1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Charbonnier

Charbonnier Chieftain

What is the LENA installer?

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

LENA is an old mod of Orbis that was thought to be lost until recently someone found a copy of it. i uploaded it to the svn so that we keep that copy around ^^

3. Covr

Covr Chieftain

So, I gave it another chance, this time I've bought GOG version, as the steam is having some problems with Civ4.
    Windows 10 user, BTS.exe is set to Win7 compatibility.
    I try to run the game via AoELauncher provided with the SVN version - is it working correctly? It has some mods activated by default that are conflicting each other, eg. Hamstalfar. Is the launcher working at all?
    Even when I try to disable all conflicting modules I get XML errors once the game is loading (Tag: PROMITION_CHAIN_OF_COMMAND in info class was incorrect. Current XLM file is: xml\Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml.
    Any idea how to fix that?

4. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Yeah, the launcher works, it's a bit too harsh on the conflicts ( the ones displayed are false positives).

On the PROMOTION_CHAIN_OF_COMMAND error, someone else got the error yesterday, check the folder : Documents/My Games/BTS/mods, if there is a copy of AoE there, delete it ( i'm not exactly sure how it showed up there for the other player, but it's an old version, not the svn one)

5. Covr

Covr Chieftain

It worked, thanks! Is there any set of recommended working mods to be enabled with the launcher?

6. Cyrus317

Cyrus317 Chieftain

First, thanks to the modders. I continue to love this game because of you!
    Second, this is not a complaint, but is there any key to making the game more stable? I can't tell you the last time I played through a whole game without getting a late game crash that I couldn't reload around. I don't have a true gaming machine, and I enjoy playing with a larger number of civs than is standard for a map size. I actually try to play games with a European feel (15+ civs and only enough room for maybe 3 cities per Civ, max). The game typically plays well til about midgame, then starts to fall apart. Are some civs more stable than others?

7. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

Hi! I have been fighting recently to make it at least generate new map.

I found I must disable any conflicting module.

Is there any way to ask you to revise the modules so that these stop conflicting to each other? I want maximum flavor and functionality, please =)

Kind regards,

0range

8. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Each and every module is working (though maybe not balanced). Here's a quick summary of what each module does :
    Dural, Frozen and Hamstalfar are new civs.
    MoreEvents does what it tells,
    PPQ_flavor adds new unit artworks,
    BlackDuke the black duke event and unit.
    As for the ones disabled by default,
    adv_workers buffs khazad and luchuirp workers,
    Chislev is the Chislev overhaul by Alsark,
    Dwarves revamps the dwarven arcane line,
    EmergentLeaders adds 4 leaders,
    everchanging adds a weird world unit,
    fortifications buffs fortresses and makes some world improvements capturable as forts,
    Jotnar is a giant civ,
    lizard-art is cosmetic,
    loyalcorrupt is cosmetic (changes Good Evil to Loyal-Corrupt),
    mom-buildings adds 2 new buildings,
    more-arcane adds mounted adepts,
    MPL is a test module ( don't activate it),
    noggormotha adds a weird unit,
    reformed_liches revamps liches,
    research_grant allows archmages to stay in cities and produce research,
    scion-healthcare revamps scion health buildings,
    silvercircle is a wonder and
    werepyre addresses vampire werewolves.

The modules by themselves shouldn't be conflicting, it's a false positive from the launcher. Can you tell me which modules you deactivated to get the map to load easier though ? it may help me understand where the issue comes from ( in the meantime, put civ4 in win7 compatibility mode, it helps with stability for some reason).

making the game more stable is an endless battle ^^ concerning the recurring crashes, the best way is to post a save here, with the version you're using and the list of modules you have activated, so that i can test and bugfix it. i'm also reactivating old profiling functions to try and determine what takes too much time and could be simplified.

9. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

As far as my modules go PPQ_Flavor and PPQ_Navy ( I don't know if both are included in the SVN) they will show conflicts because they edit the same civs unit art style but they don't actually conflict as they do not edit the same units. So that definitively should not cause issues.