Forum migrated to xenforo!

I'd love to be able to delete this post because it won't come out right, but Retired Mods can't do that yet...

well that one sure don't

but using the hyperlink thingy in the post editor I don't see a way to change the text

Is there a way to make hyperlinks, but have the text be something else than the web adress?
What has worked for me is to type the text you want into a post, copy the address of the link you want applied to that text, highlight the text, press the link button in the reply header, paste the link into the box that appears and click on insert.

This is a link
[URL="http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/forum-migrated-to-xenforo.576117/page-21#post-14489290"]This is a link[/URL]

I just added stuff manually, which seems to work

What has worked for me is to type the text you want into a post, copy the address of the link you want applied to that text, highlight the text, press the link button in the reply header, paste the link into the box that appears and click on insert.
That seems cumbersome. It should work normally, right? After all this isn't something that was only a vBulletin thing. It's supposed to work on all kinds of forums.

Will any of the admins have some time fairly soonish to adjust the Retired Moderator usergroup's permissions? We can't edit our posts past 5 minutes, and can't delete posts. It would be nice to have the badges back, too, please.

So I'm not sure what it's called now, but what used to be "public visitor message", and replies to them, do not allow more than 420 characters now, and there's a 30 second timer befor you can reply again, so this is very annoying

I'd like to have both these restrictions removed

I would really appreciate knowing if the BCC feature for Private Messages/Conversations will be supported. There are times when the same message needs to be sent to multiple people at the same time without any of them knowing who else is receiving that message.

I tried to go the Unit Database but got this...

CivFanatics Forums - Error

The requested page could not be found.

the :lol: smiley seems to be missing still

:goodjob: too.

What link you used?

Probably the standard one. As already pointed out, there are some problems with the permissions, and certain members (most often of a special user group) cannot access certain areas (downloads, galeries, editing signatures, their own profile, few things more I guess).

Don't forget about :cry: and :crazyeyes:! (and :c5influence:, :c5food: and such!)
ok, I'll stop asking for those smileys now ;)

A suggestion I'd like to make is to allow users to add .mp3's to their attachments. (would be handy when you want to share music for a custom civ for which you don't have a Youtube-link)

Don't forget about :cry: and :crazyeyes:! (and :c5influence:, :c5food: and such!)
The "civicons smileys" can be really useful so +1 to bring them back.

Also, didn't the old forum include an in-thread search? Or maybe it was another forum. Anyway, this can be a really handy feature when you know an information is in a thread but don't want to read the 50+ pages again. Some posts here can grow really big.

If you go to the top of the page, the Search box provides a "Search this thread only" option.

Thanks. I missed that one :hammer2:

Will take some time to get used to the new board.

I like that there's now a Like feature.
I'm a sucker for trophy systems
User avatars seem to be missing. Will those be restored? I liked my old Civ 3 avatar I've had for all these years

Top Bottom