• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

football thread No11

I'm ready! That RBK game rekindled some hope but tbf RBK has been crap too this year so it's not worth all that much. But another 3 pointer would be sweet and get some much needed wind in our sails again. Too many lacklustre performances, and too thin a line-up this year for much optimism though. But maaaaybe. Get ready to a real sh**show coming your way Sunday if we win! :D

What a stupid red card to take 🤡

Did you get the chance to watch? I had to work.

Getting there, thanks for asking!

Took my moon boot off this week. The achilles has reattached. But it's 'short' so I can barely flex my ankle. This was expected, but means I now have a limp and am exhausted within an hour. Now ahead of me is a long (year ish) of recovery to stretch and strengthen it out carefully.

Sounds like fun… But nice to be out of the boot I guess. This is the ultimate horror injury. Best of luck in your recovery 👍🏻

What a stupid red card to take 🤡

Did you get the chance to watch? I had to work.
Yeah saw it. Was TIL this year in a nutshell, even with the early red and the game on a silver plate, we simply don't score on our chances. FFK defended well with one man down.

Rematch Wednesday.

Leeds United lost in a pathetic game. Another season ahead in the Championship, I wonder what our retention of young talent will be this summer. I imagine a lot will get poached.

Yeah saw it. Was TIL this year in a nutshell, even with the early red and the game on a silver plate, we simply don't score on our chances. FFK defended well with one man down.

Rematch Wednesday.

Meh, happy to help a friend in dire straits. That said, I did not expect a blowout. Regression to the mean for us I guess. Best of luck for the rest of the season 🙂

And finally a quote from Rekdal that echoes my sentiments right now: ‘I gidd ikkje å dra land og strand rundt for å bli pissa på’.

From 3rd place last year to bottom dweller this year? No chance that would be the case. My guess is you’ll finish in the top 6, not too far away from us.

On another note; are you guys loaded for CLF tomorrow?

Leeds United lost in a pathetic game. Another season ahead in the Championship, I wonder what our retention of young talent will be this summer. I imagine a lot will get poached.

I’m inclined to feel sorry for you now (Leeds and the achilles)…

If it gives you any comfort at all I may tell you that my best friend’s cat is named after your city 😎

Poor thing had to be put to sleep after a scratching accident where kids were involved.

From 3rd place last year to bottom dweller this year? No chance that would be the case. My guess is you’ll finish in the top 6, not too far away from us.

On another note; are you guys loaded for CLF tomorrow?
If current form persist, maybe. But after losing some key players after last season they've been consistently rubbish up until recently. We'll see.

I hope Dortmund takes it!

Dortmund FTW!*

* That would be insane after the exodus’ of Haaland (won last year) and Bellingham (on the opposite team this year).

My God what a player Bellingham is, been saying that for three straight years.

Leeds had no chance of promotion with a Finn in the roster.

Meanwhile City takes EPL again and Perez opened the box containing CL trophy which was prolly sent before Xmas to Madrid while the most interesting came from Germany & from Germans. Kane is cursed so Leverkusen took the title with style and the world is tuning into year 1 after Klopp.
I like purple so I had to buy the Pool's 3rd kit jersey the problem being of whom's. I didn't want to be like everyone else so I bought Gomez' shirt - most likely the only one in this country and soon after that he got a call from Southgate and now he's Germany with a real chance actually getting some action on the pitch.

Only few days before Euro24 which isn't held in some pinnacle of human rights country nor in every country in Europe which is excellent for a change. Too many teams participating for my liking but more matches to watch so I can live with it. I'm just wondering when will the first Euro games be played in Abu Dhabi or somewhere else nearby. FIFA WC seems like a lost cause by now and club WC in the US is just beyond belief. The only good thing from these is the renewed interest in live local 3rd tier football; not even the betting companies are (much) screwing that.

Anyone watching Euro 2024? The weekday matches are at 3:00pm here, so I won't be able to watch many of them live. I might make time to watch Spain-Croatia tomorrow at Noon, and then maybe Poland-Netherlands for breakfast on Sunday (9:00am here).

Watching & saving every game as usual - even with too many teams in the tournament it's about to become the most important event of the year. The state of the Olympics is just sad. Normal life resumes after 4 weeks.

Top Bottom