FfH2 Game Balance Thread

Pillar of Chains = No Anger when other civs run Republic = Aristocracy remains viable even when every other civ has been forced to adopt Republic

The Calabim have plenty of incentive to build the Pillar of Chains.

When a unit with Stoneskin pillages an improvement, Stoneskin is lost. It seems odd that pillaging a tile would be treated as combat.

When a unit with Stoneskin pillages an improvement, Stoneskin is lost. It seems odd that pillaging a tile would be treated as combat.

Something similar happens when a Ravenous Werewolf pillages an improvement, it loses the Enraged promotion but remains a Ravenous Werewolf.

Suggestion: + 1 hammer on tundra tiles for the Doviello

It makes tundra nearly as good as plains for the Doviello. Indicative of their acclimation to living, raising warriors, and salvaging goods in the hardscrabble lands at the edge of civilization.

I don't have anything to report, just bumping this thread back to the first page so people can find it easily.

Is Chalid still considered overpowered? How about he permanently loses one strength every time he fights a battle, unless he is fighitng on a desert square. And every time he wins a battle both his square and his opponent's square become deserts.

Chalid is still overpowered ... I say he should only be allowed to walk on desert tiles :p

Hi i am from germany my english is bad but i explain you what i think about FFH
^^

first i am a hardcore gamer and i think when you ever make FFH MP compatible can you make a option vor the server hoster to disable this :
http://s4.directupload.net/images/100109/zkfw6v4r.jpg

the building and unit recommended system for all MP players

i know every user can disable it in the normal game option but this is only difficult for himself ,for a fair mach we need a server option to make it disable for all players

and by the way teh building and unit list must show in random after this else anyone klick on the first pic under the city pic in the list ;)

i know MP is in a far future but i hope too this idea for a harder MP match is a good idea.

You are asking (if I understand you correctly) that there be an option to disable the suggestions the game makes about what you should build or research next, to increase the challenge of the game (for multiplayer). Please be aware that the game does not make intelligent suggestions. The suggestions are chosen randomly (or might as well be random), and are often very bad choices. No one would be at an advantage by following the game's recommendations - not even a new player unfamiliar with the game.

Please be aware that the game does not make intelligent suggestions. The suggestions are chosen randomly (or might as well be random), and are often very bad choices. No one would be at an advantage by following the game's recommendations - not even a new player unfamiliar with the game.

:goodjob: It's actually the Patch G AI which gives you suggestions (as the governour to automate human cities still uses it)

I think what Paddy1984 asked for is a server option to disable popups at turn begin, a player options already exists for this. It's a common setting on competitive MP.

:goodjob: It's actually the Patch G AI which gives you suggestions (as the governour to automate human cities still uses it)

I think what Paddy1984 asked for is a server option to disable popups at turn begin, a player options already exists for this. It's a common setting on competitive MP.

no i dont O_o

i will disable in a MP match by all Users the building and unit recommended system
not the popup

no i dont O_o

i will disable in a MP match by all Users the building and unit recommended system
not the popup

well, as Emptiness said it is pretty much random. I don't see how anyone has an advantage from the recommend system.

From the bug thread, re patch "m."

13. Ring of Flames damage reduced from 20 to 15%.

I would suggest considering something similar for the damage done by Pyre Zombies when they're killed and explode: either a reduction in the amount of damage or a cap on the total damage.

Particularly with the huge stacks of doom the AI is now building with the changes, the Sheaim Pyre Zombie stacks are an absolute nightmare if you're on the receiving end of a Sheiam invasion. The only real counter is catapults or Mages with stack-killing spells like Maelstrom -- either way, it forces you to divert research from the metal/melee line. I think a damage cap or reduction would balance out the new massive stacks.

Just a suggestion.

Particularly with the huge stacks of doom the AI is now building with the changes, the Sheaim Pyre Zombie stacks are an absolute nightmare if you're on the receiving end of a Sheiam invasion. The only real counter is catapults or Mages with stack-killing spells like Maelstrom -- either way, it forces you to divert research from the metal/melee line.

I think more units that make you think of something different from the metal/melee line would be a good idea. Two more counters for pyre zombies are moblie units and mages with, um, maybe, life mana?

I would agree though that the pyre zombies can be overpowered in the axeman/horseman era. More than once I've had the Sheaim as neighbours and seen them bring veteran zombies from another war against me. They then look almost invincible as the stack will demolish anything with splash damage and it's hard to even kill their top promoted units without throwing away your better units too. Quite often your early game becomes a dedicated rush to develop anti-zombie tactics before they build that stack and march it towards you.

I think more units that make you think of something different from the metal/melee line would be a good idea. Two more counters for pyre zombies are moblie units and mages with, um, maybe, life mana?

I would agree though that the pyre zombies can be overpowered in the axeman/horseman era. More than once I've had the Sheaim as neighbours and seen them bring veteran zombies from another war against me. They then look almost invincible as the stack will demolish anything with splash damage and it's hard to even kill their top promoted units without throwing away your better units too. Quite often your early game becomes a dedicated rush to develop anti-zombie tactics before they build that stack and march it towards you.

Mages come along pretty late, though. Early game the only viable counter seems to be stacks of catapults to weaken the zombie stacks enough to subsequently take them out before they can attack you.

Mages come to late to be considered a pyre zombie counter, I think a damage cap would be enough though, as it sits they kill so even if you get the jump on them your stack dies. Even if the cap was at 1HP you at least could send in melee units one by one and have a chance of them surviving if you won the battle and eliminated the stack. If the cap was something like 50% they would still be incredibly strong but still beatable by conventional means with units of their own era.

Top Bottom