Gamespot LIVE gameplay

Well if you put in your mail address then you made the same mistake as me, i did the same. When you think of it you can come up for good reasons for both variations, but thinking even more gives me the conlcusion that e-mail is way more logical. As i really dont think the box will just land on your doorstep w/o notification

do you think they'll be able to link it to our gamespot account? I was logged into my gamespot account when I filled the information in. I Assumed that it links it to your account so they can inform you by sending a message to the inbox.

Oh well, whatever...I'd rather pay another $5 to get Firaxis to release the digital game now instead of waiting for retailers.

It is so hard for me to not think about this game, its getting on my nerves. I can understand if the game is incomplete, but when it is already prepared for release, why bother waiting...jeez I thought businesses want the $$ in their pockets FASTER and MORE of it. :mad:

do you think they'll be able to link it to our gamespot account? I was logged into my gamespot account when I filled the information in. I Assumed that it links it to your account so they can inform you by sending a message to the inbox.

Oh well, whatever...I'd rather pay another $5 to get Firaxis to release the digital game now instead of waiting for retailers.

It is so hard for me to not think about this game, its getting on my nerves. I can understand if the game is incomplete, but when it is already prepared for release, why bother waiting...jeez I thought businesses want the $$ in their pockets FASTER and MORE of it. :mad:

Im hoping for teh same thing actually, i was also logged in with me account, but seeing how professional gamecraps is i would be baffled if they really would it have linked to the account. If it was, then why in the first place ax for the address....(although it filled out my name automatically). Well, we just have to wait and see, would be nice to keep those 50 bucks....also a Civ V box with Sid's autograph is worth way more to me

That was disappointing overall. This scenario has really been worked into the ground by now. Ya know, I actually found the Gamespot guy quite a welcome addition to the presentation, because it was funny how he was trying not to sound bored. I just hope Pete Murray doesn't have whooping cough now. Anyway, the Jet Fighter animations are definitely unsatisfactory, since there weren't any explosions. Also, how can a Hind survive an F-22 attack? Really now. The GDR and Submarine animations were awesome, however. Yep, graphics look good, uhu. Looking forward to getting my hands on the demo on Tuesday.

Yeah there are links to the recorded version in that thread somewhere, watch it now, 2 hours of footage.

That was disappointing overall. This scenario has really been worked into the ground by now. Ya know, I actually found the Gamespot guy quite a welcome addition to the presentation, because it was funny how he was trying not to sound bored. I just hope Pete Murray doesn't have whooping cough now. Anyway, the Jet Fighter animations are definitely unsatisfactory, since there weren't any explosions. Also, how can a Hind survive an F-22 attack? Really now. The GDR and Submarine animations were awesome, however. Yep, graphics look good, uhu. Looking forward to getting my hands on the demo on Tuesday.

Can you say however at the end of the sentence just like you did there... Just sounds soooo wrong...

Lol you found that guy welcoming? he kept interrupting, making stupid comments where the Firaxis guy had to CORRECT him and kept saying "yep, yep, yep, huh, yuuuuuuup, yep yep yep ypepyepyep PYEPYEPYEPYEPYEP"

Like WOW...just shut up and listen. It was as if he was jealous or something and wanted to push the game forward.

Lol you found that guy welcoming? he kept interrupting, making stupid comments where the Firaxis guy had to CORRECT him and kept saying "yep, yep, yep, huh, yuuuuuuup, yep yep yep ypepyepyep PYEPYEPYEPYEPYEP"

Like WOW...just shut up and listen. It was as if he was jealous or something and wanted to push the game forward.
I'm not so easily annoyed. I found it hilarious actually. I watched the feed with a couple of mates and beer, and at some point we were only paying attention to the Gamespot dude, since he was the new factor in contrast to the marketing scenario. Sometimes you have to be able to see the joke of such things :lol:

I'm not so easily annoyed. I found it hilarious actually. I watched the feed with a couple of mates and beer, and at some point we were only paying attention to the Gamespot dude, since he was the new factor in contrast to the marketing scenario. Sometimes you have to be able to see the joke of such things :lol:

yea...I wasn't upset, just noticed it and found it kinda rude lol. I even left a comment about why he kept interrupting the Firaxis guy lol.

yea...I wasn't upset, just noticed it and found it kinda rude lol. I even left a comment about why he kept interrupting the Firaxis guy lol.
It's really funny how there are always disputed people involved in Civilization V presentations. First we had the (awesome!) bass player from a garage band, who turned out to be the producer of the game, and now we have this lad -who much rather would have stayed sick in bed- trying to survive the 45 minute sitting.

Yeah, the Gamespot guy constantly felt the need to say something.

Watching the video, I was wondering about something, which may, or may not, have been discussed before: If the GDR has 150 hitpoints, what is an adequate defense against one? A nuclear missile? Trying to encircle it on defensive terrain?

Edit: On the number of 150, I might be thinking about the production needed to create one. I'm not sure.

I think it has 150 strength, not hitpoints. AFAIK all units have 10 hitpoints.

Research is finished throughout the turn, and the researched finished is robotics.

all units do have 10 hitpoints, recent reports suggest that cities all have 20 hitpoints.

Watching the video, I was wondering about something, which may, or may not, have been discussed before: If the GDR has 150 hitpoints, what is an adequate defense against one? A nuclear missile? Trying to encircle it on defensive terrain?

It's 150 str. The easiest defense against a GDR is an Airforce, a Navy, and artillery.

Edit: On the number of 150, I might be thinking about the production needed to create one. I'm not sure.

Mmm I think you will just have to use terrain and other tactics to your advantage.

Probably artillery and other long range attacks to weaken it and then send in some tanks or something :). Or the anti-tank guns MIGHT work since their purpose is to fight off armored units (which I assume this giant robot is...)

Top Bottom