Final Fixes Reborn

1)Yeah, the civ is wholly unbalanced at the moment, overpowered in the hands of a player and very underpowered in the hands of the AI due to the randomness. I have a plan to rework them bu haven't got to it ( Ideally, i'd like someone to handle it for me, like Alsark did with the Chislev)

Just curious about what you might be thinking for the Jotnar. I enjoyed their original implementation in Fall Further, given how differently they played from other civs, although I suspect those differences made them very difficult for the AI to play well.

And I realize that a hard population cap of 8 per city is a somewhat brute-force way to implement the idea that cities inhabited by giants shouldn't be too crowded. Because they could work only the first ring, the downside was it forced you to build cities close together, which doesn't seem to make much sense for giants. I think the RifE team changed it to lift the population cap but have each population point consume 3 (or 4?) food. And maybe they made the cities Sprawling, too, able to work three rings? I forget now.

Anyway, a lot of different directions that a giant civ could take: population caps combined with three rings combined with more food to support the population, for one. I don't know. Good luck in whatever you end up doing. I'm not close to being a programmer, so all I can offer are suggestions.

I enjoy the new Version content wise, but there are still way too many crashes when starting a new,- or loading a game. Also it seems that some of the saves are broken when you try to load them and game crashes, that ´s a real pain :-(. Kinda trying to solve it with deleting the cache when this happens but it only seems to help a bit, if you plan to start a new game. :-(

I enjoy the new Version content wise, but there are still way too many crashes when starting a new,- or loading a game. Also it seems that some of the saves are broken when you try to load them and game crashes, that ´s a real pain :-(. Kinda trying to solve it with deleting the cache when this happens but it only seems to help a bit, if you plan to start a new game. :-(
It's indeed the main issue, one i'm currently ill-equipped to deal with... From what i can gather from the dumps and the few times it happened to me ( it's a 1/10 , 1/20 thing for me, for some reason), it seems to be caused by the game trying to access a part of the memory it's not allowed to. Since it's not map-size related, it's not that the game requires too much memory, just that some part of the code tries to access something it shouldn't.

Due to the fact that it's seemingly random (and with low odds on my end), i haven't been able to pinpoint an exact revision where it actually started, which would help narrow down the cause. Due to general timing, one possibility is that it started to happen when i moved to Win10 to compile the dll. Another is of course that a specific line of code is at fault, but none of the data i've gathered have helped with finding which one.

It's indeed the main issue, one i'm currently ill-equipped to deal with... From what i can gather from the dumps and the few times it happened to me ( it's a 1/10 , 1/20 thing for me, for some reason), it seems to be caused by the game trying to access a part of the memory it's not allowed to. Since it's not map-size related, it's not that the game requires too much memory, just that some part of the code tries to access something it shouldn't.

Due to the fact that it's seemingly random (and with low odds on my end), i haven't been able to pinpoint an exact revision where it actually started, which would help narrow down the cause. Due to general timing, one possibility is that it started to happen when i moved to Win10 to compile the dll. Another is of course that a specific line of code is at fault, but none of the data i've gathered have helped with finding which one.

Wish I could help, the last two days I wasn ´t even able to load a game for 30+ mins, it always broke up at 20%. This issue occurs mostly when you restart AOE while it crashed, or just starting the game, when you are already ingame you got less crashes while loading.

So I remembered someone gave me the hint to not load the save games about title screen but instead use module manager to load saves (last regular save). I tried this and still got some crashes but not so many and mostly I got over the critical 20% loading screen while do so.

I hope you might be able to find the error Black, i wish you good luck :).

I just finished a game with the Malakim right now, it was stable I just got problems when starting the game and loading a savefile, as said it ´s better chances to load the savegame with module manager to get it started to avoid crashes.

I noticed a change, that the diplomacy is very dynamic right now, vasalls , peace and war change very often, so it ´s kinda hard to have a dominion victory. Is that fast changing diplomacy working as intended or a bug?

