Game Tracking Thread

Registration pw = mtdg.

Could the team's email register as the player, and then set up forwarding on the team email to any who need to get the notices?
Now that's a good idea. :)

EDIT: Done.

The CDZland Kleptocracy can be contacted at

team.cdz<at>gmail.com

Although we reserve the right to not be bothered enough to reply to your puny civilisation :p

@DaveMcW- it might be helpful to all to collate these email in the first post

For whatever reason I can connect to this PTBS, but none of the others. :confused: Could it do anything with that it's not just numbers?

For whatever reason I can connect to this PTBS, but none of the others. :confused: Could it do anything with that it's not just numbers?
Please post a screenshot of trying to get into a game, before you hit ok.
Also a reply was posted in the tech help thread that the firewall needs to be opened to ports 2057 & 2058 in addition to 2056. It's not TCP, so it must be the other one that starts with a U (I'd have to look at my firewall config to remember the rest of it. U something something... ;) )

Actually I tried again and it worked. Go figure.

The game appears to be down. I am timing out while trying to connect to daveshack.dyndns.org or daveshack.dyndns.org:2056. I notice that no-one else seems to have logged in for the last 6 hours either, checking Civstats.

Strangely enough though, both the Warmup and Sirius games I can connect to fine. The problem seems to be isolated to this game.

EDIT: Possible explanation - are some people not exiting to the main menu as they should? With the large number of new players joining at once, it's possible that one or more of them are unknowingly exiting the pitboss incorrectly. That could explain the discrepancy. As a reminder: if you exit to desktop, it may crash the game - exactly like what appears to have happened here. Don't do it!

I also cannot connect, and I second Lord Parkin's possible explanation.

I am the last person shown logging out on CivStats. I would be worried that I hadn't shut it down properly if I weren't sure that I exited to the main menu. I remember explicitly going straight into a single player game from the menu.

If I did something that shut the game down I sincerely apologize to all. Is there any other possible reason why it might have done that?

It may not have been you SilentConfusion, it could be that some people before you didn't exit correctly, and then your login was the final straw that broke the camel's back. Regardless, hopefully everyone will now be aware of this, and we won't have the problem again. This issue shouldn't happen particularly frequently if people are exiting the game correctly. :)

It may have been me, but I'm sot sure. I logged in once and then exited to the MM, but the second time I'm not as sure. I think I did, but I'm not 100% sure.

Is the TT going to stay at 40 hours? Can't it be 24?

No i commented about the same thing previously, to which i had stern replies about the need to talk about everything all the time rather than having a plan.

40 hours is fine. I would honestly prefer 72 hours, but 40 is an OK comprimise.

In these initital turns it might seem like alot but the decisions mount up fast. Most pitbosses use a 24 hour timer with just one person making the decision, It takes alot longer when you are discussing it.

We took about 20 hours to play our turn. If the timer had been only 24 hours, then the turn would have been played with only 4 hours left, and people would have been panicking. We should stick with 40 for now and if anything the timer should go UP later, not down.

40 hours is glacially slow. 24 hours is fine. I mean, honestly, but how many polls can you run each turn?

If no team needs the 40 hours for a given turn then the game will move faster. I don't really see the problem. The full 40 hours (or near) will only be spent on the occasions where some team really needs to use them.

Top Bottom