Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironclads can be useful under the right circumstances!
I had alot of use for them in NC222, where settled generals and drydock made it possible to promote them flank1+nav1+nav2 right out of the gate. And with circumnavigation they had 5 in movement, thereby adressing their main achilles heel.

I never understood why Civ series stick to the Civil War coastal ironclads, while oceangoing ironclads built by European nations were much more common and more important as a technological step between wooden, broadside warships of age of sail and turreted, exclusively fuel-powered armoured warships of the first half of 20th century.
I mean, look at this thing. Wouldn't you prefer to see it in game rather than those ugly, half-sunk already cans?

Not sure if this one is funny, but I was quite surprised.

Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG

Actually has happened to me on multiple occasions
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG

This next one is rather funny though. Great city placement, Ragnar.

Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG

Many things have been written about Napoleon (Nappy), but he didn't see what steam could lead to

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

I guess it depends of which part of the hemp you are using ;).

I've never had the AI offer me a city.
An AI will only give you a city if it is culturally pressed, and they are at least Pleased with you. Happen to me quite a few times.

I don't think the imgur image worked, but the upload did. A 4 population, no wonder, non-capital, not-even-established-particularly-early top 5 city!

Attachments

• 4 pop top.png
    4 pop top.png
    3 MB · Views: 90
I didn't know this was a thing until this game: Stonehenge works under barb control! Somehow Joao lost his capital to Barbarians, and based on the culture in the city, as early as turn 210 (marathon), and the barbarians have controlled it ever since. It was a very atypical game for me: I selected always war and dropped the difficulty as I was not used to the setting at all. The AI tech pace has been so much less than I have been used to, which helps explain how Joao never took his capital back. But anyway, I checked the a brand new Barb city that just appeared (1 pop no granary) and lo and behold it had a monument in it!
The barbarians on this map are a far greater Civ than Joao, outnumbering him 14: 3 in the city department

Attachments

• stonehenge.png
    stonehenge.png
    5 MB · Views: 91
  • barb civ.png
    barb civ.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 75
Forreal though, do you have a 4000BC save, maybe an autosave? I love those isolated-on-pangaea maps. Seeing it stuck by ice where there's probably not even a good city spot after the mountain? Roughhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom