the full mod, 783 mbs.

Hmm.. make sure you are running BtS patch 3.17.

yeah i am otherwise i could not play online..... im confuzzled.:confused:
oh btw i live in ohio! GO OHIO!

oh yeah, it freezes at init graphics, so idk what is wrong, ive installed from filefront and fileshack, (same file) so does anyone know why this is happening? i'm pretty sure my bts is in perfect cond. since i put it on my computer.:sad:
btw thanks kael for working with me even if it turns out it dosent work.

oh yeah, it freezes at init graphics, so idk what is wrong, ive installed from filefront and fileshack, (same file) so does anyone know why this is happening? i'm pretty sure my bts is in perfect cond. since i put it on my computer.:sad:
btw thanks kael for working with me even if it turns out it dosent work.

Hmm...

Try these things:

1. Attach a screenshot of your "..\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets" directory

2. Load the mod and get a screenshot of the Advanced -> About this Build screen.

Top Bottom