Firaxis Livestream tomorrow, Wednesday Sept 7th at 4pm ET: Let's Play Religion

Anyone else who find it strange how 100 - 5 + 5 + 2 adds up to 101? :lol:

Some incorrect rounding is in place :)

My guess is - since penalties for being damaged are calculated as -1 for each 10HP lost, this value is internally isn't round, i.e. 5.5 for 55 damage. Different parts of the UI could round it differently. Usual small issue, hope for it to be ironed out soon.

Non inhospitable.... Would you settle there ? The City placement was trash. I don't really care about potential roadblocks. 95% you lose what, 1 units turn. If there was one less mountain Tile surround that city it wouldn't have been a problem. They didnt go go back to the apostle on the next turn, maybe the builder would have moved. The one tile that is not a mountain or an improved Hex could be a improvable tile and therefore extremely likely that is where the builder goes next.

The city state is going to be Under powered so to speak. I have never seen a city state with that few workable tiles that late in its growth. You can tell just by comparing the cultural borders. The situation almost seem staged with a modified map to add drama. I dont really care about things that happen not even 1% of the time.
There is no way Civ6 is going to be worse for body blocking than Civ5 because anything you can't kill dies on its own. If they are builders, sitting just chilling, with workable tiles around i will be surprised. If you get missionary spam, just kill them. I don't see the problem with the way it is outside of the occasional interrupted pathing. I had more issues with worker interrupting pathing running routes, at least that won't happen as much anymore :)

Some incorrect rounding is in place :)

My guess is - since penalties for being damaged are calculated as -1 for each 10HP lost, this value is internally isn't round, i.e. 5.5 for 55 damage. Different parts of the UI could round it differently. Usual small issue, hope for it to be ironed out soon.

Probably that is the case, but it would be easier if the penalties for lost hp was also shown on the list.

Probably that is the case, but it would be easier if the penalties for lost hp was also shown on the list.

Yes, they are shown, they are just rounded incorrectly.

Is it an actual Parthenon t?, idk myself but if not and this is just an idea it probably belongs as a Belief. I do like the idea considering you have to wait to get the rewards but it is really powerful which tapers off as you proceed through the game. Maybe @50%-75% effectiveness would be pretty cool and switching it to a belief. So you get it roughly midgame and is strong compared to Military units but then becomes useless. in Endgame....similar to GPP, which presumably becomes useless after you found a religion :cry: Sort of maximising the Peak at the expense of consistent rewards

Nah, it is only Harsh because it a Surprise War. Once you get Casus Belli's it would be a lot easier to go to war, as long as you have a good reason. Also if they Denounced them previously the Warmongering penalty is also reduced. In the stream they did mention to "not do this at home", implying that you wouldn't do it. China was neutral with them and Spain just back-stabbed them for no reason. Also the surprise War Penalties are lot more forgiving early in the game. Once you get to Medieval Era, you kind of need a reason to go to war, which is brought in by the Casus Belli. I feel this system is going to more forgiving (diplomacy wise) for War than Civ5.

Yeah, I finally got around to watching the Livestream, and I saw that their original intent was to wait until they researched the civic that gives Casus Belli choices. Then they could declare a Liberation war against China and liberate Teddy's cities to repair their damaged reputation with him (from settling too close earlier). But they were running out of time for the Livestream and decided, screw it, we're going to declare a Surprise war anyway.

As a side note, maybe they wouldn't have run out of time if they hadn't randomly decided to show off the day/night cycling in the middle of showing us the tooltips for Missionaries, Apostles, and Inquisitors. NOTE: I guess it wasn't random since they had a Wonder video pop up at the time. But they could focus a little more. It was like shopping with my wife: we go to the store for 1 item and wind up spending an hour browsing at all kinds of other crap we don't need :mad:

The same applies if the bonus would be defined as X tiles from capital. But I agree that a requirement that the starting location must be at least X tiles from other continents is fine as well. You can move the settler and still settle at the continent border but at least it requires some effort and a delayed start and you can be stopped by barbs.

For me the Spain bonus is about trading with overseas colonies. That should mean with far away lands, not with the next city. The same holds for the redcoats. Why should they have bonus 1 hex to W and not 1 hex to E?
The Europa/Asia is exactly the great example. I believe people living there completely ignore the imaginary line and live exactly the same on both sides of the border. It's not like trading in the Asian part is much better than in the European part.

Continental bonuses should only apply to continents that are not adjacent to the cities / capitals continent. That would be the easy fix for this problem.

Yeah, agree i wasn't really impressed with the lack of turns. They did show off some cool stuff though. I personally would have preferred to watch more of the Norway playthrough. NO Beserkers :( Honestly it felt very structured in both games, with a discrete list of things to show off, which is understandable i suppose, but not as enjoyable to watch.

dudikoff: That would imply that smaller maps are 'bad' for Civs with traits dealing with other continents.

This is not a solution.

Yeah, agree i wasn't really impressed with the lack of turns. They did show off some cool stuff though. I personally would have preferred to watch more of the Norway playthrough. NO Beserkers :( Honestly it felt very structured in both games, with a discrete list of things to show off, which is understandable i suppose, but not as enjoyable to watch.

I'm guessing this was Ed's proverbial ankle bracelet.

They should redo the live stream, properly focusing on religion and don't stray to other topics.
Pretty disappointed on this. Not much information can be gathered either from the tooltips.

We're yet to see so many religion-related stuff, like Inquisitor unit, Missions improvement, Kurgan improvement, Stepwell unit, India UA, Kongo UA etc..
I expected them to cover that but turns out they didn't.

Top Bottom