[GS] Gathering Storm Screenshots Discussion Thread

I just realized that the temperature is in Celsius. I really hope they include the option to change it to Fahrenheit for the American players.

This is an abstract measurement anyways. The number itself is probably meaningless. What matters is it's going up or down.

I really haven't used it since I did chemistry stuff. But it's not particularly difficult. Just know where we live it regularly gets in the low to mid 40's C.

This is an abstract measurement anyways. The number itself is probably meaningless. What matters is it's going up or down.

I really haven't used it since I did chemistry stuff. But it's not particularly difficult. Just know where we live it regularly gets in the low to mid 40's C.

Mid 40s really :p sounds.... Lovely ehm

It's somewhat simple to jump from Fahrenheit to Metric. 32 = 0 .... 18 degrees up = 10 degrees up and 18 degrees down = 10 degrees down.

Here is the Commercial Hub tooltip. I guess Dido is confirmed then?
You know the more I think about it what if the Cothon turns out to be a unique canal district that can generate some money as well?
Reading up on them, there were several sections of the structure that were able to be closed off at times. It's also not next to the Harbor or the Royal Navy Dockyard on the tooltip.

To me, the fact that diplomatic favors exist and that you can gain them by trading makes me skeptical if diplomacy victory is not once again economic victory in disguise.

The difference being that it is *not* merely about a hand-over of cash money to gain votes. Instead favours have to be earned by playing the "Diplomacy Game"-both with major Civs & City-States. It doesn't actually sound like something you can simply buy with lump sums of gold or "gold per turn".

The difference being that it is *not* merely about a hand-over of cash money to gain votes. Instead favours have to be earned by playing the "Diplomacy Game"-both with major Civs & City-States. It doesn't actually sound like something you can simply buy with lump sums of gold or "gold per turn".
The Civ V mechanic of having the City-States determine a diplomatic victory was just bizarre to begin with. That they could just be bribed with cash made it worse, but it never made any sense at its core, either in terms of gameplay or in terms of history or logic.

Maybe they should make up their own temperature unit, Firaxenheit, to avoid catering to either party.

just switch to metric already you crybabies

Moderator Action: Please get back on topic rather than complaining about real world country's temperature measurement choices

The Civ V mechanic of having the City-States determine a diplomatic victory was just bizarre to begin with. That they could just be bribed with cash made it worse, but it never made any sense at its core, either in terms of gameplay or in terms of history or logic.

Which is why I see this as fundamentally different. You cannot "buy" City State loyalty anymore, & the ability to use resources as a means of "buying favour" from Major Powers actually has a basis in modern politics (just look at Saudi Arabia & its oil, or modern China & its economic clout).

Now if only they would bring back some form of Ideology system....that'd be neat.

To me, the fact that diplomatic favors exist and that you can gain them by trading makes me skeptical if diplomacy victory is not once again economic victory in disguise.

You get diplomatic favour that way only if a player gives it to you. Not a robot that dispenses a vote for a set fee of ~1000 Bison bucks. This definitely can work out to be a truly compelling diplomatic victory.

I'd bet Davos. Some bonuses to Diplomatic victory/abilities.
Except it doesn't look anything like Davos. It's a fairly generic ski resort. If you want Davos to be a diplomatic wonder, you wouldn't focus on the ski part anyway, but on the sanatoriums and hotels. (and I would never forgive adding Davos but not adding Thomas Mann as a great writer)

You get diplomatic favour that way only if a player gives it to you. Not a robot that dispenses a vote for a set fee of ~1000 Bison bucks. This definitely can work out to be a truly compelling diplomatic victory.
Yes, it can. But so far, diplomacy had many issues in civ VI, which is why I'm skeptical. I hope to be pleasantly surprised of course.

I am afraid that any Diplomatic victory, regardless of implementation, won't make sense in terms of history and logic.

I am afraid that any Diplomatic victory, regardless of implementation, won't make sense in terms of history and logic.
Well, a World Congress selecting a world leader is not historical, and maybe not terribly realistic, but it makes some kind of logical sense. A world leader selected by a council of city-states? Not so much.

Top Bottom