1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

testing is what everyone does. Just remember to report any issue you find ^^ Pedia fixes is definitely something i could use some more help with

2. lh_kkking

lh_kkking Chieftain

A possible bug to cause crash-to-desktop (CTD) on AI's turn and when loading a save file.
    First of all, AoE SVN was used. The revision number was 343.

The following was what happened and what I did to find this. Around turn 80-90, then game got a high chance of CTD during AI's turn. So I opened the world builder and found this situation showing in the attached figure. After I deleted the monster unit, the following game went on just fine.
    It maybe the source of the CTD bug. If it was the bug, I have no theory on how it could cause the problem.

I put the save file in the attachment. So capable people can check it out.

Attached Files:

3. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

Is there any way to turn off Altar of Luotannath victory? Or set it so only defeating all other players (other than allies) is victory? And will AI not attack if you play on after it?

4. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

How are you meant to tell which units belong to which enemy players when no banners are shown for AI players in the diplomacy screens?

5. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

@black_imperator already answered that question here. No way to reduce unhappy citizens saying "it's too crowded"?, so I'll just quote him

"For the diplomacy screen, it's a good point. In the meantime, the mouseover info of a unit indicates which player is its owner.'

6. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

7. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

Is the Ljosfalar Palace bugged? It doesn't seem to provide the three types of mana it says it does.

8. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

not that i know of, can you take a screenshot of your mana bar ?

9. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

If you start a Custom Game (Single Player --> Custom Game) you can choose which Victory Conditions to allow, so you can set things up to disable an Altar of the Luonnotar victory, among others.

10. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

Thanks

11. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

If you set it to "No wild animals" in a customgame will it get rid of that **** Cernunnos and his ******* sea monsters too?

12. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

It should yes. Cernunnos is the Wild Animals

13. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

When I first started playing this mod, when I started a new game it offered options on things like whether you want Ancient Ruins, whether you want any desert or taiga or not. Now it doesn't seem to give those options, even if i click "go back". I did try playing Fall From Heaven 2 and with ExtraModMod loaded, but FFH2 and Ashes of Erebus and ExtraModMod all have their own separate Mod folders. And AOE and FFH2 have separate shortcuts.

What would cause that and how would you fix it?

EDIT : nm just realised those options are only available if you choose Erebuscontinent map and not just "continents"

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  14. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

those options depend on the mapscript you're using. It's only in the ErebusContinent and World of Erebus mapscripts.

15. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

Sorry and thanks again - had just worked it out and was editing just as you posted that

16. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

Is there anything I can do to stop Loki causing unrest in my cities? Could an assassin kill him if i got the tech for one?

17. Bickendan

Bickendan Chieftain

Only way to kill Loki is to surround him so he physically can't move then attacking.

18. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

Can you have temples of more than one religion in the same city? Or if you build another one, will it destroy the temple you had in it?

19. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

you can have more than one

20. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

Thanks Bickendan and Black Imperator