Fox-04 -- The Prime Directive

Pindicator,

Hey there is no money in Star Trek so you wouldn't have to pay anything LOL... Funny I picked Communications since you have a BA in English. mmmm I remember Ruff Hi being an artist type so thought "Empath" would suit him. NamliaM likes to build so I thought he'd be great as an Engineer. Captain I can't reach the control panel I got too fat......(Scotty) and Geordi La Forge with the Cool vizor's. Sam Yeager just sounds like an Helmsman on board on one of England's fine ships of the 16-1700 hundreds maybe the "Defiant" which I believe actually existed. Of course old blood and guts Greyfox makes a great General/Captain. I like the Science post or Tactical since I love battle and battle formations.

People like Alexander/Napoleon were absolute geniuses in battle going up against superior numbers and beating them simply by special battle formations and maneuvers. Alexander took on 250000 Persians with 50000 men and won. So that's my favorite but have a real soft spot for Spock. At first I didn't like SNG but it grew on me especially Picard. Really missed the Vulcan element in the beginning.

@Comsic: its TNG I believe, not SNG. :lol: And there is money n star trek too -- gold-plated latinium, the Ferengi's favourite.

And what is this Alexander fighting Persians? I thought Alexander can't fight ... his father Worf is another matter, but Alexander can't fight. ;)

Yes, I am indeed pleasantly surprised by all the lurking comments on Star trek. Please do continue. I'd love this thread to talk abt anything remotely related to star trek. So lurkers, please continue. Make it so.

So we founded Judaism as well? Ha! Good job! :) And that is a wonderful good read too (except for the misspelled ensign :)), namliaM :thumbsup:!

I can't remember sharing that I had a B.A. in English before; I just thought it was a funny coincidence :crazyeye:

When Communication's Officer pindicator takes the con his eyes glimmer at the realms of possibilities. With no acting orders from his superiors, he moves to improve the situation as he best sees fit.

Reading through Ensign namliaM's report of the situation on Earth, the acting commanding officer has decided communication must be improved from the settlement on Earth and the stars beyond. And so, in no more specific terms, he orders that Earth do everything it can to improve said communcations. "Build a sattelite dish," he said, unsure of the technicalities of the endeavor himself. "You know, round, with spikes poking out, it can beam information between us quick and stuff."

The natives of Earth grunt and gesture encouragingly, but all they do is put a bunch of rocks up on end in a circle.

The communications officer quickly hopes somebody will know what better to do. Obviously this "commanding" gig is a lot more difficult than it first appeared.

Spoiler serious stuff :

Learned Writing & Mining, figured Bronze Working would be the next best bet. Possibly Masonry was a better choice to pick up TGL.

Went for Stonehenge because we want Great Prophet points to get the Buddhist shrine up, to encourage the spread of the "charter" religion, and because we already had shields invested in it.

Stopped at an uneven number of turns (13) because I didn't quite catch how many I was supposed to do, and because there were a few choices I couldn't pick between as to what next to build:

1) Settler (9 turns, max)
2) Oracle (19 turns, max, and unlikely to complete IMO)
3) Temples (5 turns max) to raise population max and hire priests for Great Prophet GP

GreyFox said:
@Comsic: its TNG I believe, not SNG. :lol: And there is money n star trek too -- gold-plated latinium, the Ferengi's favourite.
Thats Gold pressed Latinum..... but who am I to pick? And it more like our gold than it is real money... but thats nitpicking...

GreyFox said:
So we founded Judaism as well? Ha! Good job! :) And that is a wonderful good read too (except for the misspelled ensign :)), namliaM :thumbsup:!
Encin=> Ensign Changed, thank...

pindicator said:
Ensign namaliaM's
Who that? Please re-check the crew complement :lol:

Spoiler real game stuff :

pindicator said:
Possibly Masonry was a better choice to pick up TGL.
seeing as we founding Judaism we must know Masonry allready...
We can invest some turns into a temple and switch to a settler, which is to be whipped when Bronzeworking comes in?

Unless we want to make the founder of the Federation a 1 planet race, we best start colonizing some other planets and/or moons...

Edit: Corrected the spoiler thing

Opps, right, its gold-pressed, not gold-plated! :p

Ha, I am enjoyng all this stories more and more, a beautiful write-up, pindicator!

Yes, we should start the colonization, spreading the Federation does not necessarily mean getting other civilization to join us. It also meant us colonizing other systems ... there should be a Risa somewhere out there.

Sam, you have the bridge!

