Resource icon

GDG's Adjustable Warmongering, Raze Penalty, War Weariness 1.1.5

Has anyone using both this mod and the extra human player units at start mod found that if they add extra military units to those spawned by the extra units mod that the AI despite the much lower penalties for warmongering and aggression instead become less than aggressive and never declare war on you? Because I have both and have added 2-3 slingers as well as 6 scouts to the spawn at the start of a new map but since using both mods almost never have the AI declare war on me, especially not a surprise war and even more especially NOT in either the Ancient or Classical eras. It's sad because it kinda defeats the purpose of having this mod installed and I don't want to not use it just so I can have an erratic AI attack me out of the blue.

Thanks for the mod. 2 quick questions if/when you have the time:

I'm curious about STANDARD_DIPLOMATIC_OCCUPIED_CITY: does this penalty apply to only occupied cities or does it still apply even after the city is ceded by the AI?

Also, is this mod compatible with the winter update (1.0.0.0.56)?

I have started a new game. I have literally set every value in Gelo's mod to ZERO, all of them except, Surprise war I left. The other value I RAISED to 5000 and that was PERCENT_OF_DECAY.

Now all eras and all diplomacy have base values set to ZERO. Technically we should have a war fest on the map right? I am also using several mods like YaMPGC, better water tiles, 2 range machine guns and better UI units mods.

I will see how the war mongering goes.

I have started a new game. I have literally set every value in Gelo's mod to ZERO, all of them except, Surprise war I left. The other value I RAISED to 5000 and that was PERCENT_OF_DECAY.

Now all eras and all diplomacy have base values set to ZERO. Technically we should have a war fest on the map right? I am also using several mods like YaMPGC, better water tiles, 2 range machine guns and better UI units mods.

I will see how the war mongering goes.

please feedback if it will become war fest. i want to play with the ai that is super warmonger

I will be playing this weekend. My family is out of town so Christmas is solo this year but I will have dinner with some friends. A long couple of days spent playing for me.

Do negative values in Types of War increase favor? My intention is to alter the Liberation Casus Belli to improve favor with the Civ whose cities you are liberating. In general, I'm trying to lessen the impact of warmonger points with every leader. If I'm DOW by the same bordering Civ 3 times, I shouldn't be frowned upon for retaliating.

Do negative values in Types of War increase favor? My intention is to alter the Liberation Casus Belli to improve favor with the Civ whose cities you are liberating. In general, I'm trying to lessen the impact of warmonger points with every leader. If I'm DOW by the same bordering Civ 3 times, I shouldn't be frowned upon for retaliating.
i dont think so that the favor increases

i dont think so that the favor increases

Hmmm, I'm thinking that having the Liberation penalty be 0 and then increasing the Liberation diplomatic buff should do what I'm seeking. Also reducing the percent of WM penalty applied to the type of DOW when taking a city should also help. Thanks.

I'm a newbie to mods, but to adjust the settings in this mod, do I need to edit the sql file? If so, what would be a good editor for this?

Ok thanks on the Notepad++. For now, I've decided to leave the settings as is. Do people who have used this mod think GDL's settings are pretty spot on? If not, why and what do you think is better? I wouldn't want to eliminate war weariness, just reduce it 50% or so.

Just out of curiosity, does the AI start wars in later eras with this? If so, it's even better, lol

i want to ask, i wanna use only the code that controls the war weariness.since i play very long games,where each war can take around 100 turns, i wanna be able to make the war weariness still work, but to increase in a much slower rate, so i dont find myself 20 turns into the war with -3 etc.can u pls advise what parameters should i put?
cause looking at the code i see you wrote the default is 1 and u set it to 0 which means no ww at all?

i want to ask, i wanna use only the code that controls the war weariness.since i play very long games,where each war can take around 100 turns, i wanna be able to make the war weariness still work, but to increase in a much slower rate, so i dont find myself 20 turns into the war with -3 etc.can u pls advise what parameters should i put?
cause looking at the code i see you wrote the default is 1 and u set it to 0 which means no ww at all?

you can lower it in half. in my current settings it disables ww

Top Bottom