Firaxis Livestream - Wednesday Aug 3 at 1pm PT (4pm ET/10pm CET)

I didn't see the whole video, was there any discussion of amenities and how they work, also any more mechanic details found? For example, science/pop mechanics? Also, any indication of National Wonders at all?

I'm willing to bet $5 National Wonder abilities have mostly been replaced by Policies one can get via Civics.

I hope so, since National Wonders always felt more like a punishment/restriction than like something enabling.

I've seen multiple videos now where people show the amenities modifiers before collecting any luxes, but frustratingly nobody thinks to take a look at it afterward. I am pretty sure in BAStartGaming's video his Amenities remains unchanged even after collecting 2 sources of Diamonds. But it could very well be that a penalty increase along with some bonus I never got to see.

Luxuries and districts are two different things on the map. Unless perhaps you need a certain district (like entertainment) before you can receive ANY amenities. And if luxes and the entertainment district tie together somehow.

I doubt this is the case as this would require an entertainment district in every city just to have even 1 point of bonus.

It seemed as if amenities had an area effect. A district could provide bonuses to multiple cities based on proximity

Luxuries and districts are two different things on the map. Unless perhaps you need a certain district (like entertainment) before you can receive ANY amenities. And if luxes and the entertainment district tie together somehow.

I doubt this is the case as this would require an entertainment district in every city just to have even 1 point of bonus.

Well.... actually.. it's possible that each luxury has a range of effect. If more cities fall within that range they all benefit from it if it's improved.

Which civ/thing boosts the range effect of mines? There's something like that in regards to boost and effect area, it's possible that's how amenities are determined.

In addition. you can trade and get more luxuries even if you already have it, in many cases I saw that you could ask to get Wine and trade it aswell in Trading Deal.

Yeah, they could have a radius; we just don't know.

I think it would be cool if they had a radius and that radius came from the city center of the city that improved it. And if you could send resources along trade routes to move your amenities bonuses around.

BTW, I am not sure that Brazil is all that good at religion.

Sure, they got a great start producing Faith, but how does that translate to getting Great Prophet Points? Did they Patronize the Great Prophet with Faith?

Pedro's ULA is a return on investment of great person points and you can also purchase great people with either gold or faith. I think he'll do alright if he can get a system that cranks out faith.

Pedro's ULA is a return on investment of great person points and you can also purchase great people with either gold or faith. I think he'll do alright if he can get a system that cranks out faith.

He got lucky with Brazil, he got +4 adjaceney bonus early on and another huge bonus (Because adjacent to Natural wonder and another 2 rainforests).

I suspect Pedro's leader ability is comparable to the Swedish UA and Indonesian UB in Civ V, in that it synergizes well with religion but doesn't do anything to help you get that first great prophet.

So per BAStartGaming on YouTube; in his part 4 of his American play through, at approximately 3:53 he shows the victory options available... Diplo is out and Religion is in. I don't know if anyone has noted this seeing as I just now am getting around to watching these videos.

So did they not discuss/show apostles in this stream or what? They make an appearance in the PC Gamer video. Icon's a winged foot or something.

Victoria's agenda is "Sun Never Sets" - she wants a city on every continent. Seems to display hostility against members of a continent she hasn't yet settled.

Well.... actually.. it's possible that each luxury has a range of effect. If more cities fall within that range they all benefit from it if it's improved.

My guess would be that its isn't a range of effect but instead for the city that gains it and then any city that is connected by road or maybe only during trade route. That would make more sense to me as a system and would be easier to read than have to stop and tile count it (something they got rid of for settlers).

I cant believe that they suffered unit traffic jam annoyances with just two cities in a demo (which they probably rehearsed). And they still haven't solved the most annoying problem that 1UPT created.

Really disappointed that the no stacking of civilian units is still in place. It was one of the greatest pains of Civ5, and it seems even less meaningful now that you don't have masses of workers to protect anymore. I had really hoped the "No more civilian traffic jam" mod had shown the way. :(

Top Bottom