1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Thunderfall, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

@rah - Do you sign on to Civfanatics by using a Facebook login? If so, try logging off and then logging back on without Facebook.

2. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Thank you, Petek. :)

3. rah

rah Deity Supporter

No, I've only been on facebook a handful of time in the last decade. I don't use it.

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

@rah
    You could try installing AdBlock and then whitelisting all domains except civfanatics.com. The instructions for how to do so are here. I haven't tried this, however.

5. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I post from too many different machines and browsers so I was hoping for a site solution? This doesn't happen to me on any of the other sites I post at, so it has to be something to do with the forum software and I figure there must be an option somewhere.

6. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

@Petek Well I searched for this and got no results:

"Nothing I'm usually looking for comes up" :D

7. TheCleanerDragon

TheCleanerDragon Chieftain

Is there a reason why some downloads have the date 2016-10-05 regardless of their upload date?
    Spoiler Pictures :

bug.png
    bug 4.png
    bug 3.png

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Knightfall likes this.
  8. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Mercatrix Citrorum Moderator

I am not 100% certain of the actual dates, but the forum was migrated from vBulletin software to Xenforo software sometime in that general area of time. I'm guessing that the date you are seeing is the actual date when the files were restored for download again after the forum software was migrated.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Knightfall likes this.
  9. TheCleanerDragon

I was suspecting that some forum update or something was the cause. Thanks.

Knightfall likes this.
  10. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

That is a great avatar

Knightfall likes this.
  11. TheCleanerDragon

Thank you. It was originally a desktop background picture I made.

Knightfall likes this.
  12. cheerfuldragon

cheerfuldragon Chieftain

A little help required. I'm a new member. How do I start a post? (My daughter bought me Civ2 Gold online as a present, but I can't get the sound/advisors to work. They are such a cute part of the game - any clues?)

Knightfall likes this.
  13. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Greetings and welcome to CivFanatics.

If you go to the Civ2 General Discussion forum and look on the right side of the forum page, you will see a button near the top that says: Post New Thread. Click on it and create the opening post.

Hope you enjoy the forums. :thumbsup:

Knightfall likes this.
  14. Duomo1334

Duomo1334 Chieftain

When I try to edit my message, I get the following phrase: "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator." Why?

Knightfall likes this.
  15. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Try it again, and let me know if you have any further problems.

Knightfall likes this.
  16. Duomo1334

Duomo1334 Chieftain

Knightfall likes this.
  17. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

18. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

The CFC forum is haunted, the sequel - is it possible for me to type a word in to the search box and for the results to be listed without the search box closing first, or for me to have even clicked the 'search' button and made the page refresh? I could have sworn this happened (I was already on another search, and I remember feeling surprise right before I pressed the button, because the word highlighted in the hits below was the one I was currently searching for).

Probably there's no answer to this (there can be timing faults in memory formation), but then why did I feel surprised?

EDIT: I'm on a phone, btw.

EDIT2: I arrived at the page by hitting the back button, so it's conceivable that I hit it twice and went to a previous search (I'd been searching both keywords for some time). But after this happened, I hit it again to see if it had been real and it was the other search. So I don't think it's a tenable explanation.

EDIT3: It perhaps possible that it was just *displaying* the wrong webpage. Samsung Browser has done this before, sometimes briefly displaying a page that I've been on in the past before reverting to the correct one (and I was on it for only a few seconds). But it seems unlikely; it was usually accompanied by freezes or crashes and I probably shouldn't have been able to carry out a search. It didn't feel like it to me.

EDIT4: I have an idea. See, it's an interesting (and annoying, lazy) quirk of Samsung Internet's browsing history that (A) if you go to the same page you're already on (whether by refresh or another means) it will not show as two entries but one and (B) if you press the back key to return to any previous page, no matter how far back, that visit gets deleted from your history and you are only shown your most recent visit at the top.

I must have really been on that page already. I entered in the search term, going to the same page... Then out of curiosity I pressed the back button and accidentally did it twice (I make that mistake a lot). This took me to a previous search for the other keyword, and the history erased all evidence of what had happened.

But it doesn't fit why I was confused. I must have been expecting not being on that page. So maybe I originally did keyword #1, then keyword #2, then went into search result to read, then did an accidental double back jump to find myself at the original search for keyword #1 and absentmindedly typed it in before noticing that I was already at that page already? That doesn't seem likely, I think I must have jumped back and saw the keyword #2 search with my own eyes (memory is a bit hazy though), and so for this to be true that didn't happen it all and I just got confused from looking at the history. So perhaps the first idea is correct and I just lost track of which one I had most recently searched.

These solutions doesn't feel very satisfying, but they're the only coherent story I've been able to think of until now.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  19. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

^^^ Palestinian infiltration into your phone most likely. :p

20. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

Site question - if I edit my post to @ someone, will they get a notification? If my post has @A and then it was edited into @A and @B, will both A and B get a notification?