1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum migrated to xenforo!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Thunderfall, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

:thanx:

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

We cannot color highlight portions of code within [ CODE ] blocks.

For those of us in the various modding sub-communities this will make it much more difficult for us to show another person where their code errors are.

3. Zares

Zares Chieftain

Any plans for importing Civ related icons like culture, faith, food, etc? In the previous version of forum they were and I liked them :p

4. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

Ok so maybe I'm blind but how exactly do you change your custom title? I need to keep the hotline miami memes sorted neatly...

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Click on your forum name in the upper right and that should take you to your account where you can change your title.

6. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

From Personal Details, correct? Because if then, I'm not seeing anything there.

7. leif erikson

Yes, in Personal Details. There should be a field you can type in right below your avatar picture.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  8. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

nothing of the sort, I'm afraid

9. leif erikson

10. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Lucky you, I'm still completely missing the 'Personal details' and 'Signature'-Categories.
    The the right to edit my posts after more than 5 Minutes.

11. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

Who is this Thunderfall guy?

Spoiler :
    Nice change; I like it.

12. Troller0001

Troller0001 Not an actual Troll

To come back to this issue, me being online was in fact causing this behaviour. However, even after I've watched/clicked every single alert from the same thread, they stay there and fill up my alert-history, making finding specific threads quite difficult.

Another option in the alerts I would like is a 'bold text'-feature (or whatever you would call it). On the old forums, every 'subscribed' thread that had a new message in it was highlighted in bold in your 'my-account'-tab (which is practically your 'alerts' here). Once you visited that thread and read those messages, it wouldn't be bold again. (so pretty much like when you go to a main subforum and watch threads from there).

P.s. Still waiting for :c5influence:, :c5production:, :c5gold:, etc. smileys. We used those quite a lot in the 'Design subforum' :D

13. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

mmhh...this doesn't seem to completely work.
    I've quoted you twice and Pouakai once from the previous page, but after changing to the last page only your posts (so every post besides the last quoted one) showed up :confused:. Maybe need to test that a bit.

Great, works :).

Not only :/

14. The_J

I assume this option is next to "watch thread", where I don't see anything. Guess another permission issue.

One more permission issue:

15. zeta

zeta Mod Addict

Love the new site, BUT... Somehow only ads on CivFanatics are infecting my PC with malware when I hover over them. I get ovet 500 Adware Tracking Cookies and so my browser always pops some Pop-Under Ads. No other site does that.

16. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

It looks like there is lots to do to get things working smoothly. Take your time and do it right.

17. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

I'm kinda okay with the avatar of the thread starter next to the thread title, because it makes it a lot easier at a glance to find threads made by a specific user.

Also I mentioned that about user titles several pages back and nobody responded then :(

18. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

Er, I know this is hardly at the top of your list of priorities, but in my thread here, six key posts - specifically, ones where I split my Civ designs up by continent that really need to be on the first page - have been spread out over pages 2 and 3 of the thread. I think this is because they were added in after the fact by a mod (Rob RXF8T, if memory serves), so this might be the case elsewhere. If these could be restored to their places prior to the move, I would very much appreciate it.

19. The_J

Damn, and I thought I missed something when I checked one of my old threads.
    I can see this too, e.g. http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/modpack-list.444562/ where posts #12 and #13 should be #3 and #4. This will affect a big bunch of threads in the Civ4 C&C section, as well as probably some in Civ5.

20. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

The above has also been reported by @choxorn, in his Mafia/NotW Statistics thread. All the actual statistics are all over the place in the thread now :ack:

Guess a few sticky threads might need a bit of mod attention once the main stuff has been dealt with.