[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many companies release games with gaps in the console versions (see Maxis with Sims 4). I own Civ in PC and Switch, and for me it doesn't matter if the release where simultaneous or not, I just want to know that something is coming

The only guarantee so far that Civ VI is not done is because they have not yet released the DLL codes, correct?

So it means something is bound to happen but the question is what and when.

If only devs can have some hints to speculate about. We already have a dry spell of news here for so long.

The only guarantee so far that Civ VI is not done is because they have not yet released the DLL codes, correct?

So it means something is bound to happen but the question is what and when.

If only devs can have some hints to speculate about. We already have a dry spell of news here for so long.
No, the only guarantee (edit: that Civ VI is not done) is that there is a new depot on steam.

The DLL source code is not a guarantee and may never be released. It's also not a sign of development ending as it was released very early for civ4 and before the second expansion for civ5.

Last edited:
No, the only guarantee is that there is a new depot on steam.

From my understanding the new depot confirms that there will be a new release for Civ VI and that it will cost money.

From my understanding the new depot confirms that there will be a new release for Civ VI and that it will cost money.
Yes, edited for clarity.

I guess someone getting an announced promotion on the Civ team sort of implies that it is still a going concern. Not to be Pollyanna.

Last edited:
Assuming that "Runner" is Expac #3, what are the odds that the extended silence outside of the established norms of the previous expansions means that they've been working on this for a longer period of time and therefore we're getting more content than from R&F and GS? I mean like, we could be getting more than 8 Civs, we could get 2 or 3 alt leaders, we might have more wonders than "standard", we could see more drastic changes to the gameplay + maybe the DLL release finally?

We'll probably be getting the same amount of content, but an Expac #3 is unprecedented for the series to begin with, so maybe what we're getting is going to be unprecedented too?

I assume a lot of that extended period of time was tied up helping get the console ports out.

+1

I think IF expansion #3 is coming, getting the fan favourite civs would be the first priority, but I don't see them adding more leaders than we've getting already, after all the most time consuming part of civ developing is the animation itself (character design and all), weather you like the style or not, the animation is top notch, and that takes time.

That said if they indeed got extra time I hope they make good use of it to polish whatever new mechanic they want to implement and take a good look into mechanics that could use it (I'm looking at you religous and diplo victory)

Yesterday I read on this forum that the youtube link was removed from their Steam page. If I were about to upload a video that I did not want leaked and had issues previously with videos popping up in places prematurely, I might pull my link down for the time being while I upload the new video.

I do remember something, somewhere, appearing and being removed early. If I was preloading the announcement video, I may disable my external links to the platform that hosts the content out of an abundance of caution. Also, Kevin posted about how proud he was of his work on the video updates. I took it as a tongue in cheek post, reminiscing about him forcing people to get in front of the cameras when they might not have wanted to do so.

Either way, I think a video is coming soon based on his post, and the removing of the link.

Come on firaxis. Paradox just announced the next expansion for europa universalis 4. Only you can top this by announcing a third expansion for civ 6. Breaching NDA would be acceptable.

I'm not sure anymore what to think.

I think something is coming, I don't know what, but the lack of news beyond meaningless tweets is frustrating to say the least.

And here I was getting excited.

Assuming that "Runner" is Expac #3, what are the odds that the extended silence outside of the established norms of the previous expansions means that they've been working on this for a longer period of time and therefore we're getting more content than from R&F and GS? I mean like, we could be getting more than 8 Civs, we could get 2 or 3 alt leaders, we might have more wonders than "standard", we could see more drastic changes to the gameplay + maybe the DLL release finally?

We'll probably be getting the same amount of content, but an Expac #3 is unprecedented for the series to begin with, so maybe what we're getting is going to be unprecedented too?

What I think that is gonna happen:
8 - civs and 9 leaders (close the game with 50 civs. Maya, Portugal and Babylon are almost 100% possible)
7 or 8 wonders (average of R&F and GS. Statue of Zeus is the wonder that I most sure that would be in the 3xpac)
Some mechanics that are quite demanded by the public and fan base: desease, pragues, corporations, economic victory, migratory movements, expanded colonization, etc...For me, economic victory is the thing that I most want to see. Pragues also would be nice. We could have new emergences related with epidemics and economic crisis.
New units, just like: Composite Bowman, Trebuchet, Longswordsman...
New districts, buildings and improvements that I want to see: Cut renaissance walls and add Castle district (it is quite strange that there is no a thing like this in the game), hospitals, circus (alternative building for zoo), astronomical observatory (can be an improvement or alternative building for university), Mandir and Basilica (tier3 holy site buildings), garden (city center adjacent to a river or lake, provides tourism and amenity)...

Last edited:
I'm not sure anymore what to think.

I think something is coming, I don't know what, but the lack of news beyond meaningless tweets is frustrating to say the least.

And here I was getting excited.
I don't know why anyone would expect something imminently after the appearance of Runner - wasn't there a delay of around 2 months between the appearance of the relevant SteamDB entry and the announcement (not release, announcement) of GS?

Frankly I feel much happier about the situation now that I know that something is coming, and likely something big (as I said in a previous post, the longer we wait, the more likely that is). The hardest part of waiting between November and now has been the lack of certainty that there was anything coming at all. Runner has clarified that. It's much easier to be patient when you know you're actually waiting for something.

I don't know why anyone would expect something imminently after the appearance of Runner - wasn't there a delay of around 2 months between the appearance of the relevant SteamDB entry and the announcement (not release, announcement) of GS?

Frankly I feel much happier about the situation now that I know that something is coming, and likely something big (as I said in a previous post, the longer we wait, the more likely that is). The hardest part of waiting between November and now has been the lack of certainty that there was anything coming at all. Runner has clarified that. It's much easier to be patient when you know you're actually waiting for something.
You're not wrong, but the lack of communication at all has just been frustrating overall.

The longer between the appearance of a DLC app and a depot and the announcement, the greater the indication that it's a full-blown expansion.
We can only hope. I heard a rumor that it could have something to do with plagues and was delayed out of respect for people with coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom