Give me 18, but not on Earth - new PBEM

I've been working on the php tracker to see if I can mod it to not use the email address to determine who is next. Why? Because nighthawk is playing two civs in this game and the tracker can't handle it.

So ... here is a modified version that pulls the in-game name from the save to determine who is next.

http://www.ruffhi.com/php/tracker_v6.php?game=pbemGiveMe18

Here is some sample output ...

This is a tracker for Give_me_18,_but_not_on_Earth

It's year AD-1410
Who has the save?
In-Game Name: Imperator Knoedel
Forum Name: Imp. Knoedel
1 day, 2 hours, 54 minutes passed since the save has been handed on.
For Info: Last Save ... [Give_me_18,_but_not_on_Earth_AD-1410_to_Imperator_Knoedel.CivBeyondSwordSave]

List of Upcoming Players
... Bathsheba666 / ZootHornRollo
... Tigranes / chasbolt
... NightHawk419 / Majic
... Sinimusta / Lu Thor
... Ruff Hi / Ruffster John
... Nighthawk419 / Night Hawk
... Michkov / Dangun Wanggeom
... Eclipse4449 / Eclipse

For those not in the know, The Statue of Liberty has been completed. The cruel hegemon must mean the war mongering Aztecs with the recent overthrow of Native America and their forces busily sailing south for further conquest.

Wow nice tracker Ruff, I like it. I'm going to copy it onto the page 1 first post.

As for the game:

There are 6 civs left not including Knoedel and I as poor terrible vassals. All 6 of you have managed to create your great empires by war mongering and stomping on your poor unsuspecting opponents. Most of you are separated by seas or very small choke points. You all appear to be well advanced technologically (at least from my point of view)... it shall be a glorious finish and I will not be satisfied with this game's conclusion unless there is major drama, politics, and world wars. Backstabbing, triangle diplomacy, I want to see all of it! We;ve been playing this game since 2011, now we are finally to the point of long complicated turns and major diplomacy... make it worth it everyone!

While I know much diplomacy must be done behind closed doors, I encourage EVERY remaining player to post publicly with status updates for everyone's entertainment.

As Majic, we learn alphabet (hah!) and continue to build infrastructure and try to become relevant. unfortunately our crossbows and galleys are... not relevant.

I can confirm that there is lots of backdoor diplomacy going on in glorious Knoedelopolis, the 3rd most legendary city in the world.

Good to hear Knoedel. Sorry for my own delays... but now sent on. Not much to report in Native American lands. Just trying to rebuild after the failed war with Aztecs.

over 3 days with Imp :(

Only? I have had turns on me for two weeks. :lol: GPS

Thx for playing. But why is the latest save 'Give_me_18,_but_not_on_Earth_AD-1090_to_bjarkekr.CivBeyondSwordSave'?

Tig ... seems you sent the wrong save forward.

good luck!

Thx for playing. But why is the latest save 'Give_me_18,_but_not_on_Earth_AD-1090_to_bjarkekr.CivBeyondSwordSave'?

Tig ... seems you sent the wrong save forward.

Correct file resent! Apologies...

Sent on. Sorry for the delay everyone, I was down for the count for a while there with a viral flu. All back and better now.

We build Liberty, as a beacon to those threatened by a cruel hegemon.

The cruel hegemony must mean the war mongering Aztecs with the recent overthrow of Native America and their forces busily sailing south for further conquest.

I was right. You'll see next time you open the game.

It appears that - subject to confirmation - I probably might have a job for the next year, following which I may have to retire early.

However, a looong daily commute, a steep learning curve in a new industry, together with end of September deliverables, means I may have to leave this game.

To start with, let's see how it goes, if it comes to it, I will try to make an orderly transition

Top Bottom