1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

yeah, that's one of the threads i read, #3 in particular is based on the "Broader Alignment Upgrade" part in the first post of that thread.

For the third axis thing, after a few years of thinking about it, i'm not convinced we have enough gameplay to justify it yet. As of now, it'll just be an additional system that won't affect enough stuff to be interesting.

3. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

re alignements:
    I think it would be easier to change the words "good-evil" into "loyalist-rebels" (proposed by Valkrion) or something like that: "Conservative / Ultra-liberal"( ;) ) ; "Righteous / Depraved" ; or "Loyalist/independantists" ; "Inheritors / Insurgent" ; "Faithful / New-Faith" ; "Legacy ; Self-builder / New Order" ( ;) )...Etc that would represent
    "Am I on the side of the angels of Old, keeper of the legacy of the One ? " or
    "am I on the side of the Fallen Angels and the rebells, the one that pursue personal power above all ?"

and keep the "lawful/chaotic" as a second axus.

then, maybe, add a "good-evil" third alignement, if time is there for it.
    (honestly, I don't really know if good-evil has much sense in FFH, even if the Grigori, or Ethne are more "good" than others)

4. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

@black_imperator, you might remember there was some discussion of possible alignment changes by the RifE team in this thread as well, when they were discussing plans to revamp religions, which I know you guys aren't planning:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=431977

5. Calavente

I thought a lot during the night: and I propose this:
    "Corrupt" for replacing the term "Evil" : it still have the negative aspect (which I think is important) ; it represents well the lore : corruption of the teachings of the One (Fall).

for "Good" I'm not sure:
    Aligned / Loyal / Righteous / Orthodox (but it gives too much of an "keep the old ways" feeling while progressists and technophil Luirchips are "Good") ... ?

6. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

For the name issue,i think i'm gonna release a module replacing all Good and Evil mentions in relevant pedia texts to Loyal and Corrupt (or something else, haven't decided yet). That way, people who want the name change will have easy access to it.

7. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I remember that Valkrionn was considering adding an alignment axis tentatively called Allegiance and the alignments Loyalist/Unaligned/Renegade. As a result, the alignments on the "Good-Evil" alignment axis would carry their conventional meanings rather than referring to sides in the Godswar. So ultimately there would be three alignments, but that might be a lot more than you want to do, though.

8. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Yeah, i mentioned it in an earlier post, i don't think it's that good of an idea anymore, we don't have enough interesting content to support three alignments at the moment, and it'll just cause confusion.

9. Calavente

I agree.
    two axis is already complex.
    however, removing the confusion by changing the name of "good-evil" would clarify things a bit.
    as for the replacement names... you do as you want.

10. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

If you are going to change "Evil" to "Corrupt," it seems like "Pure" would be the appropriate replacement term for "Good."

If you need a new term for "Neutral," then "Pragmatic" might suffice. (That is the term Ethne used in the Malakim version of Wages of Sin scenario to disparagingly describe Decius as not being committed enough to righteousness.)

11. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

I'm not gonna change it in the base download, simply because i'm not convinced it will make a difference. Whatever term we choose instead of good will always be confusing, because it will always have Basium and Einion in the same category ^^.

But, since some people are asking for it, i'll make a module. Pure, Pragmatic and Corrupt sound good to me for this, thanks MC.

Calavente, would that work for you ?

12. Calavente

my post got eaten...

long story short : yes :D
    (even if i'm really comfortable with the current good-evil axis)

13. Ilari

Ilari Chieftain

I have done more testing with the Mekara using r215. I have not had any problems creating battle sluga, however, I cannot get normal sluga to attach to an overseer while in a city, and any time they pass through a city they detach. And, sometimes, but not always, when they detach, they duplicate. As I recall, a similar thing happened in 14.11, so if this is a known bug, I apologize.

14. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I know you asked Calavente, not me, and in any event MC knows the FfH lore much MUCH better than I do, but I kind of liked Valkrionn's (preliminary) proposal of Loyalist/Unaligned/Renegade.

Anyway, it's just a name change that shouldn't really affect gameplay, so doesn't make all that much difference. Plus it'll be a module, so players can choose to use it or not. So if you like the sound of Pure/Pragmatic/Corrupt, then go with it.

15. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

I asked everyone, just adressed Calavente as he was the most vocal about the original Good/Evil names being confusing to new players. ^^

The issue i have with the Loyalist/Renegade names is that then you have the Lawful Loyalist alignment, which sounds weird to me

Ilari, can you get me a save of those issues happening, i'll try to look into it.

16. Calavente

I partly agree with No'easter: MC knows lore best.
    I'm not 100% behind "pure", but I have nothing better.

as for being vocal... it's what I do best when I don't have time to actually play :shame:

and I have the same issue as black_imperator regarding loyalist/renegade which is very close to lawful/chaotic

17. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

being vocal is good, I like having people to discuss these things with ^^

18. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I suppose things like Lawful Renegade or Chaotic Loyalist would sound a little strange. Anyway, whatever you decide, I don't have strong feelings on the terminology used.

19. Ilari

Ilari Chieftain

20. TheIanOakley

TheIanOakley Bugged

Haven't played Civ4 in almost a year, and want to play more FfH. What's the most recent version of this and where can I find it?