Gen. Rommel's Mighty Unit Emporium - A Unit Preview Thread

The belt and harness he has there are really too narrow to make civ-coloured. You'd have to make them wider for them to look good in civ-colour; unfortunately I can't see any better way to get civ-colour on that unit.

The model looks fantastic.

In my mod, the Germans "always" get black as civ color. So I'd be cool with a non-civ colored version of this guy. If you must, maybe make the boots civ color...

Yours is nice.

What do you mean? The model is absolutely gorgeous!
"Nice" doesn't even come close to cutting it...

I'd say, let him make the units he wants to make. What he's got so far in terms of previews is stunning and will be a most welcome addition to the Civ III community.
:thumbsup: :goodjob:

What do you mean? The model is absolutely gorgeous!
"Nice" doesn't even come close to cutting it...

I'd say, let him make the units he wants to make. What he's got so far in terms of previews is stunning and will be a most welcome addition to the Civ III community.
:thumbsup: :goodjob:

Anything you do with Civ-color will probably detract from what is a stunning model - it will usually be one civ only anyway I would think so leave it as it is! :)

I use those little colour circles around each unit, so civ-colour is less of a concern oftentimes. Here I wouldn't sweat it.
Holy crap! That's a heck of a lot of pics Mithadan! Not that I'm complaining or anything. In fact, while browsing through them a bit, I found some extremely interesting and stunning pics, which I'm sure will be useful for helping me pass the time when the need arises. ;)

Thanks for posting them, I will try my best to tackle as many as possible hehe.
:D You feel free to use the material in any way you find inspiring. I'm not hoping for any one unit in particular, but if you make them all, I won't complain. ;)

Okay, well, maybe I have a few ideas for individual units:

1. A Teutoburg forest framea spearman (at least naked from the waist up, like that Pegaso model)
2. A Migrations-era warrior (replaces Kinboat's guy with the big fur cape)
3. A Visigoth
4. A Frank with a Suebian knot on top?
5. A Carolingian Frank

Make his belt, shovel handle, and the can on his back civ color.
Without civ color it limits the use of a unit.

But please release some of these units!
Specifically the Germanic axeman, and a mounted Teutonic knight. I could use those units

Can I make a request?

I would really like to see a Lützow'sches Freikorps unit (the one on the left in the attached pic).

Attachments

• Lützow Freikorps & Nassau Grenadier.jpg
    Lützow Freikorps & Nassau Grenadier.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 206
So whats going on in this department? Just checking...;)
:lol: do I detect an iota of impatience, there, my dear friend?

I must say, this unit pack is one of the most anticipated ones in a long while.

Sorry guys, my internet was disabled the last three days. But I'm back again.

umm, civ colored please

Ares de Borg said:
Not necessarily, or - probably the best solution - offer both versions.

Indeed, the best solution is to offer both...which will obviously be the case. So no worries people, I will (generally) always be offering both a civ-colored and non civ-colored version. :goodjob:

Steph said:
Yours is nice, but please, make a decent paratrooper with a drop anim!

Scroll down Steph Steph!!! ;)

Mithadan said:
You feel free to use the material in any way you find inspiring. I'm not hoping for any one unit in particular, but if you make them all, I won't complain.

Okay, well, maybe I have a few ideas for individual units:

1. A Teutoburg forest framea spearman (at least naked from the waist up, like that Pegaso model)
2. A Migrations-era warrior (replaces Kinboat's guy with the big fur cape)
3. A Visigoth
4. A Frank with a Suebian knot on top?
5. A Carolingian Frank

Will be done sir! :D

ShiroKobbure said:
But please release some of these units!
Specifically the Germanic axeman, and a mounted Teutonic knight. I could use those units

I will be releasing ALL of these units! I wouldn't present them here if I wasn't. Just be a little patient, as the rendering of units is not quite my forté. :sad:

Sandris said:
Maybe it is better to give him a specific German machine-gun instead of Russian AK ?

Plotinus said:
At civ scale, does it make a vast difference?

[QUOTESteph=]All the difference lies in your knowledge of it

But it doesn't change the fact that the weapon used is German, not Russian.
[/QUOTE]

No worries guys, I can understand the confusion. As Steph pointed out, I am indeed using the StG44 rather than an AK-47. I mean, considering that Mikhail Kalashnikov himself has stated that the StG44 was a BIG influence on the AK's design (although the actual mechanics of the two guns work completely differently),it's understandable that the two can be mixed up and confused for each other. In fact, I don't even have an AK-47 prop...if someone should have one they can send me, I would greatly appreciate it though (you know where this is going, don't you? ;)).

TopGun69 said:
Can I make a request?

I would really like to see a Lützow'sches Freikorps unit (the one on the left in the attached pic).

You surely can my good friend! I would gladly make that unit part of my Prussian unit pack release. I will try to start working on it soon, as the model seems relatively easy for me o do. Though do consider, and this goes to everyone, I will be starting my final exams soon that determine whether I graduate from my Gymnasium or not, meaning unit-making may have to wait for after that time-frame. This may or may not mean I will be less active in the next couple weeks. Hopefully I can squish unit-making in nonetheless though, which would be my preference. We'll see! :mischief:

Stormrage said:
At first glance I thought it was an AK too, but then I thought - but he is so crazy about details.. So I had another look and saw the difference

Hahahahahaha, you just made my day (or morning, rather)!!! Too true though, I don't think I could sleep knowing my unit's are using, not only pre-dated weapons, but also the weapons of their enemies (at least Germany and Russia were enemies at that point in time).

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
So whats going on in this department? Just checking...

Alright, alright, alright...I give in! Here you go:

The above is merely shenanigans, not propaganda!!! Don't be overly sensitive people! :crazyeye:

German Fallschirmjäger (1941) [you better be pleased Steph!!! :p]

I'm really satisfied with the way this guy turned out! He's authentic down to every last inch. I hope you guys like him as much as I do. I was actually working on him before Steph posted his comment about wanting a paratrooper, but it was rather peculiar to see someone request exactly the unit I was working on hehe.

German "Great Leader" (Hitler) [the Great is not meant to be taken literally, as I'm sure you all can imagine why :rolleyes:]

Just the unit featured in the above newspaper cover page. This will be made as a Great Leader for any WWII scenarios using such a unit. I will be making a General Erwin Rommel alternative for anyone too offended to use this guy (although, I personally think that using such a unit is no form of condoning the acts committed during WWII, so I feel such overly-political correctness is a bit silly, but to each his own eh? ;)).

And just so no one gets the idea that I'm some kind of right-wing radical, neo-fascist pig, some other units I've been working on during my loss of internet.

Here my first Samurai unit that willl also be used in my Sei-i Taishogun scenario. Quite odd to answer your own unit-request (yeah, I had requested this a while back and now I've gone and just done it myself :blush:). I would really like to here some opinions on this unit, so any suggestions, critique, or praise will help me to evaluate this unit better.

Date Clan Naginata Samurai

Here a 'Nam style U.S. soldier I've started work on. PLEASE NOTE: this unit is in its infancy, so any suggestions you may have are probably already on my list of revisions, however, I will make note of any suggestions. Just don't jump down my throat though. ;)

U.S. Soldier (Vietnam War)

I still need a proper rifle for this comrade, so if anybody is willing to send me a proper Vietnam-era M16A1 (simply the first version of the M16 line of assault rifles), it'll help this unit towards completion. All I have at the moment is a Commando style M16A4 variant which is WAY too modern for a Vietnam-era soldier.

Top Bottom