Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

When will TF get his shiny battleship back? He was the iron ruler of the sea, but now he rules... the garden apparently.

When will TF get his shiny battleship back? He was the iron ruler of the sea, but now he rules... the garden apparently.

Bratmon, friend, I read your query,
And though it's late and I'm quite weary,
My keyboard calls, I am compelled,
My fingers move, self-propelled:
A battleship of steely grey
To bombs and missiles will soon fall prey,
And by mighty blasts be torn asunder
As beneath the waves it slips down under;
But Bellis perennis is a conquering king
With new fiefdoms found every spring;
Its golden eye and cloud carola
Bloom from Prague to Pensacola;
Its tiny seeds spread far and wide,
Each one carries a bouquet inside;
Few lands withstand this stealth attack
Unless its dirt that they lack;
And so I ask, M. Bratmon,
Which avatar has this battle won?
Half the world on bended knee
Picking daisies lovingly,
Or rusting steel that break the waves
To threaten those that misbehave.

Just wondering: I assume there's a super-secret moderator forum deep within the bowels of the server. Do you plot evil things against the members in there? ;)

More serious: Can one moderator tell another that an infraction was too light/severe/weird/whatever? Is that the discussion in there?

More serious: Can one moderator tell another that an infraction was too light/severe/weird/whatever? Is that the discussion in there?
Not only do moderators post their infractions for other moderators to see, they often ask if their handling was appropriate. There are lots of discussions about particuilar infractions and sometimes those infractions are changed because of the discussions.

Sorry to be annoying, but what powers do sr. mods have over the normal kind?

As I understand it, sr mods do not have any additional software capabilities from normal moderators. It's just that they have greater authority to moderate forums they are not assigned to.

What's the point of asking members to edit their post after triggering the autocensor? Isn't that why the autocensor was implemented in the first place?

The autocensor is a catch, but we prefer if people didn't post language that would get censored in the first place. If you see that you posted something that did get censored, it should be a prompt for you to go back and edit it to make your point in another way that doesn't require censorable language.

I uploaded a screenshot under the wrong name. Which of these are possible to do?
-Delete and re-upload
-ask a mod to delete
-ask a mod to change the image / do it myself
-change the title of the screenshot
Help?

What's the URL to the image? Is it in the gallery?

You should be able to edit the image entry to change the title or replace the image with a new one...

Ok, on the page, you can click "Image Tools" and select "Edit Image". This let's you replace the image.

Thanks for the dismiss announcements feature! :thumbsup:
I like not having to stare at the same irrelevant ( to me at least, because I'm in a cave with the other cacodemons) announcements every time I visit the forums.

Thanks for the dismiss announcements feature! :thumbsup:
I like not having to stare at the same irrelevant ( to me at least, because I'm in a cave with the other cacodemons) announcements every time I visit the forums.

At first I was like "What do these X's do?" Then I clicked one.

Bratmon, friend, I read your query,
And though it's late and I'm quite weary,
My keyboard calls, I am compelled,
My fingers move, self-propelled:
A battleship of steely grey
To bombs and missiles will soon fall prey,
And by mighty blasts be torn asunder
As beneath the waves it slips down under;
But Bellis perennis is a conquering king
With new fiefdoms found every spring;
Its golden eye and cloud carola
Bloom from Prague to Pensacola;
Its tiny seeds spread far and wide,
Each one carries a bouquet inside;
Few lands withstand this stealth attack
Unless its dirt that they lack;
And so I ask, M. Bratmon,
Which avatar has this battle won?
Half the world on bended knee
Picking daisies lovingly,
Or rusting steel that break the waves
To threaten those that misbehave.

Are you going to publish these poems? You've got real talent.:)

Thank you, but I'm not sure there is any real talent involved. Most of the verses I post here are pretty specific to individuals and would have little meaning outside of the CFC context or the person addressed. The verses you quoted are a perfect example. They only makes sense in the context of Bratmon's inquiry, which is in itself a bit obtuse for those who don't know of TF and his avatar history. While I have copies of many of them, I cannot imagine they would be of much general interest.

Now, if you have a blog where you discuss interesting posts that you find from all across the web, then you could select one of my "poetic" posts for discussion one day and put it in context and then come to some elegant conclusion for your readership to comment on. Just send me a link if you do so. :)

Top Bottom