Final Fixes Reborn

Basically I am asking because for the longest time I've had this idea of having a faction that does not use cavalry and instead treats the scout line as a sort of "skirmish" line that relies on retreat chances and defensive strikes to cover for the melee units. But I am not convinced any more that would be a functional idea mechanically.

Quick question: is Final Fixes Reborn meant to be played on original release? I believe that when I initially downloaded it, it was, but I am not sure if this is still the case

I hope that when you say it still is that does not mean you intend to break that. I still own an original CD copy and would very much like to keep playing this mod using it. And I am sure there are plenty like me.

Crashes on reloading an autosave, logs attached.

Attachments

• catalogCiv4BeyondSword203908372.zip
    182 KB · Views: 157
Accidentally found that my favorite mod is alive!
Thanks guys for your brilliant work!

Played and enjoyed v. 14.11 then updated via SVN to revision 301.
Playing for Grigori the first things I noticed: the spell/ability "Hunter's Prize" is not working when it worked before. Has smth changed? (haven't found a clou in revisions archive).
In Pedia "Hunter's Prize" is stated to have the requirement "Tame". The latter has its page, but has no infos where it should come from. Also incidentally it is not mentioned neither in "Promotions" nor in "Spells and abilities" lists.

Thanks in advance for an answer!

I don't have the latest code on hand, but Tame is an effect promotion ( ie a hidden one), that should be given automatically to any captured animal/beast. it's mostly used as a requirement for stuff that can be done with animals, (Hunter's prize being an example)

Thanks for the prompt reaction!
Well, it seems this mechanics is not working presently at least in my case.
Another problem: Hunters cann't enter not already visible squares even after being promoted for better perception: griffon blood, raptor blood.

that's interestingly weird. For hunter's prize, no other issue with spells in your current game ?
for the other issue, what promotions do your hunters have ? i remember one or two promotions blocking exploration, but there's no reason you should get one during normal play ( they usually come as part of other mechanics)

It seems that hunters just dont see cells around themselves.
Another thing: the "selfquests" from forts - now the units sent on such quest do not move randomly but just stay in place.
I attach the file if this helps.

Attachments

• Master Turn_0112.CivBeyondSwordSave
    667.9 KB · Views: 165
Good news.
It seems that the reported problems were due to me updating the existing Ashes of Erebus installation via SVN to rev.301 (smth apparently went wrong there).
Now I made a new SVN update (rev 301) into an empty Ashes of Erebus folder... And "Hunter's Prize" is working again!
Sorry about confusion.
And thanks again for your dedication to the mod.

Dump files from various crashes.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.18528.zip
    142 KB · Views: 71
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.18528.zip
    142 KB · Views: 150
Hi guys, I have a xml problem with AoE. So, I've got steam version of CIV BTS installed, I've checked 'original release' in the steam options and then installed according to the SVN instruction. My AoE patch is D:\Games\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Ashes of Erebus
Tortoise SVN installation of the mod went ok and the mod actually starts but when I try to generate a new map (or sometimes when I run the mod, just before the main screen) I've got a couple of xml errors related to promotionInfos.xml. The first is:

'Tag:pROMOTION_CHAIN_OF_COMMAND info class was incorrect. Current XMP file is: xml\units/civ4Promotioninfos.xml.'

After clicking OK I've got another one

'Index is -1 inside function
Current XMP file is: xml\units/civ4Promotioninfos.xml.'

And then another one...

Sometimes game crashes during loading/generating a first map. Sometimes not. It does not matter if I am running the game from BTS exe or the AoElauncher.

Just wanted to add that all diplomacy options are gone, all text just dissapeared: when I want to talk with some civ I've got only the menu with civ image and no text at all.
Also, I can see that in the module manager within AoE launcher, 2 active modules are in conflict. There are bannor chain of command and Greatest People. Those modules are active by default after installation.
My question is: are instuctions posted on the first page still accurate? Because I've reinstalled the game and mod and there was no improvement.

I recently played as the Cualli for the first time in a long time, using the latest SVN revision.

A few thoughts and suggestions:

1) I know the Cualli are primarily designed as a defensive civ, with the automatic terraforming, jungle combat bonuses, etc., but I think they could use a unit that can do a +20:culture: to pacify a conquered city. One possibility would be a new Tier 1 Disciple Unit, maybe called Disciple of Agruonn, with this ability. Alternatively, instead of creating a new unit maybe Priests of Agruonn could be given this ability, to make it somewhat more costly.

I remember @black_imperator saying that he wasn't thrilled with the +20:culture: ability, so if you get rid of that for other Tier 1 Disciple Units, then this issue goes away.

2) Priests of Agruonn can't upgrade to Eidolons, Druids, or Paladins. (I know the Cualli start as Evil and even with Broader Alignments on are unlikely to become Neutral, let alone Good, but on principle all three upgrade paths should be available if one is available.) Unrelated to the Cualli, but the same is true of Priests of Winter.

Maybe there's a reason that these units don't get the same upgrade path that other Priests do, but it's obviously inconsistent.

3) Because the Cualli can't research religious techs and build temples, they're weak culturally and perhaps could use some new culture buildings, the way the Grigori got some new culture buildings compared to base FfH2. One thing that comes to mind is something like a Temple of Agruonn, costing the same as other temples (120:hammers:, IIRC), and giving +20%:culture:, maybe available at Philosophy or Way of the Wicked.

I can't really think of others offhand, but you get the idea.

On another note, is there a way to get rid of Mist permanently? I was i a war with the Sidar and was able to use Gust of Wind to remove Mist, but that's only temporary. Even after I conquered Sidar territory, the Mist would come back. Is Dispel Magic necessary?

Just wanted to add that all diplomacy options are gone, all text just dissapeared: when I want to talk with some civ I've got only the menu with civ image and no text at all.
Also, I can see that in the module manager within AoE launcher, 2 active modules are in conflict. There are bannor chain of command and Greatest People. Those modules are active by default after installation.
My question is: are instuctions posted on the first page still accurate? Because I've reinstalled the game and mod and there was no improvement.

I have the same problem than you with the diplomacy texts. It is certainly caused by a failure loading some of the python files. Do you sometimes encounter other bugs linked to python failures (e.g. Aeron's Chosen event triggered on a warrior or even a worker instead of an assassin, map not generated properly, no interface, etc.)? It seems that the problem is related to the computer (@black_imperator told me he never had these bugs, and I also tried reinstalling the game without any improvement ingame), so it is difficult to solve. Until it is fixed, the only advice I can give you is to relaunch the mod until the diplomacy texts work.

I noticed today that you've gotten rid of the Dexterous Trait for the Ljosalfar while keeping the Sinister Trait for the Svartalfar and I'm curious as to why. I thought it was a nice way to differentiate the two Elven civs, with one being better at Recon and the other better at Archery, and would advocate bringing it back. Is there something else planned for the Ljosalfar instead?

Top Bottom