Fox News On Recent Snowstorms

Formaldehyde

Both Fair And Balanced
Hannity: They "seem to contradict Al Gore's hysterical global warming theories".

Link to video.

And he's not the only Fox News talking head who thinks so... (2:30 in)

Link to video.

"We are in the realm of reading your horoscope:"

Link to video.

Of course, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had a field day with it.

For those who don't have access to Youtube and the other videos:

Spoiler :
On yesterday’s (2/10/10) Your World, guest host Eric Bolling repeatedly showed Al Gore’s book, An Inconvenient Truth, buried in the snow, while making such sarcastic remarks as, “Poor Al Gore. We should get a camera outside his house. Is he home? Is he worried about this? Is he seeing his book collecting snow outside Fox?” At the end of the show, Bolling interviewed global warming skeptic and filmmaker Phelim McAleer dressed in a T-shirt, shorts and sandals, outside in the snow. "It's nonsense that carbon dioxide is dangerous, " he declared. With video.

Predictably, McAleer didn’t just discuss global warming but used the issue to bash Democrats. "Their agenda is about taxing people, controlling people, and trying to get money off them to try to fit their agenda." He said global warming "may be junk science but I suppose definitely it’s junk politics."

And what global warming discussion on Fox would be complete without an attack on Al Gore? McAleer asked, “Where is Al Gore? … It’s a national emergency here in Washington… Surely the man who said we’re gonna suffer global warming should be here explaining where’s the global warming, Al? So let’s all of America ask, where is Al?” Actually, it looks like Gore’s book addressed this issue. On Page 106, he wrote, “Warmer water increases the moisture content of storms, and warmer air holds more moisture. When storm conditions trigger a downpour, more of it falls in the form of big, one-time rainfalls and snowfalls.” Big, one-time snowfalls seems to exactly fit the description of what has happened in Washington.

Furthermore, as Media Matters noted, The New York Times, in 2008, reported that climate scientists rejected the theory that short term changes in weather bear any relevance to climate science. Also, 2000-09 was the warmest decade on record. But somehow, the “fair and balanced,” “we report, you decide” network failed to mention that.

Instead, Bolling and McAleer went on to attack Democrats for trying to effectuate initiatives to combat global warming.

Discuss.

Global warming creates more extremes of weathers, I.e a colder winter & a hotter summer i thought, or did no one tell Fox?

Some of our recent winters were mild, and people freaked out about it. That explains Fox's response.

Also, it is called 'climate change,' now. Supposedly, some parts get warmer and other colder.

I was trying to explain it to mom earlier: "So, what happens, is that the global warming messes up how the air moves around and stuff and some parts get drier and others don't. And while there's not quite much snow here, there is a lot down in the U.S."

Her response was to yell at a car that cut us off.

Obviously, the idea of deviation is something they would never want to acknowledge.

If I tell you that flipping a coin will yield a result of 50/50 heads tails and then Fox flips it once and got a head, that would be definitive proof that I'm lying and that, clearly, a flipped coin will always yield a head.

Some of our recent winters were mild, and people freaked out about it. That explains Fox's response.

Also, it is called 'climate change,' now. Supposedly, some parts get warmer and other colder.

Global Warming was a bit of a misnomer name anyway, and examples like this thread's topic are why.

Good to see you're still around, too, Zarn. :)

Are you saying that FOX News is staffed by climatologists? :mischief:
The idea of statistical deviation is an extremely basic math concept. That said, clearly, they're not stupid, its just in their interest to report it in the dishonest fashion that they are doing.

And, in saying that, I'm not making an argument for or against climate change. I'm making an argument for honesty and reason in how you approach a topic.

I'm making an argument for honesty and reason in how you approach a topic.
If it bleeds, it leads. Fortunately, I haven't suffered through watching TV news in the longest time, except for some local broadcasting.

The decade goes from 2001-2010, so since they got that wrong, the whole article is in doubt. If they can't even report something as simple as calender issues accurately, how can they be trusted with something as complex as global warming?

But I did like the 'global warming causes colder winters' comment in this thread. Nice one.

Except that it does. Saying stuff like that (and all the snowmageddon disproves climate change) is like me saying that since it's dark outside now, that must mean that it's never going to be light again.

The decade goes from 2001-2010, so since they got that wrong, the whole article is in doubt. If they can't even report something as simple as calender issues accurately, how can they be trusted with something as complex as global warming?
2000 was the millennium right? Or did you celebrate it in 2001? (I know one guy who did)

How come I hear all this stuff about 98 was the hottest year, debunking global warming, but when you compare the decade including that hottest year with the latest decade, the latest decade is warmer.

I thought it had been getting cooler for 11 years?

Year 1 of course.

EDIT: Whoa, you added a lot in the edit and took out what I replied to! :lol: And yeah, I was one of those party poopers who refused the acknowledge the millenium in 2000. I waited til Jan 1, 2001.

I was half expecting Fox News had a panelist say that God was punishing Virginia and DC for voting for Obama.

Top Bottom