Final Fixes Reborn

I tried in Revision 152 (the one I had until 30 minutes ago), and now I've updated to R155 and still no crash.
Classical leader, emergent leader, customized game, game with default options, french language, english language.
I'm out of ideas to reproduce the crash :(

If R155 does not fix your problem, could you please send the content of the folder \Users\You\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs?

PS: At least, every time you have a CTD, black imperator solves a bug (possibly unrelated but real)

I have a question. Is there a way to make it so only a human player can play the Scion of Patria by default in the restrict random civilizations option like how The Legion of D'tesh is set to human players only? I play online a lot and it says that it will cause OOS issues, but I would really like it if the Scions would not be picked when we set the civilizations in the game to be randomly selected.

Also does this mod use the More Naval AI mod, is it something we need to install manually, or does this mod have components of that mod added in it by default?

for the first question, you can go into the Asset/XML/Civilizations folder, open the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml ,find the scions and change the line <bAIPlayable>1</bAIPlayable> to <bAIPlayable>0</bAIPlayable>.

for naval AI, we have a few of the very early components of the mod, but no more currently. They aren't directly compatible so you cannot install both in the same folder and have it work. We may be merging some of Tholal's work at some point. Not sure when i'll have time to look into it, it'd be a long work

edit: BI's answer didn't appear until this morning on my pc. probably a cache problem. At least, it's the same advice twice ;)

I have a question. Is there a way to make it so only a human player can play the Scion of Patria by default in the restrict random civilizations option like how The Legion of D'tesh is set to human players only? I play online a lot and it says that it will cause OOS issues, but I would really like it if the Scions would not be picked when we set the civilizations in the game to be randomly selected.
Hello, here is what I suggest (I didn't test myself but I'm pretty sure it will work):
Before your next multiplayer game, all players should do the following
1)open this file :
...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Ashes of Erebus\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
2) Find CIVILIZATION_SCIONS (around line 4604)
Ten lines below, you'll see <bAIPlayable>1</bAIPlayable>
3) Change to <bAIPlayable>0</bAIPlayable>
4) save
5) play the game
6) report the success (or failure) of the method here

Also does this mod use the More Naval AI mod, is it something we need to install manually, or does this mod have components of that mod added in it by default?
I "think" a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, RifE developers included a part of MNAI in the mod.
I don't think installing mnai manually could ever work. Too many changes were made between FFH and RifE, and lots more between RifE and AoE.

I just noticed I forgot to mention that me and a friend can not play online with the SNV version for some reason. Like it works fine with the base version, but with the SNV version we can not see each others lobbies when one of us hosts a game.

Are you sure you have the same revision for the svn version ? (you should both do an update before trying to play together)

yeah. First time we tried it we both had the same version, but after that I just send him my SNV version file (the whole mod file) and it still did not work.

I'm getting a crash on end of turn on this save. Been getting tons of crashes this game, seems adding to top of build queue and cancelling unit orders helps, but it doesn't on this save.
I'm using SVN rev 164.

Also I had some problems with an event spawning a barbarian shadow. Not a bug it just seems horribly unbalanced, I've had these spawning early every game going on a rampage killing off everyone. I worldbuilder it out whenever I know of it. It is EVENT_PRINCESS_RULE choice 5 (more events) that spawns it. I will probably just change the unit that spawns from it on my own game.

Attachments

• Matt Turn_0166DovielloAOE.CivBeyondSwordSave
    310.5 KB · Views: 40
Is there a new version out? Because I can't see an on the first page but you guys are all talking about revisons and playing the frozen?

Oops, forgot to update the 1st post for the beta version.

The last "stable" version is still the one from last November (2014)
But Black Imperator and I continue bringing changes to the code on a frequent basis. That's the "unstable" version.

We want to have about 10 emergent leaders functional in order to replace the stable version with a new one. (--> update in a few weeks)

Hi, I've recently downloaded AoE, and I feel like I had some odd error with the download, or have the wrong version, as my game seems to be riddled with issues.
To name a few, many icons (such as happiness/unhappiness/health/sickness) are missing, many spells primarily items, innate spells and world spells are not working, most splash art is missing, and text is oddly misplaced and some words are bolded, causing the text to be too large. Also infernals and mecurians are available to play from the beginning.

Do I somehow have a incorrect version, or am I missing something? I have version 14.11 installed.

Thanks, and sorry if this is a little pushy, I just really want to play the game

Edit: I've downloaded and tried RiFE 1.4 with no mods installed, and I get the same errors, I suppose its something on my end then, do you need the base civ 4 installed as well as BTS?

Yea its fully updated, and the issues only appear when running any form of RiFE (RiFE/AoE/RaL), and while the game is playable, its not really the same.

Do you have the steam version or another one ? for the steam version, you must remember not to use the normal update but the "original unsupported version" through the Beta tab of your game properties in the steam library

Hi,
Several people had the same problem in the past, and each of them finally acknowledged (sometimes reluctantly they had forgotten something while installing.)
I think only 1 had a reaaaally low-end machine, which caused other problems.
Hence the basic 1st question :p
1) Are you really sure you followed each step of the install procedure described in the 1st post?
If yes,
2) What is the path of the game on you PC?
3) Can you show a screenshot of the visual problems?
4) What are your specs?

Sorry my bad, I had originally put the steam BTS to original release, but I had redownloaded when I accidentally deleted a bunch of files during my installation, and it reverted back to the other thing :lol:

Thanks, all good now.

Top Bottom