Is there a chance to get the old maps like Lakes back? I tried sometimes to start a game with it, but it seems they are not compatible anymore.

Just played all day long yesterday the last version (svn rev.348). It is stable!! Even Kuriotates are my neighbors, and no glitches atm. Thank you for polishing this gem!!! Would love to see even deeper dependencies on the map/promos conditions.

This time I wanted to make the evil Illians start being good ones. Still no advance =) They keep being evil lol.

Just played all day long yesterday the last version (svn rev.348). It is stable!! Even Kuriotates are my neighbors, and no glitches atm. Thank you for polishing this gem!!! Would love to see even deeper dependencies on the map/promos conditions.

This time I wanted to make the evil Illians start being good ones. Still no advance =) They keep being evil lol.

Auric is a hopeless case, he ´s a fanatic and at least when he follows the white hand order he ´s becoming a troublesome warmonger. But Raitlor can be sweet...sometimes, dunno her background but she seems more open minded for diplomacy ;-).

Auric is a hopeless case, he ´s a fanatic and at least when he follows the white hand order he ´s becoming a troublesome warmonger. But Raitlor can be sweet...sometimes, dunno her background but she seems more open minded for diplomacy ;-).

Yeah, whenever i get to making her Emergent trait, the goal is to embody her version of the Illians as less authoritharian, and more open to the rest of the world.

Yeah, whenever i get to making her Emergent trait, the goal is to embody her version of the Illians as less authoritharian, and more open to the rest of the world.

The Elohim would for sure appreciate that and adore her for having this vision, +6 to like on diplomacy guaranteed :goodjob:.
But I feel there might be trouble when she ´s chosing the white hand religion over order, kilmorph or honor religions :lol:

By the way this time I noticed that the Challenge: End of winter ceased to work properly since the rev.348. The world is born not cold, but normal.

The last option in Own game setup doesn't have a description either.

Edit, Dear Black, you are doing a great job!!! My feedback is totally positive, love your work and art!

Last edited:
By the way this time I noticed that the Challenge: End of winter ceased to work properly since the rev.348. The world is born not cold, but normal.

Edit, Dear Black, you are doing a great job!!! My feedback is totally positive, love your work and art!

End of Winter seems to be working properly in Revision 350, at least in my most recent game.

Afaik, there is only more tundra, glacial and ice on the North-Soutpole locations when enabling this option so you might not notice a big effect at all. The middle of the map keeps coldfree area ;-)

I have a question in regard to the D'tesh. The in game wiki says that their workers can build the regular improvements like cottages and stuff but apparently they can't. Is this correct?

Also what else can't they build? Like, can they make lumbermills?

I have a question in regard to the D'tesh. The in game wiki says that their workers can build the regular improvements like cottages and stuff but apparently they can't. Is this correct?

Also what else can't they build? Like, can they make lumbermills?

As far as I remember they can only build pyres on resscources (that give bonus to science), cottages, forts and mana notes. As D´tesh don ´t need food this civ focus on production and commerce, combined with the tile bonus I don ´t think you need mills or something else. If you really want to build other staff you can trick it, when building up elephant workers. As far as I remember they are not undead and can still build all the regular staff, When it not got fixed with the last revision. Dunno if it is a bug and I dunno if it is a nerf that they´re limited with their regular workers. Anyway this civ is still very OP imho but fun to play, even with the science and great person malus and the lack of founding a religion.

Enjoying the game so much! The Malakim in the description are promised to be able to build some kind of cottage and a farm in one thing (where it says that cottage spammers will like that). Have not found that improvement either.

What shall we be waiting for in the next update? :yumyum:

Enjoying the game so much! The Malakim in the description are promised to be able to build some kind of cottage and a farm in one thing (where it says that cottage spammers will like that). Have not found that improvement either.

What shall we be waiting for in the next update? :yumyum:
Do you mean the bedouin camp ?

As for next update, in addition to hopefully lessen the stability issues, the highlights is a rework of invisibility.

Top Bottom