Final Fixes Reborn

Hello, first, great work, i have played RifE and i like it so i'll like to test this one.
I have downloaded but when i try to decompress it tell me there is an unknow compress method. Im using the 7z compressor from the link of this page.
Thank you.

Hi again, one quick question:

Is it possible to have some kind of max unit limit based on overall population size? Maybe 2 or 3 units per city pop? It would be kinda interesting, although I think the AI wouldn't be able to handle it very well.

Some things from my recent Multiplayer game:

On summoning Auric Ascended, selecting him results in an immediate OOS. Every single time he is selected, even after saves and reloads.

The Draw worked as expected, my Permanent Ally (the other player) was not force to DOW me.

On completing Ascension, Godslayer was dropped in my (The Illians) capital). The White Hand civs were made my Vassals, but we were still at war per the diplo screen. This meant I couldn't communicate with them.

My Permanent Ally could negotiate peace on my behalf after the draw, as well as accept capitulation from civs I was at war with. I think this one may be a good bad bug, as honestly, it was fun having something important and strategic for the civ that isn't using AA to do.

Has anybody ever figured out the issue with werewolves not being able to take promotions? I've searched and searched, and the most I can find is someone mentioning it in the old bug threads and no one ever responding. I have no idea what happens to make them be able to take them - I've had ravenous werewolves that could immediately take promotions, and greater werewolves that were never able. That is probably the single most irritating thing in the whole game for me.

I got a repeatable CTD when a Lanun settler was getting off of a boat. Doesn't matter what boat, any naval unit CTD when unloading a settler for me

Hi.
I love to play RifE, it's awesome. But I have some issues. I can't capture animals by any civilization. At all. Playing Mekara i can't augment anybody though I have necessary mana. I have v1.4, how can those be solved?

Go to the first post of this thread. This is the thread for Ashes of Erebus, the original RiFE team dropped the project

1) Building a dwarven fortress on a peak tile loop
When trying to build a dwarven fortress on a peak tile the worker(s) are not able to finish the task i.e. when reaching "1 turn left" it returns to how many turns the task was meant to take in the first place resulting in an endless loop.

Savegame attached. There were 7 turns for the task to be completed originally. If you skip a few turns when it gets to 1, the next turn it resets to 7.

I thought those workers were taking a little too long to build the mighty dwarven fortresses in those mountains :p

2) The clan defender unit has a pop up message that the "influence" promotion has handicap of -2 but it actually only a handicap of -1.5 meaning either the code needs to be updated, or the handicap text changed. Printscreens attached for 1 and 2 clan defenders.

Attachments

• Dwarvenfortressendlessloop.CivBeyondSwordSave
    327.6 KB · Views: 68
  • clandefenderhandicap.jpg
    clandefenderhandicap.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 64
Hello, first, great work, i have played RifE and i like it so i'll like to test this one.
I have downloaded but when i try to decompress it tell me there is an unknow compress method. Im using the 7z compressor from the link of this page.
Thank you.
Can you attach a printscreen please?

Hi again, one quick question:

Is it possible to have some kind of max unit limit based on overall population size? Maybe 2 or 3 units per city pop? It would be kinda interesting, although I think the AI wouldn't be able to handle it very well.
Anything is possible, yes, but there are technical and coding constraints.

Has anybody ever figured out the issue with werewolves not being able to take promotions? I've searched and searched, and the most I can find is someone mentioning it in the old bug threads and no one ever responding. I have no idea what happens to make them be able to take them - I've had ravenous werewolves that could immediately take promotions, and greater werewolves that were never able. That is probably the single most irritating thing in the whole game for me.
Can you post the save game please?

I got a repeatable CTD when a Lanun settler was getting off of a boat. Doesn't matter what boat, any naval unit CTD when unloading a settler for me
Can you post the save game please?

Anything is possible, yes, but there are technical and coding constraints.

Ok, I might have phrased that incorrectly. Being a professional programmer myself, I am aware that in fact very few things are impossible, even if we are working within the constraints of a specific game's engine. You just have to find a way.

But as I am still learning the structure of the game, I was hoping for hints on where to start doing this. Some time ago, I just edited the Civ4UnitInfos.xml to attach a total unit limit to every single unit, basically making them all national units. I based this on the overall value of the unit type, so there would still be lots of warriors, horsemen and archers running around, but you'd only see the occasional knight or crossbowman.

My basic idea is to set a hard cap based on total population (i.e.: n units per population point), but giving unit tier some weight.

There is a python function called canTrain, canBuild or something like that. I'm sure that if I knew the way to do so, I could just extend the function to look at total civ population first and prevent training units if the limit is reached. If I knew where to find the code for unit upkeep cost, it might actually help, too.

I tried to post the save of a game I had been experimenting with but unfortunately it exceeds the file size limit, probably because I play on huge maps.

Since I typed this explanation before I realized the file wouldn't attach, I guess I'll leave it and maybe it can help in some way. In the army stack in the captured city of Caelistis I have at least one Greater Werewolf (a dwarven chariot) that is unable to take promotions, one Blooded Werewolf (a shadowrider) that is unable to take promotions, and at least one Ravenous Werewolf (originally an ogre, but with promotions I got it to level 6 and upgraded to stoneskin ogre).

I had a few other unusual things occur in this game, most notably there are two Alcinus units running around. One of them is a werewolf under my control, that for some reason must have spawned without being undead. I think it was under dwarven control when I killed it with Alazkan (also werewolfed) and was pretty surprised when it came under my control. I think it had no promotions at all, yet it was level 10. The second Alcinus (I guess the first one really) was behaving as normal, and actually passed into my control as well via his normal death behavior. This is something I'd never seen before, so I have no idea what might have caused it.

