Final Fixes Reborn

So, I gave it another chance, this time I've bought GOG version, as the steam is having some problems with Civ4.
Windows 10 user, BTS.exe is set to Win7 compatibility.
I try to run the game via AoELauncher provided with the SVN version - is it working correctly? It has some mods activated by default that are conflicting each other, eg. Hamstalfar. Is the launcher working at all?
Even when I try to disable all conflicting modules I get XML errors once the game is loading (Tag: PROMITION_CHAIN_OF_COMMAND in info class was incorrect. Current XLM file is: xml\Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml.
Any idea how to fix that?

So, I gave it another chance, this time I've bought GOG version, as the steam is having some problems with Civ4.
Windows 10 user, BTS.exe is set to Win7 compatibility.
I try to run the game via AoELauncher provided with the SVN version - is it working correctly? It has some mods activated by default that are conflicting each other, eg. Hamstalfar. Is the launcher working at all?
Even when I try to disable all conflicting modules I get XML errors once the game is loading (Tag: PROMITION_CHAIN_OF_COMMAND in info class was incorrect. Current XLM file is: xml\Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml.
Any idea how to fix that?

Yeah, the launcher works, it's a bit too harsh on the conflicts ( the ones displayed are false positives).

On the PROMOTION_CHAIN_OF_COMMAND error, someone else got the error yesterday, check the folder : Documents/My Games/BTS/mods, if there is a copy of AoE there, delete it ( i'm not exactly sure how it showed up there for the other player, but it's an old version, not the svn one)

It worked, thanks! Is there any set of recommended working mods to be enabled with the launcher?

First, thanks to the modders. I continue to love this game because of you!
Second, this is not a complaint, but is there any key to making the game more stable? I can't tell you the last time I played through a whole game without getting a late game crash that I couldn't reload around. I don't have a true gaming machine, and I enjoy playing with a larger number of civs than is standard for a map size. I actually try to play games with a European feel (15+ civs and only enough room for maybe 3 cities per Civ, max). The game typically plays well til about midgame, then starts to fall apart. Are some civs more stable than others?

Hi! I have been fighting recently to make it at least generate new map.

I found I must disable any conflicting module.

Is there any way to ask you to revise the modules so that these stop conflicting to each other? I want maximum flavor and functionality, please =)

Kind regards,

0range

It worked, thanks! Is there any set of recommended working mods to be enabled with the launcher?
Each and every module is working (though maybe not balanced). Here's a quick summary of what each module does :
Dural, Frozen and Hamstalfar are new civs.
MoreEvents does what it tells,
PPQ_flavor adds new unit artworks,
BlackDuke the black duke event and unit.
As for the ones disabled by default,
adv_workers buffs khazad and luchuirp workers,
Chislev is the Chislev overhaul by Alsark,
Dwarves revamps the dwarven arcane line,
EmergentLeaders adds 4 leaders,
everchanging adds a weird world unit,
fortifications buffs fortresses and makes some world improvements capturable as forts,
Jotnar is a giant civ,
lizard-art is cosmetic,
loyalcorrupt is cosmetic (changes Good Evil to Loyal-Corrupt),
mom-buildings adds 2 new buildings,
more-arcane adds mounted adepts,
MPL is a test module ( don't activate it),
noggormotha adds a weird unit,
reformed_liches revamps liches,
research_grant allows archmages to stay in cities and produce research,
scion-healthcare revamps scion health buildings,
silvercircle is a wonder and
werepyre addresses vampire werewolves.

Is there any way to ask you to revise the modules so that these stop conflicting to each other? I want maximum flavor and functionality, please =)

Kind regards,

0range
The modules by themselves shouldn't be conflicting, it's a false positive from the launcher. Can you tell me which modules you deactivated to get the map to load easier though ? it may help me understand where the issue comes from ( in the meantime, put civ4 in win7 compatibility mode, it helps with stability for some reason).

First, thanks to the modders. I continue to love this game because of you!
Second, this is not a complaint, but is there any key to making the game more stable? I can't tell you the last time I played through a whole game without getting a late game crash that I couldn't reload around. I don't have a true gaming machine, and I enjoy playing with a larger number of civs than is standard for a map size. I actually try to play games with a European feel (15+ civs and only enough room for maybe 3 cities per Civ, max). The game typically plays well til about midgame, then starts to fall apart. Are some civs more stable than others?
making the game more stable is an endless battle ^^ concerning the recurring crashes, the best way is to post a save here, with the version you're using and the list of modules you have activated, so that i can test and bugfix it. i'm also reactivating old profiling functions to try and determine what takes too much time and could be simplified.

