1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Edish

Edish Chieftain

Could I trouble the forum with another question? Im trying to use snvtortoise as instructed but I get an "access denied" error when I follow all the instructions:

Command: Checkout from svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/ashesoferebus/code, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
    Error: Can't create directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid
    Error: Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Ashes of Erebus\.svn':
    Error: √Ötkomst nekad. (ACCESS DENIED, In Swedish)
    Completed!:

I tried to remove all kind of blocks and security, but to no avail - any ideas?

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

hmm you don't have the rights apparently. try downloading it in another folder ( Desktop for example) and then move it to the mod directory

3. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

How is this different from MNAI?

4. black_imperator

general differences between the current modmods can be found here :
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-to-ffh-read-this-first.613977/

to sum up, mnai and aoe come from different branches of ffh modmods. AoE is a follow up to RifE and you can find a good number of the ideas it spawned here : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rise-from-erebus-frequently-asked-questions.377901/

though it's not perfectly up to date.
    Objectives of AoE is to fully realise the ideasxof RifE as well as balancing and bugfixing what's already there

5. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I'd propose you 2 threads :
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/recommend-a-modmod.535928/
    and
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/best-current-ffh-setup.620660

but in short:
    MnAI worked a Lot on improving the AI behavior and hunting bugs while staying as close as possible to original FFH2. It is the "purest" modmod. You can almost consider it to be FFH2.1. No added units/buildings/spells/ressources/civs...etc

FFR is the one that you have a question for: RifE / AoE / FFR are all iterations of a same modmod, expanding upon the work of the one prior when the previous modded leaves. In Short FFR adds FLUFF : many new civs, new ressources, more unique units per civs, more buildings, more tech(?), more mecanics (adding in the corporation mechanics from vanilla civ ; the master-craftsmen buildings ; the emergent Leaders ; using the Commander system instead of the Great General system, wildlands and barbarian territories, fort commanders ...Etc). AI wise, the Ai has been less polished than in MnAI and it has further issues with managing many of the newer or more original systems.
    +FFR/RifE is modular so you can add/remove some contents... which is great for variability of games and for customizing your experience.

for reference:
    the best one for extra fluff is IMO Orbis : Adds a few civs but not too many, quite as balanced as original civ. AI is decent even if not to paar with MnAI (but it is the oldest of all the mods I'll cite here: it has been "finished" instead of abandonned, and is quite good) only issue is that it is old and couldn't benefit from the AI and balance improvement of MnAi or EiTB

EiTB worked on balance, especially in view of multiplayer, and chasing multiplayer/synchronisation issues. There are the same units& civ as in MnAI, but with many tweaks of hammer costs, tech requirements...etc

Emm is based on MnAI and introduces to the AI improvement of MnAI the balancing of EiTB + a bit of fluff.

WildMana: add fluff, but mainly for improving the magical system adding mana guardians...Et ; it is quite interesting. (but quite old as the modder tansitionned it later to MoM)

Master of Manan or MoM has very nice system and AI... but it's almost a total conversion of FFH2 : most mecanism are changed : I'll suggest you to play with version 1.42 and X-tended for 1.42... (or maybe Darksavant's modmod... which has the better Ai, many interesting things and bug fixes of beta2 but do not use the roosters and planes, which are currently not-finished/balanced)
    However, please beware, while lore is very close to FFH, the mechanics make it a totally new game... as far from FFH than FFH is far from BTS.

(NB: version beta3, which is now abandonned, seems interesting, but very complexe, and even more different from base FFH)

Eventually, Magister's modmod is also a "new fluff" game, it adds a lot of mechanics and changes to units, spells, buildings ...Etc but no new civ. It gets the improved AI and Balance from MnAI. Its philosophy is to make the game closer to "cannon-lore" than it previously was, even by adding new mechanics, some of which are really complicated to code) Further it pushes even farther the main concept of FFH : "Balances is reached by powering up a weak party instead of nerfing the strong ones" : Balance in Magister Modmod is made my creating many ways to get OP...

6. Edish

Edish Chieftain

The SNV trick worked, but it's buggy. Gets CTDs and broken saves... One weird thing has happned, I get the countdown of 1.25 minutes and then the turn ends... no idea how to turn it off... and when I enter OPTIONS to try to shut it down, it semifreezes 50% of the time and i cant exit the options menu...

Any help om the 1.25 minute countdown would be lovely..

7. ZenCloud

ZenCloud Chieftain

I see that there was an update to the standard version of the download on November 5th, was it just an update with bug fixes?

8. black_imperator

hmmm, not sure where you got that from, i haven't updated in some time, i've been having internet troubles.

9. ZenCloud

ZenCloud Chieftain

Oh, unless I'm misinterpreting the date on the 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/ashesoferebus/' link. Says the last update was 11-05-2018 so I read that as earlier this month. Came up because I just introduced a friend to the game and he said the game must have just updated. My mistake!

10. black_imperator

no problem, i'm not sure why sourceforge says the last update is at that date ^^