Forum migrated to xenforo!

I see that we can no longer download and archive PMs.

What about the PMs that were sorted into folders - did those make the transfer? What about the sent messages?

Not a priority but will multi language characters be supported in the future? For example for certain navies I had the proper titles in that countries language and now its just a bunch of numbers.

You mean right now it's not able to support non-English languages, or you mean in old posts from before the migration?

Test: 你好

Edit: Looks to work fine for new posts.

The youtube tags are broken.

This obviously doesn't fix old postings, but you can embed videos with the media tab-thingy in the post editor-thingy

Question for our admins: a year or two ago you were saying that we were on an old version of vBulletin and you were planning to change to a new one. Why did you change to xenforo instead of using a newer vBulletin?

Question for our admins: a year or two ago you were saying that we were on an old version of vBulletin and you were planning to change to a new one. Why did you change to xenforo instead of using a newer vBulletin?
vBulletin 5.x don't have good reviews.

vBulletin 5.x don't have good reviews.

To elaborate on Thunderfall's point: vBulletin has had a fall from grace and has taken a more social-media approach to its forum platform. It's difficult to remove the superfluous stuff from it as well as it's all built-in. Getting a license without any of the junk punishes you for doing so. The vBulletin you're used to (v3) is basically a completely different platform than the newer vBulletin (v5).

It sucks because I loved the older vBulletins and it sucks to see how it's evolved, but that's just the reality of it. In terms of self-hosted solutions that aren't exponentially costly in terms of resource use, Xenforo is one of the best as much I may hate to admit it. I don't like Xenforo, it's an awful, awful software, but it's one of the best self-hosted solutions out there right now. Invision Power Board has stagnated and is a massive hog, myBB requires extensive technical know-how for large communities and regularly runs into database issues, and phpBB suffers from the same stagnation problem as IPB.

In the civ3 - unit graphics forum across from Civ3 - Multi-Figure Units next to the date it says edil

The apostrophe symbol translates to&#8217. E.g. the contraction for I am translates to I&#8217m (typed as seen) I’m (actual example).

I now realise as I am typing this that quotation marks translate to “Text&#8221 so if this reads a little funny it is because I am limited on punctuation.

More smilies are imported! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 9.43.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 9.43.28 PM.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 270
Just wanted to say that I really like the new forum design. Takes some time getting used to but it seems to be much prettier.

That may be the case about the mobility, but personally, I'm not finding the new site very easy to use on my phone. Using a browser for regular activity beyond search is never fun in my experience. I'm feeling disheartened by this change. I've come here quite often for a long time now and have been a regular in this community. Now, I feel like I have woken up to find that everything about my home town has changed. There was no warning... No time to prepare. I went to bed living in Baltimore and woke up living in Timbuktu. I'm not saying that one is better, just that they are so different that the change is impactful.

I'm very... Disappointed!

I feel completely the same.

Just to note, I use a very old smartphone, and CivFanatics now joins The Guardian as pretty much the only websites that don't cause my browser to crash.

Top Bottom