1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

One thing I noticed downloading the mod is that when I follow your SVN instructions I get more than the mod it self. I get the whole SVN repository complete with various meta files. Now that might be me copy pasting the link wrong, or it might be a tortoise thing. But either way your instructions don't seem to cover what to do if this happens. (I know what to do, people who don't use SVN might not)

2. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

stupid question: is there a reason why limiting the ability "gift vampirism" to Calabim (and maybe Mekara) is not considered as sufficient ?
    was it not possible ?
    was calabim OR mekara not a good fit ?
    did you needed to forbid mekara but sometimes allow it which made it bugged?
    did calabim get access to vampire mercs before the should have been able to "rightly" get vampires ?

(just curiosity)

3. azatote

azatote Chieftain

Black_imperator wanted vampires obtained by non-Calabim civs by other means than mercenaries (e.g. dominant promotion, Stephanos' crown of command, domination spell) to be still allowed to gift vampirism, as a reward for the hard work to get them. It is disabled for vampire mercs because they are too easy to obtain in comparison.

4. riuminkd

riuminkd Chieftain

Austrin Archmage: Hello esteemed Caretaker Matron, here is your monthly pay. Now, can you gift me with vampirism?
    Caretaker Matron: Of course no! Our order is not open to every outsider with lvl6 certificate. I am hired worker, and this is not part of my contract.
    Austrin Archmage: Okay, whatever....

Few months later, white van drives by Caretaker Matron and stops. A door opens.

A familiar voice: Come inside, i have fresh, blood-filled people
    Caretaker Matron: B-but Zaria told us not to go into stranger's cars...
    A familiar voice: Zaria only feeds you old and sick, but i have young, vigorous, healthy bodies to feed upon!
    Caretaker Matron: Fine, let's see! (gets into van)

That's how through a little bit of guile and Body 3 promotion Austrin civilisation aquired vampiric archmages.

azatote likes this.
  5. Acrux

Acrux Warlord

I'm coming back to AOE after being away for a long time. I'm enjoying the SVN release, but is there a way to stop or severely limit the effect that changes climate on tiles? In every game, a large portion of my tiles end up changing to tundra or desert.

6. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

i assume it comes mostly from the constellation event, i have plans to replace them, but in the meantime you can tweak their chance to happen directly in their xml (Assets/XML/Events/EventTriggerInfos, then find the problematic events (SIGN_BHALL and SIGN_MULCARN and decrease their iWeight)

7. Acrux

Acrux Warlord

Ah, great thanks! An easy fix.

8. PPQ_Purple

Is there a tag in the promotions XML for this mod for defense against ranged bombardment? As in if you have a catapult or archer or what have you firing from range your unit with a specific promotion takes less damage.

9. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I couldn't find any info on ranged bombardement in the UnitSchema xml save the one that increase range or strength or damage cap... nothing on defense vs ranged...

10. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

could be added easily if needed.

11. ZenCloud

ZenCloud Chieftain

I've been playing the standard download of AoE for a couple weeks now and want to say I'm loving it :) My question/note though, is the mod designed to be played primarily as PVP? In my own games the AI civs tend to struggle for a long time - my game last night for example ended with AI Tasunke turn 200 who had yet to even pick up mysticism! Is it the flood of barbarians that the AI just cannot handle? Thanks for all your hard work on this project!

12. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

it's a mix of multiple factors. Some weird ai choices, some general difficulty with handling the barbarians indeed, the fact that ai code is complicated to do right. We do incremental improvements on it, though it'll never be as good as a human player.

13. ZenCloud

ZenCloud Chieftain

Appreciate the response :) I do have loads of questions as I'm still learning things like the use of perception but the only big question I have - how much of a difference is there between the standard version and the current iteration of the beta build?

14. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Please feel free to ask (and if you don't want to bloat this thread with questions, you can join the discord server ^^ )

As for the beta build, it's much more up to date than the standard version, with some bugfixing, ai and balance upgrades and some features more fully realised ( emergent leaders in particular). you'll also get all the currently developped modules in the download.
    Beware though ,it's a beta so it may be unstable occasionally (though it is generally relatively stable unless you stumble upon the damn python bug, which is a random error that only happens to certain people)

15. Edish

Edish Chieftain

Hi. Just came back to AoE after years away. Such a great effort.

But I have an issue with the textures of the unit - it changes back an forth between the AoE skin and the vanilla skin. For example - the Ljusalfar warrior is 3 seconds the right skin, then changes to the vanilla archer. The Shiam Skeleton is for a couple of seconds per turn itself, and the for a couple the vanilla swordman. The Pegasus turns into the chariot.... Any idea what creates thin conflict and how to fix it?

16. PPQ_Purple

What are your graphics settings?

17. Edish

Edish Chieftain

Like this upload_2018-11-3_22-16-11.png

18. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

the frozen animation option is the cause, and must be disabled

19. Edish

Edish Chieftain

You sir rock! Thanks a bunch!