2 - UCiv
3 - WPC
4 - Apolyton
5 - RB
6 - Spaniards
7 - CP or CivFr
8 - CFC
9 - CivFr or CP

Now, if we have coast below us and we're all on a landmass surrounded by water, instead of being able to walk across the E-W and N-S wraps, then that would make this all a little less balanced, but that's what it's looking like right now. This would be good for us, though, as it would mean we've met every one of our neighbors.

Edit: Sorry, there must be an E-W land wrap or else the Germans could not have met Poly to their West. It still looks like coasts are blocking the N-S wrap, but I could be wrong.

Just a quick headsup. Scooter contacted me on gtalk and asked for WPC's email as it seems they still haven't fixed their contact info. I gave him the gmail to Provisorii, as I think it would have been very rude to say no. :)

Just a quick headsup. Scooter contacted me on gtalk and asked for WPC's email as it seems they still haven't fixed their contact info. I gave him the gmail to Provisorii, as I think it would have been very rude to say no. :)

In Civ3, you could have gotten money for trading contacts ;-)

If there is need for a translation into German, I can do it. But just translations, no creation of letters, as I am just a lurker and not really good at Civ4.

I was just reading the RB forums and came across this:

(RB PB8 Spoiler)
Spoiler :
Pindicator said:
Too bad we aren't using the Spanish mod, we could see how much gold he had

Is this true??? If so, then RB saw our gold go up when we lost SH to them, which kind of sucks.

Ok, I have confirmed this. Apparently we've been missing out. It's my fault really. I asked for access to our APT private portal awhile ago, but somehow missed this neat little graphs:

Gold graph (so RB did see we lost SH to them)
Spoiler :

Someone got almost to 200 gold!

Commerce (GNP) graph:
Spoiler :

And most scary one of all, Power graph:
Spoiler :

How does the Power graph differ from the Soldiers row in the Demographics?

Actually, looks pretty similar. I guess it's just scarier to see it in graph form, instead of just numbers on a spreadsheet. It does look like Soldiers are now over 70 on the graph, but have only reached 67 on the spreadsheet...

I was just reading the RB forums and came across this:

(RB PB8 Spoiler)
Spoiler :

Is this true??? If so, then RB saw our gold go up when we lost SH to them, which kind of sucks.

The slightly disturbing news you bring put aside, I find someone on RB stating this so ironic that I am at a loss of words considering how much opposition they had towards using the mod in the ISDG.

On the other hand it is good to see that they enjoy the mod after all :)

It is still early for me and maybe I'm still sleepy, but who are those MIN and MAX things? Someone specific or just someone somewhere in the world? You suspect this to be the Zulus?

The way things are going for us right now that yellow graph is probably the barbs.

LOL! Do barbs have separate powergraph?

OT: Joke aside, in one game (G&H - 1889 plays it too) out of a sudden I got few red faces and I was wondering why when I read: "we yearn to join our motherland!" and I was like: who the fcuk I took this city from? And then I realised it was barbarian big fat city and I guessed that at the north many cities were burned and a barbarian city must have spawned.

I was thinking we should get a response to RB. They asked us a couple specific questions on their last message, and I want to re-open border discussions with them. Here is a rough draft to get discussion started:

Scooter/RB,

Thanks for sharing the map speculation. That looks a lot like we were thinking, too. UCiv is West of WPC and Northwest of us. We're the first team that they met.

How are things going with WPC and the Germans? We seem to be getting along with most of our neighbors so far, though the Spaniards are rather enigmatic. If only we could open up diplomacy with the Barbs, but they're just not as cooperative! Have you guys seen anything stronger than Barb Warriors yet?

How have your scouting efforts have been going? Our eastern cities have been coming along nicely, and so we wanted to resume border talks with you as we start to look to the west. Have you been able to explore around the Oasis location we mentioned earlier?

Caledorn, on behalf of Team CFC

This is their last message to us:

Spoiler :
Caledorn/CFC,

Wanted to notify you that we have finally met WePlayCiv. Also, I did hear back from the German team finally. They said they are roughly to our north, and they have met Apolyton who is to their west. Our very basic guess on placement looks something like this:

oo1ooo2ooo3o
4ooo5ooo6ooo
oo7ooo8ooo9o

1 - Germans
2 - WPC
3 - Apolyton
5 - RB
8 - CFC
9 - Spanish Apolyton

How does that match up with what you guys have seen? The exact positioning is really rough and not completely confirmed, but that's our best guess at the moment. How are things going with UCiv? Learn anything interesting from them?

Thanks!
scooter - RB

Any comments on the above message?

There's definitely no rush to get this to RB, so I'm not trying to rush us along or anything. I'm just not sure if the silence means everyone is ok with the message, or nobody thinks we need to send anything to them quite yet.

I like very much the elegant way you raise the border negotiations again.

Scooter contacted me on Gtalk last night and asked if we had received the previous message from them. I apologized (and explained that I'm in a bit of a downperiod, which he said was no problem and gave me his best wishes) for forgetting to acknowledge it and said that we were working on a draft. In other words they are waiting for a message from us.

Thanks for taking the time to write the draft, Yossarian. It looks very good and elegant, and my opinion is that it does not need any modifications at all and can be sent (unless someone has objections or additional suggestions). :)

Looks real good to me as well.

Top Bottom