Anyway, sorry that I can't post the file. I have a hard time believing that I'm the only one with this werewolf problem. I know it was endemic in the game for a long time, I even think Valkrionn mentioned it in passing in some thread somewhere, but even then no one mentioned a fix of any kind.

[..] My basic idea is to set a hard cap based on total population (i.e.: n units per population point), but giving unit tier some weight.

There is a python function called canTrain, canBuild or something like that. I'm sure that if I knew the way to do so, I could just extend the function to look at total civ population first and prevent training units if the limit is reached. If I knew where to find the code for unit upkeep cost, it might actually help, too.

keep in mind that AIs might have some issues with hard caps on unit counts

as for the upkeep costs, it's calculated in CvPlayer::calculateUnitCost(..) in the dll

I'm glad to see that RifE's legacy isn't completely dead! I was half crushed when I heard they weren't updating it anymore.

A question though: has Scions Healthcare been merged into this? I tried simply moving the module into my modules folder but the module manager said there was a conflict. Scions Healthcare was one of my favorite modules for RifE, and I'll admit I'm not hugely looking forward to doing without it.

My basic idea is to set a hard cap based on total population (i.e.: n units per population point), but giving unit tier some weight.

Have a look at this thread. The function is cannotTrain in CvGameUtils.py but requires to use a Python Callback (explained in the thread).

It doesn't take unit upkeep cost in consideration though.

I'm glad to see that RifE's legacy isn't completely dead! I was half crushed when I heard they weren't updating it anymore.

A question though: has Scions Healthcare been merged into this? I tried simply moving the module into my modules folder but the module manager said there was a conflict. Scions Healthcare was one of my favorite modules for RifE, and I'll admit I'm not hugely looking forward to doing without it.

No, it hasn't been merged, and it won't work with AoE. I don't believe it worked with RiFE 1.4, either. Some of odalrick's other mods do work, though.

No, it hasn't been merged, and it won't work with AoE. I don't believe it worked with RiFE 1.4, either. Some of odalrick's other mods do work, though.

Now I remember why I never updated to RifE 1.4! Unfortunate. Is there any plan to merge Scions Healthcare in the future, or is Ashes focusing solely on bug-fixing rather than new additions?

#13 Acheron - attacking outside leash range when bordering culture range or enemy unit (?). Printscreen attached.

I tried to post the save of a game I had been experimenting with but unfortunately it exceeds the file size limit, probably because I play on huge maps.

Since I typed this explanation before I realized the file wouldn't attach, I guess I'll leave it and maybe it can help in some way. In the army stack in the captured city of Caelistis I have at least one Greater Werewolf (a dwarven chariot) that is unable to take promotions, one Blooded Werewolf (a shadowrider) that is unable to take promotions, and at least one Ravenous Werewolf (originally an ogre, but with promotions I got it to level 6 and upgraded to stoneskin ogre).

I had a few other unusual things occur in this game, most notably there are two Alcinus units running around. One of them is a werewolf under my control, that for some reason must have spawned without being undead. I think it was under dwarven control when I killed it with Alazkan (also werewolfed) and was pretty surprised when it came under my control. I think it had no promotions at all, yet it was level 10. The second Alcinus (I guess the first one really) was behaving as normal, and actually passed into my control as well via his normal death behavior. This is something I'd never seen before, so I have no idea what might have caused it.

Anyway, sorry that I can't post the file. I have a hard time believing that I'm the only one with this werewolf problem. I know it was endemic in the game for a long time, I even think Valkrionn mentioned it in passing in some thread somewhere, but even then no one mentioned a fix of any kind.

Can you upload somewhere else and drop me the url? I really would like to have a look.

keep in mind that AIs might have some issues with hard caps on unit counts

as for the upkeep costs, it's calculated in CvPlayer::calculateUnitCost(..) in the dll
Ditto.

Now I remember why I never updated to RifE 1.4! Unfortunate. Is there any plan to merge Scions Healthcare in the future, or is Ashes focusing solely on bug-fixing rather than new additions?
Put it this way: there are over 300 bugs already flagged on the waiting list and very little person-power to do stuff... you do the maths about the "future" :p

Attachments

• Acheronnotleashed.jpg
    Acheronnotleashed.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 122
Well, I started a new game just for the purpose of making an example. Used Worldbuilder to give me the Baron at turn one, thinking that would make it easy. Actually took me a long time to get a werewolf blooded, and of course it worked the way it was supposed to. Took another long while, and finally, a ravenous elephant that went wandering into the wilderness was attacked by something and blooded itself. I moved it into Torrolerial to make sure it'd be safe for you to look at. Something like 11 experience, but can only forfeit promotions.

Attachments

• Temp.CivBeyondSwordSave
    314.9 KB · Views: 35
Hello, I also have a problem with the Sidar cities' mist. I've seen that some spells can be used to get rid of it, but I play Mechanos, so it isn't an option. So I've to develop technologies and gain at least 2 levels (combat III is needed) to gain 2 promotions (sentry I and II) who are rather useless in any other case to attack a city defended by crossbowmen with my Goliath, Lenora and other flying units seems rather far fetched and probably not in the AI capacities.

I've seen old posts who suggests that magic resist should count as +1 Perception because the mist is a magic illusion (Magic Immunity should count as +5 Perception or greater if I follow this logic). It's interesting but we should find a solution who suppress the near immunity of the Sidars against the AI without killing the usefulness of this spell. So I suggest that the Perception level necessary to attack a city lower every turn an ennemy army is in adjacente square or directly cost money. So this capacity will be useful against raids, but not against sieges. Dispel Magic could also be useful.

I've bought Blessed Armor (melee) and High quality weapons for my Goliath. I think it's a bug.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0455.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Top Bottom