Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I have RAND and like it a lot, but adding Assimilation to other mods is unfortunately far beyond my abilities.

Try ROM AND 2, which is the successor to RAND and ROM AND. It has a dedicated mod team over in the mods thread, and is continuously updated via SVN. As for the modcomps, they are actually fairly easy to install. Just follow the directions of the comp in question, and your good to go. 7Sins earlier post is an example of how a modcomp gets installed into a mod.

Edit; Pomphis, here's the link

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=273373

Someday I will capture Sexi and then offer it back to Hanners for peace... just so I could get a screenshot of Hannibal "bringing Sexi back".

Someday I will capture Sexi and then offer it back to Hanners for peace... just so I could get a screenshot of Hannibal "bringing Sexi back".

That's sexi :goodjob:

Spoiler :

To bad you can never put those studies to use eh King?

Spoiler :

Between me and my vassals we control the 5 best cities.
Also note how it is a country sandwich in the city order.

Spoiler :

I honestly have never seen this ever in all my years of playing. Congratulations to the Barbarians.

Spoiler :

I honestly have never seen this ever in all my years of playing. Congratulations to the Barbarians.

I assume that you are referring to the ship flying the skull and crossbones. It looks like a privateer, which means one of the AIs built it, not the barbarians. Privateers always look like "pirates" to everyone other than the civ that built them.

I assume that you are referring to the ship flying the skull and crossbones. It looks like a privateer, which means one of the AIs built it, not the barbarians. Privateers always look like "pirates" to everyone other than the civ that built them.

Look closely at the screenshot again. I clearly have it highlighted that it is in fact a Frigate it is not a Privateer. The Barbarians built it I know this because in addition to being a Frigate flagged as owned by the Barbs it moves on the Barbarian's turn.

So do the barbarians have to research to the relevant techs to build frigates, or do they get techs unlocked automatically?

So do the barbarians have to research to the relevant techs to build frigates, or do they get techs unlocked automatically?

Depending on mod/modcomp, barbs research rates are usually( but not always) a lot slower than the players or the AI. Barbs also get techs unlocked at certain stages of the game, depending on diff/game speed.
What's really fun is when a barb frig is accompanied by a galleon or three loaded with units and then drop them off at a really inconvenient location. I actually have a screenie somewhere earlier in this thread of a continent with nothing but barb cities ( they took out Stalin). Towards the industrial era, when I had sufficient power to try to take the continent, the barbs had rifles and bombards :eek:.

Depending on mod/modcomp, barbs research rates are usually( but not always) a lot slower than the players or the AI. Barbs also get techs unlocked at certain stages of the game, depending on diff/game speed.
What's really fun is when a barb frig is accompanied by a galleon or three loaded with units and then drop them off at a really inconvenient location. I actually have a screenie somewhere earlier in this thread of a continent with nothing but barb cities ( they took out Stalin). Towards the industrial era, when I had sufficient power to try to take the continent, the barbs had rifles and bombards :eek:.

Heheheh! Stalin defeated by barbarians! :lol:

Refering to the barbarian frigate.

I've seen barb frigates in the regular civ4 game (+BUFFY mod), but only once or twice.

Look closely at the screenshot again. I clearly have it highlighted that it is in fact a Frigate it is not a Privateer. The Barbarians built it I know this because in addition to being a Frigate flagged as owned by the Barbs it moves on the Barbarian's turn.

Ahh, yes. I did not notice the description in the left lower corner --- small type & old eyes.

Refering to the barbarian frigate.

I've seen barb frigates in the regular civ4 game (+BUFFY mod), but only once or twice.

Some mods amp up the barbs just a touch. On giant maps and marathon speed, you can get some really interesting surprises.

Some mods amp up the barbs just a touch. On giant maps and marathon speed, you can get some really interesting surprises.

I have upped the amount of unit types the Barbs can potentially spawn. The games however usually end before the dreaded Barb Tanks show up.
However I have disabled Barb Galleys. I find them a bit broken as they appear super early before anyone has a navy. And Barb cities while they can not truly be disabled I have made them only spawn on turn 4000 or more effectively disabling them. I did this because I play exclusively on earth maps where everyone starts at there IRL starting spots and barb cities ruin the realism somewhat.

Edit: In fact going through the XML the only units Barbs can NOT spawn are Settlers, Workers, Scouts, Explorers, Missionaries, Executives, Mechanized Infantry, Cuirassiers, Modern Armor, War Elephants, Catapults, Trebuchet, Mobile Artillery, Workboats, Galleys, Triremes, Caravels, Destroyers, Stealth Destroyers, Missile Cruisers, Subs, Attack Subs, Airships, Planes, Missiles, Nukes, ICBMs, and Great People

Spoiler :
Build Opps.JPG

Um, Guys? Your supposed remove your workshop for building the UoS!

Spoiler :
frenchies.JPG

Hmnn, obviously Richelieu is behind this, anyone seen Joan?

Spoiler :
moving boulders.JPG

HMFIC; Ermm, General?
General; Yes Sir?
HMFIC; The troops were happy with last nights festivities?
General; Oh yes Sir, especially that music ensemble Moving Boulders
HMFIC; I see. Um, you might want to tell them that wearing their logo is against regs. Seriously, what music act uses lips and a tongue as a logo?

Nice ones Drak. Happy to see mod is still running out there ;-)

Dont understand last one- Need further explaination :D

Btw. Just came back to modding and solved problem that made me take a break in the first place, so will most likely make a VIP 10 year anniversary edition soon ('ish).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom