Final Fixes Reborn

BTW, the world editor issues suddenly cleared up on their own, for now. no idea what happened.

I ´ve got many problems with crashs while loadings savegames and ending turns in later games where the save file is above 1000kb. I often delete the cache and it helps sometimes but in this case I ´m not able to get into the next round. I also noticed the game is strong lagging in later games, probably because the more cities, units, casts etc.
I would like to know if I ´ve a bug in my current game I can ´t continue, or it might be some other issue with Win10 for example. Could someone take a look into my savegame plz and give some feedback if you can get into the next round? Thx in advance.

Attachments

• Svart.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
Thx Black_Imperator, I´m playing with the current SVN Version. Modules listed as below.,-)
Playing with win10 non-steam version.
Best Regards

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 189
Try disabling my graphic mods. They might be a tad too resource intensive for your PC. CIV4 was newer that optimized to begin with and it definitively isn't for modern hardware and my models do take up a lot of memory. Whilst you shouldn't be able to load your old save if this issue is frequent and recurrent as you say disabling them might just kill it.

Try disabling my graphic mods. They might be a tad too resource intensive for your PC. CIV4 was newer that optimized to begin with and it definitively isn't for modern hardware and my models do take up a lot of memory. Whilst you shouldn't be able to load your old save if this issue is frequent and recurrent as you say disabling them might just kill it.

Hey purple, thx for your advice. I tried to run my game with your mods disabled but it did not work. I assume the game crashes when the other civics begin their turn, I ´ve the dural in my game, maybe they do some nasty things, who knows. Or it might be some Win10 problem combined with civ4, my hardware is kinda good so cache should not be an issue, normally.

Windows 10 is problematic with civ4. It took me forever to get it running right. And this mod does indeed make things worse. Have you trued using compatibility modes and other such stuff?

Windows 10 is problematic with civ4. It took me forever to get it running right. And this mod does indeed make things worse. Have you trued using compatibility modes and other such stuff?

I enabled Win 7 compatibility mode one week before as I found it as a suggestion in this thread and it seems the game at least starts running a bit smoother. I did some changes in my modules now and started a new game and will see how it works.

Hmm, I got another question that might be an issue. When loading the game via aoe launcher and loading a game, it says I ´ve to load the aoe mod (bot aoe is allready running?), after that the mod reloads and the savegame getting loaded too.I ´m not sure if it is some kind of conflict or running as intended.

When running save games my best experience has been simply double clicking the save file it self rather than going through the game. That works every time for me.

When running save games my best experience has been simply double clicking the save file it self rather than going through the game. That works every time for me.

Interesting idea Purple, I ´ll try that. I experienced with starting before too, sometimes I start vanilla civ and load the mod and then save game, or using launcher etc. , the long way helped me a bit to avoid phyton bugs in earlier revisions.

@black_imperator
The new events don ´t seem to work for me, I get see the texts like ...druid bloosom spell, break idol, creatures settle in your city, building a fortress etc. but nothing more happens. Is it working as intended because these events are still in progress?

2 Quick questions:
1) What happened with Khad (Amurite Leader)? He's in the Civilopedia entries and the random Amurite event, but he's not an in game option.
2) Would it be possible to code a game option that allows any Civ to build the buildings/units of other civilizations upon conquering the appropriate cities? I believe this Mod exists in Vanilla, called "Assimilation." One of my favorite game modes is to enable 1 city and rely entirely on conquering for expansion since it seems a little more natural in play. Assimilation mode would further add flavor to this idea.

Once again, high praise and appreciation to the mods. The fact that I'm still playing this as my go-to game years past its creation is stunning and amazing! Thanks!

1) At some point, he was leader of a separate civ ( the Kahdi), but the civ was not different enough to be a fully-fledged civ. So he was turned into an event-only leader like Koun. (When the revolution system is set up, he'll always be one of the first splitting leaders from the Amurites). I want to rework his original mechanic into the dynamic trait system before i decide whether to put him back as a starting leader or not.

2) Some leaders have access to that (Decius or Theodora of the Elohim come to mind)

Kael himself was the one who created the Assimilation Mod a long time ago, although I don't think he ever incorporated it into FfH or FfH2 as a game option, instead having some civs or leaders with that ability.