--

You're right I think my typing speed caused me to automatically have SG on the brain whilst I meant TNG. This is certainly becoming a lively thread Greyfox. Tactical officer awaiting to be assimilated.......on observation deck.

Seven of Nine where are you?????

Risa will be the capitol of happiness. Lest say it must have atleast 2 different happy luxes in its radius? It gives us something to look for....

Clam/Stone/Cow or Clam/Fish/Cow is a great city, but we want to know a bit about the (smaller) island to the south how that looks and what to do with that fish...

2 different Luxes? Nah, risa is the place to seek ... what is it called ... Jemaharon? :lol: The only thing Risa need is some hotties beauties ... like 7 of 9, Dax, or T'Pol, or even Tasha :p

I would say we simply liberate Libyan, save the fish for a new city colony in the island planet to the south.

Oh, and people, feel free to take command of the bridge for as long as you feel comfortable with whenever you are up.

Edit: Realized that this can be mis-interpreted :lol: I mean in plain English: "feel free to play as many turns as you like" NOT "feel free to take as long as you like to play".

--

Captain Greyfox, the local have taught us a technology which will enable us to travel in unfamiliar speeds! Its is called:

SNAP - SNAil based data transfer Protocol.
Its an elite mature african snail, following a fresh lettuce and rolling two dvd's - its a 8.4 Gigabyte per second!
Our scientist also tried a method named Wii-Fly, using pidgions carrying a dvd but it proved not to be so accurate as some old women in the park stole the dvd's from them by giving them corn. Dont panic if you meet an old woman with a phaser...

GreyFox said:
2 different Luxes? Nah, risa is the place to seek ... what is it called ... Jemaharon? :lol: The only thing Risa need is some hotties beauties ... like 7 of 9, Dax, or T'Pol, or even Tasha :p

I would say we simply liberate Libyan, save the fish for a new city colony in the island planet to the south.

Oh, and people, feel free to take command of the bridge for as long as you feel comfortable with whenever you are up.

Edit: Realized that this can be mis-interpreted :lol: I mean in plain English: "feel free to play as many turns as you like" NOT "feel free to take as long as you like to play".

--
Risa is the feel good, be happy planet. Jemaharon indeed spelling allowing... True it is also the planet of "lesser moral", lets say the Red light district of the universe. But first and formost its a feel good be happy hollyday getaway also aimed at couples and families even.

Libyan is wheat/stone/cow, missing the clams.

Spritesoda that's hilarious....

Geez I have been so wrapped up in this Star Trek stuff didn't even look too closely at the game. (especially the babes in particular Seven of Nine) I am going to take a look at the save since my turn is coming. I did notice we have three religions which is good. Just think of all the latinum we will get out of that. Interesting map BTW.....

lurker's comment:

@GreyFox: Alexander can fight. There's a 7th-season episode of TNG where he comes back from the future to make his younger self into a warrior.

@Everybody: THERE WERE TWO DAXES (well, technically there were more, but within the context of DS9 there were only 2). Please qualify which Dax you are referring to, remembering that both pale in comparison to Kes.

;)

There are 9 Daxs ... more details here

ChrTh said:
lurker's comment:
Is Free Religion not allowed for the player?

Also, in the true spirit of Star Trek, the Prime Directive should be violated frequently between 1966 and 1969 in the game.

EDIT: BTW, the term is 'Trekker'. Only wannabes call themselves Trekkies. :p

Another lurker's comment:

The movie trekkies was freakin hilarious. I recommend it to anyone that wouldn't be profiled on it. Get a bunch of guys, some drinks, chips, and pizza and laugh at the movie and the jokes everyone is making about it.

pindicator said:
reporting for duty (got it)

... a pity this B.A. in English could only get me a Communications Officer gig, sheesh. It'll take forever to pay off my student loans on that pay scale. :(
wherever could they've gotten the idea that you had a BA in English Pindicator :lol:

@ Ruff ~ :) you found us/me out

Cosmichail said:
Has every body forgot the ever so hot "Seven Of Nine" like now that's a babe. Jeri Lynn Ryan still showing up everywhere in Tvland. MMMM I would love to be assimilated by her.

Three hottest babes of Star Trek....

... sights not set too high, huh?

I'm sorry guys. If someone can find a picture of We Are Hughe's little sister that holds a candle to this, I might be willing to listen. Until then, I think I'll head over to the bathroom for a little "meditation".

thx for that - I click on the link while at work and get the dreaded "restricted access!"

sorry about that. I guess strict work-places, schools, etc. might not want you to see totally hot T'pol in her underwear.

Top Bottom