Game of thrones: Final Season: Winter finally arrives....

^Exactly.

I'm giggling hysterically at those who are claiming they're entertained. they're not the real fans. Why spend 7 seasons carefully crafting an intricate story involving so many characters and their interwoven paths to have it all invalidated by the nonsense of season 8 for reasons listed above?

The show is the show and for 8 seasons it has been wonderful entertainment. Certainly the books are better and I await the next one to read the real story.

What an episode... I am to believe that Drogon (or which ever the surviving dragon is) could single handedly destroy the Iron fleet and the walls filled with scorpions, while just in the last episode one hit could do a dragon in? On the upside Arya didn't kill Cersei and the queen's guard. My expectations were totally subverted. The Hound did kill 3 of the king's guard in like 20 seconds. What was that? They ran unto his sword like some peasant with a butter knife... C'mon. Remember the first season with Bronn figting birdy-knighty-man in the Eyrie? What happened to THAT? The queen's guard supposedly has some of the best remaining knights. I know that by now we're through to third and fourth sons, but I'd expect them to be more competent than that. They could have just been crushed in the rubble, even that would have been better. Everything is just so rushed to fit all the pieces that they want to happen. The spirit of the show has died.

Other remarks:
-What is it with the show writers and sallying forth? Why would someone position the golden company in the field, and not the ramparts? It's like the writers think castles were just used to liven the scenery.
-Again the dragonfire is explosive, until it doesn't need to be for the plot.
-Where did the dust come from on Euron's flag ship before Drogon charged? That was as silly as audible sharpness.
-I won't lie, it felt pretty nice seeing Stark troops storm Lannister held King's Landing. Even if for some reason the Lannister footmen all decided to open their visors for some bizzare reason.

It is also a bit strange that fire melts stone walls. Pretty sure it couldn't reach 1200 degrees and even if it would the wall wouldn't just crumble like it was small sticks in a fireplace.
The red keep, in particular, had towers that were cut as if by laser.

Sorry, i meant "laser" ;)

I hope they won't have Bron in the final episode. At least keep some dignity :)
If he kills Tyrion, there is no one to pay him. All that is left for him is to be Tyrion's buddy again.

If he kills Tyrion, there is no one to pay him. All that is left for him is to be Tyrion's buddy again.

I expect Tyrion to die early in the episode, and then Dany to die. I just hope Bron doesn't return cause he really should have left the show after s4 :)

I do wonder how the dragon will die, though. Hopefully not by Arya :shake:

I still like the show but I kinda lost interest when I found out Jon was the rightful heir to the throne

the dragon wiping out all those giant crossbows was ridiculous as was the death of the dragon in the last episode. If you got 40-60 giant crossbows and your target appears you dont fire 1 and then another a few seconds later, you unload on the dragon with a hail of arrows.

I still like the show but I kinda lost interest when I found out Jon was the rightful heir to the throne

the dragon wiping out all those giant crossbows was ridiculous as was the death of the dragon in the last episode. If you got 40-60 giant crossbows and your target appears you dont fire 1 and then another a few seconds later, you unload on the dragon with a hail of arrows.

I think that this time around the iron fleet only had 1 "scorpion". Or at least only one was shown. Makes a lot of sense: you miss once and all your ships get burned ^_^

^Exactly.

I'm giggling hysterically at those who are claiming they're entertained. they're not the real fans. Why spend 7 seasons carefully crafting an intricate story involving so many characters and their interwoven paths to have it all invalidated by the nonsense of season 8 for reasons listed above?

In many ways season 8 GoT reminds me a lot of Star Wars. Sure, some people were entertained, and could even be described as "fans". But most real fans are the ones who looked first in disdain at what Lucas did during the prequels, and then with complete horror at how Disney took a giant turd over it with Force awakens and especially the Last Jedi.

It is super lame to limit being a "real" fan to disliking the content, as though your opinion is objective truth. If you want to dismiss opinions, fine, but you could at least do it without being so overtly silly.

My point is simply that real fans care about lore. They care about character development and story arcs. "Fake fans" are entertained for entertainment sakes - the violence, the battles, the sex and nudity - whatever. Im not dismissing them as people who are not fans, i am merely lamenting at how some people can be so shallow.

By the way, apparently the leaked plots were correct for ep4 and ep5. Let's see if it is so for ep6 too.

(not putting the video in a spoiler cause if you don't want to listen to it you don't have to click :) )

Let's just say that if the plot for episode6 is correct, it is one UTTERLY STUPID plot.
Oh and
Spoiler :
fn Bron is back. WTF

Last edited:
Gee now we have people telling people whether they're real fans or not. Gee, have a high opinion of yourself or what?

Just like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder and anyone that tries to tell them what to see must be blind.

As much as I was disappointed from the Night King episode, this was much better.
Spoiler :
Quite in the feels. Cercei's death, Clegane Bowl, some goodbyes from each other. Only dragon fire was ridiculously overpowered. It was really like laser or bombs. Euron Greyjoy's end was underwhelming, too.

To me, at this point reading the books wiki is more entertaining than the show. I haven't even read the books. I want to see that world unfold.

Only dragon fire was ridiculously overpowered.
That was my first thought also but if the blue flame can destroy the Wall as easily as it did, I guess maybe not.

They could have really used a longer season to give everything between Winterfell and King's Landing some breathing room. A lot of the plot mechanics like the laser targeting of Rhaegal by a stealth fleet were really rushed and forced, and we should have been able to spend longer exploring Dany's actual fall and the plotting and fretting of those around her.

However I'm really happy with where the metanarrative ended up going, in the sense that this is clearly where GRRM wanted to go. Dany simply had to decide to make a wasteland and call it peace, that's been building up since the beginning and constantly reinforced with her imperiousness and impulse towards burning and violence. She's a teenager with magical nukes who believes she has a destiny and the right to rule a continent she's never been to!

The conquest being fairly easy, but the peace turning out to be nearly impossible except through terror? That was the lesson in Mereen and she couldn't escape it in Westeros either. War turns out to be an unruly slaughter even for a lot of conquerors who think they're liberators. I'm here for it.

I'm also excited to see how GRRM, with the benefit of time and of key characters' interiority, does the same things. I suspect mechanic things like "Greyjoys takes out a dragon" and the process of Dany trying to form a coalition will be a lot more satisfying with book context too.

I'm also really curious how different the story of the coming and the defeat of the dead might be in the books, especially if there isn't actually a Nights King in those.

At any rate, I'm heading into the last episode mostly just curious to see how they make it so Jon, the Good Natured Orphan with a Secretly Noble Heritage, doesn't end up just "winning" instead. Maybe it all turns out the time traveling spirit possessing Bran has been manipulating everything in order to take over itself! Maybe they make a democracy or dissolve the seven kingdoms all together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom