1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Yeah, that's why i think the trait path is the better one, we can do different small bonuses (building, promo, spell,... ) with one general xml setup.
    For the bonuses, suggest ideas for the UF you want, and with everyone we should have a full set.

2. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

question:
    can you do this:
    - Seeker (generic thingy)
    - Warden (smallish promotion per HP)
    - Keeper : open 1 trait per HP ?

3. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

That's possible, though i was more thinking of limiting to just a generic effect for each and cumulative small bonuses of various kinds, the traits being only the method of delivery ( i can very easily do trait-specific promotions, units, buildings or spells, and i can easily give and remove traits based on UF ownership, but directly linking UF ownership to promos and stuff is not currently possible in the code)

4. Calavente

so, can you have :
    xxx trait-xp : Keeper of Holy Places: open access to the following traits (added and removed upon conditions)
    -Keeper of the Trees of Peace : grant "immortal" to units with Spirit III (so you can cast peace more times with Corindale)
    -Keeper of the Mines of Mount Kashek : grant "mountainer" to disciples and melee units.
    -Keeper of the Well : all summons have the "fear" promotion. (or all mounted and arcane units have "immunity to fear")
    -Keeper of the Mirror of Heaven : +10 vs summons and illusions (for disciples and melee) , +1 visibility range , +1 ranged range (archery, mounted, and recon)
    -Keeper of the Tomb : all units get "blessing of Sucellus": can heal while moving / (but no improved heal).
    -Keeper of the Pass : allows building gargoyles (with marble, no-tech/building-limitation)
    -Keeper of the Stone : earth mana nodes gives +1F, +1P, +1C (and the stone)
    -Keeper of the Aifons : fishing boats get +1F+1P, disciples get water walking (this one is hard to get)
    -Keepers of the Cliff : allows to build griphons and pegasus with griphon weyr (one can build that in RifE???) AND heavy chariot tech ; griphons and pegasus get +3FS
    -Keepers of the Bones : +5% vs beasts, +5%vs dragons to disciples and recon units
    -Keepers of the Sepulcre : +undead can cast "Double move" (same as the centaur's sprint: gives haste and fatigued ; cannot be casted while fatigued.... yes, undead can fatigue... I mean their joints get damaged by over-use :D ).
    -Keepers of the Tears : pagan temple allow to "cure disease - pest - plague - withered"
    -Keepers of Odio: Dungeons get +1 :)
    -Keepers of Frost Memory: melee and recon get +5% in tundra/ice
    -Keepers of Patria : mines give +1P
    -Keepers of the Seraphic: disciples get +0.2str fire affinity
    -Keepers of the Maelstrom: +1mvt to ships
    -Keepers of Yggdrasil : all animals and beasts get "strong".

5. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Most of those should be doable very easily yeah. Thanks for the ideas ^^

6. Calavente

I especially proposed "weak" or "very weak" traits... as it stems from the assumption that they would gain multiple traits or even most traits;.. which would give in total a big big trait.

7. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Yeah, that's the plan ^^

8. Ilari

Ilari Chieftain

I have 2 bugs to report; same save file for both. First, trying to create battle sluga crashes the game. (tried to find if this was a known bug, most recent mention I could find claimed it was fixed, sorry if redundant) Also, I don't know what's causing it, but the game also crashes after ending my turn. Using non-steem 3.19 BtS, and SVN-214, with launcher-default modules.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxoH3Ywt3uljS1Rlamh5dGtfVnM/view?usp=sharing

Also, unrelated, I wrote up a few civilopedia fluff entries, and a great healer. Sorry if I didn't format them right. Also, sorry if this was the wrong place to post that. If people like them, I'll try to write more.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wAOZlUR1IO3RlCxpqmFq7XtDJmL-ELPGVc31fTW182Q/edit?usp=sharing

9. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

is it an older save that started to crash after you updated to 214, or is it a save you started at 214 ? Because i see where the crash comes from but i can't really make sense of it yet.

Edit : Seems to work correctly for me on a fresh 214 save.

10. Ilari

Ilari Chieftain

The game was started in version 214. The only saves until this one were auto-saves. I'll try redownloading 214 and see what happens. In case it makes any difference, I also have version 14.11 installed, but it's in a completely separate folder.

11. Randomness

Randomness ...

You might find some ideas for emergent traits here. I always felt it a shame that that was never updated. I never got a chance to play with it before it became incompatible.

12. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Tell me how it goes.

I forgot to answer about your pedias , i like the metal ones, the shadow Adept Morin one is good but i'm pretty sure we have one from KillerClowns (either ingame or waiting to be added) which is also great. I like the Refined mana less somehow, i feel like it's a bit too forceful for adept Morin.

Yeah, i got a list of old mods i want to look into and this one is very high up the list ^^

13. Viatos

Viatos Prince

Old question that I used to know the answer to - where do I go to look to see what's leaking to make saves jump from 550kb to 15GB between turns? It's probably my fault, but I keep running into it right around turn 173 - in a couple games, so possibly something I did to an event that's trying to fire. I don't really understand what I'm doing any more but I keep poking at things.

14. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Sorry, i've forgotten that too ^^ (haven't seen it happen in years) you want me to check the save ?

15. jackelgull

jackelgull An aberration of nature

Have you guys done anything to the emergent leader for the Khazad?

16. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Reorx Veinhunter, yeah , Athel Revus not yet.

for Reorx, currently ( not definitive) :
    his first level allows him to see all mineral resources from the start

his second gives him his old effect : +1 Prod on tiles with 2 Prod

his third gives his units an affinity to some mineral resource( +0.25 Defense per Mithril and 5% collateral per gunpowder currently)

17. King Doom

King Doom Chieftain

Okay, I downloaded the 14.11 mod, got the 14.14 patch, deleted the Assets/XML/Text folder like it says, installed the patch and the game is kinda borked. Starting up I get an xml error window that reads:

Tag:
    ARTING_SETTLER_PROMOTION in info class was incorrect
    Current XML file is : xml\Civilizations/CIV3LeaderRelationINfos.xml

and then a massive pile of errors about the different leaders who, when I finally get into the game all think they are the Cualli!

What exactly do I need to do to fix this?

18. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

you only need the 14.11 or svn versions, the patch 14.4 was to upgrade an older version.

19. King Doom

King Doom Chieftain

Ah, right, my bad. Looks like I read 14.4 as 14.14. Thanks for the quick reply!

20. Ilari

Ilari Chieftain

Sorry for taking so long on this, the holidays have been keeping me busy. Tried again with the clean install, trying to make Battle Sluga still crashes the game, but I can get to the next turn. So, take that as you will.

Glad you like the metal pedia fluff. If there is an entry for Shadow Mana, it isn't in game yet, as for Refined Mana, I figured mages would be a bit dismissive of the Mechanos, they are kind of coming along and telling everyone they've been doing it wrong for the past several ages. If you don't want to use it, that's ok. (I still think it funny) I'll let you know if I come up with anything else. (the fluffy side of the pedia is rather bare in places)