Kind regards,

0range
As far as my modules go PPQ_Flavor and PPQ_Navy ( I don't know if both are included in the SVN) they will show conflicts because they edit the same civs unit art style but they don't actually conflict as they do not edit the same units. So that definitively should not cause issues.

I swing by here every 9 months or so to update and play a few games - I managed to grab some interested friends this time around. Has anyone tried running a pitboss game of Ashes in the somewhat recent past? I've never ran pitboss before at all but a normal game isn't really an option now that we're all old geezers with kids and spread around the world.

Edit: I was installing as I typed that - initial attempt to just run pitboss.exe and select the 'code' mod (now renamed to Ashes of Erebus to prevent another error I was getting) resulted in a scrolling list of errors similar to "FTranslater: AddText- WARNING: ID tag TXT_KEY_POPUP_REGENERATE_MAP is already used by var"

A few hundred of these with different tags in each. Followed by an elapsed time then a message that CvEngine::shutdownGraphics is being called.

Edit2: If I continue past this screen by selecting the mod again it brings me through the server connection info setup options and eventually to the game setup options. On this screen I don't see a way to select factions and I can't scroll down the list of 'additional rules'. The factions thing is important but I can live without my religious based interfaces and all unique features options :).

After that screen I see the console selecting random civs and leaders then going through the terrain creation process. After 'adding goodies' it just closes with no further messages or errors of any kind.

Last edited:
When I try launching the game nothing happens.. I followed the instructions, I have the steam version, ive changed the beta to original, i can get the launcher to start ive double checked the path.. but still absolutly nothing happens after i hit launch.

I am also having same issue, Windows 10 Home edition, fresh install of computer and steam / CIV4/BTA (set to Beta original release). Followed the instructions but nothing happens after I hit launch. Any help much appreciated - even just ideas on what to try. I've run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and 8, run as administrator etc. to no avail yet...

Thanks for the continued work on this awesome mod, that said I noticed an issue while playing as the scions of Patria. If you form a colony with a low pop city( as they normally are when conquered) it changes to a zero population city which makes your colony unable to do anything as they are Fallow and cant grow population. Also noticed you cant gift units to your colony, not sure if this is normal.
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

It's been a while, but I just checked out the SVN again (seem have to lost access to my old civ fanatics account. Missed this mod. Anyway, what're the updates to crime rate? It seems to work differently now, which is cool, but I don't know what effect having a high or low crime rate would have.

Sorry if I'm beating around the bush, but can anyone confirm if the Steam version of BtS is unable to run AoE?
I've been at it for hours now trying to find a fix. Did 2 clean installations on both the original version and Steam workshop version and the mod still won't work properly. Do I need to get the GoG version to get it to run?

Sorry if I'm beating around the bush, but can anyone confirm if the Steam version of BtS is unable to run AoE?
I've been at it for hours now trying to find a fix. Did 2 clean installations on both the original version and Steam workshop version and the mod still won't work properly. Do I need to get the GoG version to get it to run?

I got the subversion version running off the steam (original release) version
What kind of errors are you running into?

I got the subversion version running off the steam (original release) version
What kind of errors are you running into?
The launcher does not appear to work on my case. When clicking on "Launch AoE", nothing happens. If I boot up the game through Steam and then try to load the mod through the game, nothing changes either.

Here's a screenshot of the path of installation. Maybe I unzipped the folder on the wrong place, idk.

upload_2020-5-13_10-28-20.png

The launcher does not appear to work on my case. When clicking on "Launch AoE", nothing happens. If I boot up the game through Steam and then try to load the mod through the game, nothing changes either.

Here's a screenshot of the path of installation. Maybe I unzipped the folder on the wrong place, idk.

View attachment 555467
Hmmm, I'm running the version off of subversion, because it's more up to date, though I did have that error where nothing happened. That was when I accidentally installed it in the wrong directory

Can you run RiFE tools off the launcher and check the RIFE path
upload_2020-5-13_11-43-49.png

It's probably because your folder is one level too deep, you have Ashes of Erebus 14.11 wrapped around the Ashes of Erebus Folder

Top Bottom