There are other mods, eg, Caveman to Cosmos, that allow Assimilation as a game option.

And as @black_imperator said, some leaders in AoE have that ability.

One could make an argument that in a fantasy mod such as AoE, RifE, FfH, etc., where you have different species, an Assimilation option would make even more sense than it does in regular Civ. In regular Civ (I started with Civ 3), the idea is that after a city is conquered, the newly-born inhabitants think of themselves as being the nationality of the conquering civ, not the original civ. In a mod like this one, though, that doesn't really work: if the Khazad capture a Ljosalfar city, the next generation aren't magically transformed into Dwarves, unless you're gong to assume that the conqueror wipes out the conquered population and repopulates with his own people.

Having said that, though, the downside of adding an Assimilation option is that you would lose the distinctiveness of leaders with the Tolerant or Conqueror trait and would have to come up with something to replace that.

I should also add that with the mod still in its current state, with fixes still going on, adding a whole new mechanism is probably more programming trouble than it's worth.

Short term the easy solution is just to put Tolerant on every leader. Can be done through xml easily if you really want to, but i could make a game option out of it. ( it would indeed be unbalanced for the current tolerant and Conqueror leaders, but around 90% of game options have some kind of unbalance ^^)

Very Long term, i'd really like to play more with the concepts of culture, nationality and population, but there are probably 20 features i need or want to go through first. (and the priority is still bugfixing, the features show up on a day when i need something motivating to code ^^)

This discussion makes me want to find a middle ground:

a twist would be to enable a limited building which allows tolerant in some cities, but cannot be built in all new cities.
and that building may come with a small malus.

Tolerant/Conqueror get this feature without needing the building / could have a "total occupation building" which allow their own buildings/units on top of normal ones: thus keep a distinctiveness of tolerant/conqueror.

examples for limitation of number of buildings :
building may need 3 (4) tribunals (so only 1 for every 3-4 cities you own)
building is a spell from a limited number unit linked to a civic : Liberty enable 4 "Local Administrator" : can cast "Delocalised administration"
building needs a GA (or GP(?) or GC) to sacrifice.
building is a mini-wonder : only 1 per civ
building is a series of mini-wonder : 1 mini-wonder per former civ (total 21 mini-wonders to create) : need local "former ownership of civ X" & 1 per civ (dunno if you can put "former ownership of ljosalfar" as a building prereq)

Building may be limited +1happy; -10%culture -10%hammers +10%maintenance; opens-up former UU and former UB (removes current invading owner's UB(?) (or only allow former UU and not UB)

Tolerant/conqueror get an increased assimilation rate for conquered cities : Get a "Cultural Merge" building : allow the civs UU/UB(?) to be built in the city on top of the former's civ UU/UB

Short term the easy solution is just to put Tolerant on every leader. Can be done through xml easily if you really want to, but i could make a game option out of it. ( it would indeed be unbalanced for the current tolerant and Conqueror leaders, but around 90% of game options have some kind of unbalance ^^)

Very Long term, i'd really like to play more with the concepts of culture, nationality and population, but there are probably 20 features i need or want to go through first. (and the priority is still bugfixing, the features show up on a day when i need something motivating to code ^^)

I suppose that's the easiest to program, having the Assimilation game option give everyone the Tolerant trait. But I think you'd have to have that Game Option, if exercised by the player, also give some new trait to Decius, Thessalonica, and Prime Minister Esirce. Unlike @Calavente , I don't have anything more to offer by way of suggestions, unfortunately.

I would favor it as a Game Option, incidentally, since there are probably players who wouldn't want to use it.

it's easy for me to give suggestions... as I don't have to be limited by what is possible :)
but I agree, if you have an "assimilation" game option, then Tolerant trait owner should get a new trait... with "powerful" bonus.

Honestly I don't like the idea. Tolerance in a world such as FFH is something that should be rare and unique as opposed to widespread. It takes a special kind of ruler to be able to wrangle vampires and demons to fight side by side with tree worshipers and those that follow order. And this is literally the sort of differences we are talking about here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom