Final Fixes Reborn

the issue is that some of the quirks come from parts of the code i've never spent time on, so fixing them would require a large amount of uninterrupted time, which i don't have at the moment ( same for multiplayer ^^). I can only work on this a little bit at a time, which is good enough to improve slightly some mechanics, add a bit of content or fix most of the bugs people report, but not to go delve in the larger issues.

Anyway, for the next version, i'm focusing on bug fixing, finishing up the current stuff, and add small content like lair results.

i'm reluctant to do it in the default version for now, but i'll test some things in a module

If I may ask you the question, why do you don ´t like the idea? I ´m curious, as I just see positive points to bring some life in the big hill peaks :)

i feel like having it provide any kind of positive yields lessens the trade-offs you may have when choosing where to put a city.

Hmm, I ´m just annoyed having them all around when trying to have a good start for my big capital as these hills are just wasted city slots with no utility so I ve to reload again and again :-D. I would be ok too, when I would have the chance to terraform them into regular hills somehow :)

Can anyone tell me how to install this mod please? I've downloaded it from SourceForge and unzipped it to its own folder. But when i open the player read me file it opens it with MS Word and it's blank. I have a GOG installation of CIV 4 complete, but can change to Steam if that makes installation easier.

I was starting to do fine until one turn all my cities become unhappy, and examining them they all have +5 unhappiness due to "We're afraid of nearby units". I can't see any enemy units, so I send a hawk to every city and get them to check it out - still nothing. One city has some enemy fleet units maybe 12 or 15 tiles away. That's it. What's causing this>

How is anyone meant to know which units and cities on the map are which AI player's when there are no flags on the diplomacy screen to tell you whose flags on the map are whose?

I've noticed if i give a combat unit the +20% strength upgrade, it's Strength stat when you click on the unit never ever seems to increase, even if it's a hero unit that started with strength 6 (which should mean it increases to 7 or 7.2). Why is this?

Is there no way to reduce unhappiness caused by citizens of a settlement saying "it's too crowded"? Does building cottages have any effect on it?

After years of playing the stable release, FFh, and fall further, I downloaded the SVN! Building and resources with + to happiness and health do not show the happiness and health symbol? Is this a known problem?

Please do not make a new thread every time you have a question. There are existing threads for miscanellous questions and bug reports, this one for example :
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-and-bug-reports.625762/page-33#post-16025991 Alternatively, you can join the discord that's in my signature.

To answer your various questions :
-the "too crowded" unhappiness is the base unhappiness effect. Like in vanilla, you cannot decrease it, only increase sources of happiness to compensate it.
-the strength % bonus don't show on the base strength but apply on battle ( and show for battle preview calculations if you take a look)
-For the diplomacy screen, it's a good point. In the meantime, the mouveover info of a unit indicates which player is its owner.
-Some barbarian heroes can affect the "nearby unit" unhappiness from all the way across the map. Alternatively, it may be a unit that's invisible to you currently ( and you should invest in recon units).

You need to remind your self how vanilla CIV4 works.

The core mechanisms of the game are basically the same as in BtS, so Promotions, Happiness, and Gold income should work the same way. (Kael long ago reduced the rate of inflation in FfH2 because he didn't think it was "fun," but more seriously, because in BtS you have a lot of late game buildings that can increase Commerce and Gold, which you don't in FfH2 and its successor modmods.)

To the extent that things don't work the same way (eg, Civics, Religions, Magic, etc.), part of the fun of a mod is exploring the new features.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy.

Awesome thank you. Love that you still work on this. I'm no programmer but I would be willing to do testing or civiopedia fixes if that is something you need.

As far as I know, it can be caused by the spawning of the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse.
The first time the Armageddon Counter (AC) reaches 40, the first horseman called 'Stephanos' will be spawned on the map. As long as Stephanos is around anywhere on the map, it will cause this unhappiness. So, you have to find and defeat him.
The following 3 horseman can also cause this, should the AC get even higher to get them spawned.

As far as I know, it can be caused by the spawning of the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse.
The first time the Armageddon Counter (AC) reaches 40, the first horseman called 'Stephanos' will be spawned on the map. As long as Stephanos is around anywhere on the map, it will cause this unhappiness. So, you have to find and defeat him.
The following 3 horseman can also cause this, should the AC get even higher to get them spawned.
Thanks - that explains it - it said Stephanos had appeared in some far off land at one point

I see some animals units say "Cernunnos" on them. Is he an aI player or a god? Is there any way to make peace with him/her? Will building the building that "makes peace with animal packs" have any effect with animals controleld by Cernunnos? Or none?

Can you please stop creating new threads for every one of your questions? You're cluttering up the forum unnecessarily.

If your question, comment, etc. relates to a bug or some other issue, the place to post it is in the Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports thread, here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ashes-of-erebus-known-issues-and-bug-reports.625762/

If you have a question, comment, etc., that's not a bug report or some other issue problem, then best to post in the Final Fixes Reborn thread, here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/final-fixes-reborn.493730/

Creating a new thread for each question just clutters this place up for no reason.

Thanks.

Top Bottom