FfH2 Bug Thread

Wow.....how did you that?

I went through every piece of art in the mod and adjusted the resolution to something reasonable, 256x256 for units (civ4 uses 128x128) and 128x128 for buildings. Some of the textures we were using, especially those we imported for other games, were huge.

Its especially nice considering we have about 30 meg of new art in 0.41 that wasn't in 0.40. So I really reduced about 100 meg worth of art.

It will also be easier on graphics cards, smaller textures mean less video memory. We are still going to be significantly higher than Civ4, but at least now we are spending the memory on things you actually appreciate.

things like better AI I would hope :D

31. Installer Now checks to make sure 3.17 is installed and posts an error if it isn't installed.

Will that break my Russian version?

Will that break my Russian version?

Thats a good question. Could you attach a screenshot of your expanded "HKLM/SOFTWARE/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword" key and let me see whats beneath it (like my screenshot)? Thats what I read to see what patches you have installed.

Attachments

• btsreg.jpg
    btsreg.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 196
Could you attach a screenshot of your expanded "HKLM/SOFTWARE/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword" key and let me see whats beneath it (like my screenshot)?

Only 3.13 there. (I had to use an unofficial patch to the Russian version of the game, since the localizer apparently didn't consider the 3.17 patch necessary. And still doesn't). And the default 3.17 patcher from Firaxis (the one which is placed on that site) didn't recognize my initially bought Russian version of 3.13 Civ as installed anyway.

If the check you added relies on only the registry state, then what steps can I take to make my reg "correct"?

Mybe you can add a "continue installing anyway" option?

Mybe you can add a "continue installing anyway" option?
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the check? Someone who doesn't have 3.17 installed (and doesn't understand that they need it) might click "install anyway" expecting FfH2 to work...and when it doesn't they will show up in the forums asking for help, or just give up on the Mod.

And the default 3.17 patcher from Firaxis (the one which is placed on that site) didn't recognize my initially bought Russian version of 3.13 Civ as installed anyway.
If there's a bug in Firaxis' patcher then it should be reported to them so that they can fix it.

I dont know. I would have to see a screenshot of your registry to answer that.

If there's a bug in Firaxis' patcher then it should be reported to them so that they can fix it.

There's no bug in Firaxis patcher. It's not supposed to work on localizations.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the check? Someone who doesn't have 3.17 installed (and doesn't understand that they need it) might click "install anyway" expecting FfH2 to work...and when it doesn't they will show up in the forums asking for help, or just give up on the Mod.

Well, there might be a message stating that 3.17 is required to run the mod, but offering the option to install it anyway.

I dont know. I would have to see a screenshot of your registry to answer that.

And ye shall receive:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• regshot.GIF
    regshot.GIF
    26 KB · Views: 618
You will want to create a key just like the 3.13 one called 3.17. It doesn't need to have anythign special on it (it will just have a blank default entry).

You may want to suggest to the people who make the unofficial 3.17 patch that they probably want to go ahead and create the registry key so it acts like a real 3.17 install.

You will want to create a key just like the 3.13 one called 3.17. It doesn't need to have anythign special on it (it will just have a blank default entry).

Thanks !

That is really not a good thing to suggest to people not familiar with editing their registry. It is really easy to press one wrong button and royally . .. .. .. . your computer.

-Whilst playing the Dwarven tinkerers, I gained access to fireball throwing golems.
The first time a golem summoned a fireball, both the golem and the fireball ended up just outside the city the golem was in. Further summoningings went normally.

-Playing the second Dacius scenario, I noticed that clicking in the vicinity of the "end turn" button, resultated in the turn ending. Even though I merely wanted to go to the upper left portion of the chart.... There seemed to be a no-safe area of a few millimeters.

The problem with the fireballs and golems stems from the adularia chamber, where your unit is hidden, performs an action (thereby becoming revealed), and is then moved to an adjacent tile. It's weird, and makes hidden fireball summoning golems a pain. Not sure what good the hidden golems are.

This issue with hidden golems getting booted by fireballs, and any attacking units as well by the way, has been happening since patch "y". I reported it the night the patch came out. I don't know if it's fix is in the pipeline or not. Hidden from the Adularia chamber only last until the first time your golem does anything anyway, so I have stoped building the chamber.

Is this a new bug? Adularia Chamber should only be affecting Golems, and Luchuirp settlers and scouts are not Golems.

The next release with be a completely new download, not a patch. It would be nice to have an ETA though.

There's still the occasional bug with wonders giving you buildings in every city but the computer not always understanding it:

In my current game (patch 0.40z), I built the Tower of Eyes. I got the "farmer bitten by a wolf" event but couldn't select the option to throw him in the Dungeon, even though the city screen showed a Dungeon in the city.

My post #1085 is buggy...
It doesn't appear Hyborem collectly.
This is new code.

Spoiler :

Code:
void CvGame::addPlayerAdvanced(PlayerTypes eNewPlayer, int iNewTeam, LeaderHeadTypes eLeader, CivilizationTypes eCiv)
{
	PlayerColorTypes eColor = (PlayerColorTypes)GC.getCivilizationInfo(eCiv).getDefaultPlayerColor();

for (int iI = 0; iI < MAX_CIV_PLAYERS; iI++)
	{
		if (eColor == NO_PLAYERCOLOR || GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).getPlayerColor() == eColor)
		{
			for (int iK = 0; iK < GC.getNumPlayerColorInfos(); iK++)
			{
				if (iK != GC.getCivilizationInfo((CivilizationTypes)GC.getDefineINT("BARBARIAN_CIVILIZATION")).getDefaultPlayerColor())
				{
					bool bValid = true;

for (int iL = 0; iL < MAX_CIV_PLAYERS; iL++)
					{
						if (GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iL).getPlayerColor() == iK)
						{
							bValid = false;
							break;
						}
					}

if (bValid)
					{
						eColor = (PlayerColorTypes)iK;
						iI = MAX_CIV_PLAYERS;
						break;
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

TeamTypes eTeam = GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).getTeam();
	GC.getInitCore().setLeader(eNewPlayer, eLeader);
	GC.getInitCore().setCiv(eNewPlayer, eCiv);
	GC.getInitCore().setSlotStatus(eNewPlayer, SS_COMPUTER);
	GC.getInitCore().setColor(eNewPlayer, eColor);
	GET_TEAM(eTeam).init(eTeam);
	GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).init(eNewPlayer);

if (iNewTeam != NO_TEAM)
	{
//		GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).setTeam((TeamTypes)iNewTeam);
		GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iNewTeam).addTeam((TeamTypes)eTeam);
		gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->setDirty(Fog_DIRTY_BIT, true);
	}
	else
	{
		iNewTeam = eTeam;

for (int iJ = 0; iJ < MAX_TEAMS; iJ++)
		{
			if (GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iJ).isBarbarian() || GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iJ).isMinorCiv())
			{
				if ((TeamTypes)iNewTeam != iJ)
				{
					GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iNewTeam).setAtWar((TeamTypes)iJ, true);
				}
			}
		}
	}

for (int iI = 0; iI < GC.getNumTechInfos(); ++iI)
	{
	    if (GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iNewTeam).isHasTech((TechTypes)iI))
	    {
			GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).changeAssets(GC.getTechInfo((TechTypes)iI).getAssetValue());
			GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).changePower(GC.getTechInfo((TechTypes)iI).getPowerValue());
			GET_PLAYER(eNewPlayer).changeTechScore(getTechScore((TechTypes)iI));
	    }
	}
}

Top Bottom