[RD] Games as a Service

Yeah, Xbox Gamepass is actually a really good deal for what it offers. Pretty much Netflix for Xbox games. I don't have it though because I don't play games as much as I used to so I don't think I'd get much value out of it.

Is gamefly still around?

Anyway it's kind of like how netflix used to be awesome cus it was cheap and had the lions share of the streamlining. Now it's all split among netflix, apple tv, prime, hulu, disney now and it's more expensive.

That isn't what I meant. I meant you can't buy games for people in other countries anymore, only gift cards. I think maybe people with stronger currencies than the receiving user still can, but uncertain.

I can't buy games for Brits or Americans.

So, now they're saying "only give games to people in approved countries because we say so"? Well, thankfully I'm not wildly attached to Steam.

From what I looked up it's countries with a price difference of 10%.

Should we move this to the Games as a Service thread, wherever that is?

Moderator Action: Done!

The regional restrictions are silly. Can't they just charge the amount the gift recipient would pay if they were buying it for themselves?

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

It's so they can actually make money.

The rich markets in essence subsidize poor countries.

If you got it at poor country prices you won't have a lot of games, if the poor countries paid rich country prices they get less money due to lack of sales.

The regional restrictions are silly. Can't they just charge the amount the gift recipient would pay if they were buying it for themselves?

I used to do steam trades for cheap games from Russia and South America when games werent region locked.
Then Putin decided to annex Crimea and the Ruble collapsed, I think steam finally noticed the large number of RU games being brought and then traded away in the grey market. That was the end of cheap region free steam games

Surviving Mars is also a great game. It's basically a very good deal.

Watch a video or two by Quill18 or SkyeStorme then. They're always helpful for building games.

I think you may be a little bit of a cheapskate, Hobbs. :p

Either way, get the Paradox HB. You get SM and (almost?) all of its DLC at the highest band, as well as Prison Architect and Cities: Skylines 1 & 2.

I also got a bunch of DLC for Cities: Skylines.

Top Bottom