Final Fixes Reborn

I agree with @azatote ,the Scions have plenty of UBs and unique mechanics, so a replacement Salthouse UB is not critical. Easier to just block it for the Scions.

Random question. Has the Pillar of Fire spell been nerfed compared to the base FFH?

Big thanks to all the devs working on this game. I've been playing FFH2, FF, and RifE for years and just discovered AoE. Looking forward to getting back into it.

Last edited:
Random question. How is the development going version vise? When can we expect the next stable build?

proper release still blocked by the damn python bug which reappeared in full force after the latest svn revision. Whenever i get some time, i'm gonna open a thread about it in dll to get some help because i'm out of ideas.

Apart from that, did some ai work and the first steps of the reworked crime system recently.

When you do I might just give it a dive. Assuming I have the free time.

Hello there, I have a simple question (and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this). If I already have FFH2, patch "o", and More Naval AI downloaded am I able to simply follow the download instructions for AoE without worry? Perhaps to be more clear, is More Naval AI compatible with AoE or would I have to start from scratch? Thanks :)

Basically the way mods work in CIV4 is that you can only ever play with one active at a time. So you can have every single CIV4 mod in the world installed on your machine, each in its own folder. But you can't combine them together.

Duly noted, thanks for the help you two :) Are there any online 'wiki-like' resources to see everything that Ashes of Erebus has introduced compared to base FFH2? Or would it be simpler just to investigate the Rise from Erebus forum to find that?

My advice is to just dive in head first. Open the in game wiki, read the CIV pages and pick one whose lore you like. And than just play a random game with that one.

Replayed mod once again and wow! that was cool. I decided to play Austrin thinking they were just "almost-baseline" human civ like hippus or chislev. I did not expect how much their gameplay is changed by their recon units, "prepare expedition" and no maintance for distance. But the biggest OP thing is Trader trait - i tasted it before with Mazatl unqiue civic, but food and hammers from trade routes is so strong! My trackers just roamed the world, placing cities on the coasts, and with Great Lighthouse every new city had 20-25 food and hammers per turn immediatly. Absolute domination!

Several problems/bugs though:

1. Trackers can't upgrade to beastmasters.
2. I often get "You disabled religion by using other mods, start new game to fix it" problem.
3. I found a way to evade Gift Vampirism block for mercenary vampires - you can add Vampire merc to Flesh Golem and Flesh Golem will be able to bite your other lvl6+ units. I think it's cool as feature - it can be used only in late-game where human usually dominates anyway.
4. Astrological event which decreases your relations with other nations does it permanantly and stacks with itself (so it seems ) - it can give as much as -10 penalty by the end of the game.

proper release still blocked by the damn python bug which reappeared in full force after the latest svn revision. Whenever i get some time, i'm gonna open a thread about it in dll to get some help because i'm out of ideas.

Apart from that, did some ai work and the first steps of the reworked crime system recently.
I've taken to looking at the various python files in your repository. NO guarantees that I'll be able to say anything smart. But like, can I get a very quick update on the major bug we are talking about? Like, just a link to a post reporting it will do as I can't dig one up.

Replayed mod once again and wow! that was cool. I decided to play Austrin thinking they were just "almost-baseline" human civ like hippus or chislev. I did not expect how much their gameplay is changed by their recon units, "prepare expedition" and no maintance for distance. But the biggest OP thing is Trader trait - i tasted it before with Mazatl unqiue civic, but food and hammers from trade routes is so strong! My trackers just roamed the world, placing cities on the coasts, and with Great Lighthouse every new city had 20-25 food and hammers per turn immediatly. Absolute domination!

Several problems/bugs though:

1. Trackers can't upgrade to beastmasters.
2. I often get "You disabled religion by using other mods, start new game to fix it" problem.
3. I found a way to evade Gift Vampirism block for mercenary vampires - you can add Vampire merc to Flesh Golem and Flesh Golem will be able to bite your other lvl6+ units. I think it's cool as feature - it can be used only in late-game where human usually dominates anyway.
4. Astrological event which decreases your relations with other nations does it permanantly and stacks with itself (so it seems ) - it can give as much as -10 penalty by the end of the game.
1. noted
2. well, either i made a mistake with the event tests ( possible) or it's a symptom of the python bug (if it reoccurs every turn for example, it should only happen once)

4 yeah, that's gonna get rid of soon.

I've taken to looking at the various python files in your repository. NO guarantees that I'll be able to say anything smart. But like, can I get a very quick update on the major bug we are talking about? Like, just a link to a post reporting it will do as I can't dig one up.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ashes-of-erebus-known-issues-and-bug-reports.625762/

the first post describes it. Basically, the game stops loading python files in subfolders for some reason, that makes all events, spells and interface break completely. The issue is that there's no understanding on why exactly, as it seems to happen to some people but not others ( i have not seen it myself on any of the computers i've used to test), even for the people it happens to, it doesn't seem to be consistently happening, and even when it happens, it does not always happen to the same files.

Thanks. Will have to look at the files that load the python (assuming that's not hardcoded). But so far have you ruled out the obvious things like file permissions, too long file paths, corrupted files and files being connected to the SVN in some way by windows being an idiot?

Downloading from SVN now.

Last edited:
Stupid question. When you say the game won't load from subfolders of the main python folder you are referring to the main python folder of the mod right? So couldn't you just put all the python files into the main folder? Or is the folder structure actually relevant?

the structure is actually relevant. I'd need to edit a large chunk of the c++ and python code to make everything match. I'll try when i have a week to kill though it probably won't matter as it's likely there's at least a bit of the structure linked to the hardcoded part in the exe.

riuminkd said:
NOOOOO! You hacked my perfect safeguard against mercenary vampires!
Anyway, thank you for confirming that my python code works, I wasn't able to test it when I coded it. I could prevent flesh golems from biting allies, but I find your trick too genius and funny to be removed.

Top Bottom