[BTS] First Deity Win!!!

Fish Man

Emperor
I got my first deity win with Mr. Quecha Cheese of the OP Empire!!! :woohoo:

The map I played with was almost as broken as the civ itself; NC 98. I started by quecha rushing and choking the Mongols, having disposed of them by turn 60. I was ahead in tech for the entire game from about that time onwards, as I had space for 10-11 good cities and being financial/having a crappton of river tiles meant I raked in the commerce. My tech rate was so good that at 100% I was researching math, etc. in 3 turns easily. Something that really helped was my Tiwanaku gambit: I somewhat forward-settled Mehmed but deemed it worth the risk and cost because the site had wheat, sheep, and grassland rivers galore. Barbs were no problem either with quechas.

I bulbed and teched my way to cuirs, but didn't hard-build them; rather, I used the music GA to start a GA before switching to caste + pacifism and pumping out a GS and GM. The GS was used to 3/4 bulb edu; the GM to get 1500 gold to upgrade some pre-built elephants into cuirs. By the time I attacked, in about 350 AD, poor Mehmed who was fighting a war on three fronts didn't even have feudalism yet. I had to bribe JC off him but otherwise it was a quick cap. JC himself was next. He had a 30-unit megastack but I used Istanbul as bait to lure it out before massacring it with cuirs. I nearly miscalculated but in the end I had just enough units to convince him to give in, meanwhile being the first to communism due to the unusually commerce-rich start and frequency of wars on this map.

Just as I was finishing rifling...Boudicca declared...and marched her stack right into a bunch of fortified Ottoman units on a hill, taking heavy losses. And then she had to deal with my newly-upgraded 2 dozen or so cavalries. Great job warrior queen...after causing a revolt in Bibracte and then taking it and some other cities she caved too. Darius has steel, didn't matter though because cavalry >>>>> cannons.

I could've ended the game right there, but I wanted to finish in style :crazyeye:, so I decided to go for a space win instead of taking like 2 cities and then capping backwards Japan next. My research rate was somewhat slow because I had to liberate some constantly revolting outlying cities, had to deal with revolts by building culture and units, and since I was afraid of settling the other continent for fear of tripping the domination limit (though I still broke 4000bpt in the end and neared 30 cities). So I did something that was normally impractical in lower levels: vassal-aided research! I myself went electricity -> assembly line -> plastic for Three Gorges -> fusion -> genetics -> composites. My bro JC got railroad, fission, and ecology for me. Techer Darius handled radio, corporation, and satellites; Mehmed got biology, medicine, refrigeration. As for Boudicca...she was trading with Toku still, so I didn't dare give her anything, and besides she was far too behind.

I won t247, much faster than I expected. For laughs, I built an army and Manhattan Project the last 10 turns and capped Japan t249, but not before nuking them twice, as is custom. Overall, a very fun and interesting game! Perhaps I could try a less completely broken civ next time and in the meantime stop relying on dumb luck (I captured Karakorum with 3.6% combat odds...).

PS: the leader was named after someone who used to be, and still remains in some respects, very near and dear to my heart <3.

Attachments

• Toy AD-1695 AFTER.CivBeyondSwordSave
    398.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 20180621214720_1.jpg
    20180621214720_1.jpg
    853.1 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Congratulations brah. Well played. Pretty evil though to nuke the poor Tokugawa twice.

Hey, it happened in real life so it's gotta happen here, too.

Besides, Toku refused to open borders all game. So vassaling him was the only way to get him to open the country, and stop having it be closed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Top Bottom