Gamespot LIVE gameplay

Research is finished throughout the turn, and the researched finished is robotics.

all units do have 10 hitpoints, recent reports suggest that cities all have 20 hitpoints.

In case you missed it:
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/tech_tree3.jpg

It doesn't seem like Robotics is required for GDR. I don't really get that, but I guess it's not a big deal. Just odd...?

(Sorry, had the wrong URL before!)

i guess the gdr is meant to be gamebreaker to ease the lameness of lategame stagnation

I distinctly remember that Murray said that Robotics is needed, in order to produce the GDR.

Edit: I guess, Robotics may not be needed for the GDR. I just watched the video again, and I think Murray was referring to a spaceship part, a booster, when he was talking about Robotics.

^^I must have misinterpreted what Murray said the first time.^^

Here is the link I meant to use:
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/tech_tree3.jpg

This could be incorrect/out-dated of course.

Just because the icon for the GDR isn't under robotics doesn't mean it's not required. Cavalry in CivIV require rifling, horseback riding and military tradition together.

Also, as someone else mentioned, it's likely that this was a custom game built in the worldbuilder, not an actual game that he played all the way through.

Just because the icon for the GDR isn't under robotics doesn't mean it's not required. Cavalry in CivIV require rifling, horseback riding and military tradition together.

Also, as someone else mentioned, it's likely that this was a custom game built in the worldbuilder, not an actual game that he played all the way through.

That was my argument originally, but a buddy pointed out that in that tech tree I linked the Robotics is clearly for the top teir of the future techs, and GDR is on the botom, not required. UNLESS - do you need ALL the techs from one era to advance to the next era? Because then you would nee Robotics to advance to the future era, now that I think about it.

yea...I wasn't upset, just noticed it and found it kinda rude lol. I even left a comment about why he kept interrupting the Firaxis guy lol.

I have to commend the guy from Firaxis (forgive me I forgot his name) for not just walking out on that interview. I think I would only last 10 minutes if the person interviewing me was interrupting me to talk about stupid crap and constantly clearing their throat and nervously saying "Yup Yup Uh huh Uhhmmmm Yup Yup". I would just laugh and walk out. :lol:

Will this be available in HD? I'd like to torture my friend in HD...

Ok this was poor.
The only thing I learned was that my favourite setting 'Marathon' was in the game for the rest it was stupid.

Well maybe not entirely, we now seen some ranged attacks and know we can now manually intercept air units, although no airships :(.

A week for release and still no footage of how you take over a city.

Only thing I liked about this video was what it confirmed to be in the game: Zoom-To-Cursor. :)

By the way, I had some sympathy for the poor guy everyone is accusing of being a poor interviewer. It's probably hard to do an interview when the person you're interviewing doesn't ever stop talking. The "mmhm" and "yep" that he keeps doing is like a feeble attempt to appear like he's still actually a part of the interview, and not just sitting there in silence with his hands in his lap like a chum.

Watching that video felt like the "uhu, yeah, yeah, uhu, *cough*" guy was the star of that show. And the guy who was talking about the game was just a side actor.

gah giant death robot is so lame a name its an insult to all civ players.
why not just call it battle mech like most other games do.

Dont like the sound of them wanting to do all civs really diffrent , that sounds a lot like rock paper sizor game to me.

gah giant death robot is so lame a name its an insult to all civ players.

Don't say for everyone. I don't bother. And surely you could mod around as you wish.

I'm going to name my GDR the Rock n Roll Robot.

Top Bottom