Game Tracking Thread

This is getting really excessive...

At this speed we'll still be playing by Christmas 2012... :(

What on earth is there to decide about in turn 3? Every team has founded their capital on turn 1, so all there is to do on turn three is move a scout or warrior. That doesn't have to take this long. I understand that not all players are able to immediate log in and play as the turn changes, but yesterday over a dozen players from different teams logged in over a period of 12 hours and none, and I repeat, none of them finished their teams turn.

This is getting really excessive...

At this speed we'll still be playing by Christmas 2012... :(

What on earth is there to decide about in turn 3? Every team has founded their capital on turn 1, so all there is to do on turn three is move a scout or warrior. That doesn't have to take this long. I understand that not all players are able to immediate log in and play as the turn changes, but yesterday over a dozen players from different teams logged in over a period of 12 hours and none, and I repeat, none of them finished their teams turn.

I completely agree! And this is turn 3 imagine from turn 20 or something, every turn will go to 50 hours which is the real time timer for 40 hours pitboss.

We finished our turn yesterday. I saw that two other teams also had their turn finished as well.

I log in to see what is happening. But I could lose my head if I step on my Kings toes, so I will never end a turn.

I do however agree that this early, I personally don't see a reason that turns should take more than about 30 SECONDS to complete. A little pre-planning goes a long way!

^ I would think so.

Has ANYONE from team Carthage even logged in this turn?

EDIT: After looking thru civstats...it is obvious that no one from Carthage logged in at all this turn. That is the problem with a 40 hour timer IMO, they are just waiting for it to roll on its own I would guess. They COULD have ended this turn at the flip, as they were last last turn.

Only my opinion again, nothing KILLS a good pitboss game faster than inactivity.

Since I'm on a roll, more opinion, A longer timer during WAR is an absolute NECESSITY! A shorter timer at most other points in the game is appropriate.

Turn has rolled! !!YEA

Personally, I consider any comment about game speed to be trolling.

Excuse me? :confused:

How is commenting on the game speed trolling? It's a genuine game-related issue, so it's not that strange that it should be discussed...

Personally, I consider any comment about game speed to be trolling.

Excuse me? :confused:

How is commenting on the game speed trolling? It's a genuine game-related issue, so it's not that strange that it should be discussed...

Indeed, how is it a troll in any way? it is not directed at anyone in particular, Dave has already stated we should start a thread on it which we have done, the only 'troll' could possibly be the belief that the discussion should be there rather than here but even then that is not a 'troll' in this thread but rather a bit of wayward discussion.

Confirmed that the game is timing out. PM sent to DaveShack.

Still timing out for me. Oddly enough both the Sirius and Warmup games are fine, though. Has the port number changed, or something? Seems weird.

Strange.
Tried to go into the game, timed out.
But I can go into the Sirius intra game.
Well, perhaps not the same server.

Works now. Whatever you did fixed it. :)

(What did you do, by the way?)

Top Bottom