Global warming strikes again...

CavLancer

This aint fertilizer
BooM! BaM! PoW! Its like the 60s Batman show. What else comes to mind is: "When it absolutely has to get there overnight."

Taken from a post below. Ought to have been in the OP.

I expect that global warming will either be proven to skeptics such as myself or disproven to the more reasoning faithful this winter or possibly next spring. Lots of cycles, natural cycles, are switching to cold. This is what caused the disconnect between CO2 levels and temps "the pause" as they say. Sure they now claim that every year is hotter, but one has a hard time with that if its bloody obvious to even the most fervent AGW adherents that its too cold to be warming. On the flip side, if all these cycles going cold don't actually put us into another Maunder minimum, then I'd guess that folks like me would have to admit we're wrong. So I thought a nice thread like this where I hang it all out and let folks take their best shot would be a fun thing. Either I have to admit they are right or they have to eat their words. Its show time Valka! :)

Last edited:
Yeesh, should not have made levity of the mess, looks pretty ...deadly.

A highway that's icy, and trucks skid into each other... in other words, a completely normal thing that happens in winter. What's your point?

Keep in mind that in many parts of Canada it is still winter in April.

I expect that global warming will either be proven to skeptics such as myself or disproven to the more reasoning faithful this winter or possibly next spring. Lots of cycles, natural cycles, are switching to cold. This is what caused the disconnect between CO2 levels and temps "the pause" as they say. Sure they now claim that every year is hotter, but one has a hard time with that if its bloody obvious to even the most fervent AGW adherents that its too cold to be warming. On the flip side, if all these cycles going cold don't actually put us into another Maunder minimum, then I'd guess that folks like me would have to admit we're wrong. So I thought a nice thread like this where I hang it all out and let folks take their best shot would be a fun thing. Either I have to admit they are right or they have to eat their words. Its show time Valka! :)

Last edited:
Yes, Wyoming will still have lots of snowfall in April long into the future even under pessimistic, high-warming scenarios. Current snowfall over the most of Rockies actually peaks in early spring; average April snowfall exceeds January snowfall in Cheyenne and this is nearly true in Denver as well, which is farther south and lower. May snowfalls are fairly common in both cities, to say nothing of places farther north like Alberta.

What is your point, exactly? Surely you know that pointing out unusual cold weather events doesn't disprove global warming, to say nothing of totally normal events like April snowfall in Wyoming.

Look up Boots...

May snowfalls are fairly common in both cities, to say nothing of places farther north like Alberta.
Remember that thread Oda Nobunaga started last year about the Alberta election, when we tossed out the Conservatives after 44 years? People used to say that hell would freeze over when an NDP government was elected here. I had a good long laugh about that on election night, because it was in May, and we had a snowstorm that night! :lol:

If I'm right I got this for those who might laugh...

Don't count me out...

^And that has what, precisely, to do with global warming? Did it snow unseasonably on your election night?

Not exactly. It showed that someone who is widely considered to be wrong might just end up being correct.

If it is very could the air will not hold much moisture.
If the air can not hold much water evaporation will be reduced.
If it warms up it will be able to hold more moisture.
When there is more moisture in the air than it can hold for that temperature it will form clouds (or fog,mist) which can then lead to snow or rain.

I am sure that most people will have noticed how when the temperature rises in the morning and it warms up clouds may dissapear, and when it falls in the evening they can reappear or you get fog comimg in off the sea or lakes.

Not exactly. It showed that someone who is widely considered to be wrong might just end up being correct.
Just because that particular individual was correct about Trump, it doesn't mean that climate change isn't happening.

Of course climate change is happening.

I am curious. Do you actually disbelieve the idea that CO2 is a greenhouse gas? That it helps retain certain wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum within the atmosphere?

I expect that global warming will either be proven to skeptics such as myself

If you're not convinced yet, and if you think that unexpected climate changes such as snow coming early is a sign that climate change isn't happening.. and actually seem to think the exact opposite. then you will never be convinced.

CO2 is, I believe, a greenhouse gas. I don't believe that its effects are everything they're purported to be.

Whether I become convinced or not is a decision I will make warpus.

I'd pay more attention to what's going on in the Arctic right now actually.

Let's hope it's all wrong — about the possibility that the Arctic has hit a tipping point. Because if that is not mistaken, and it has, then one of the major regulators of the climate on this planet might be failing as we speak.

We'll know which it was, eventually, of course.

Whether I become convinced or not is a decision I will make warpus.

I mean, you are pointing at the snow and seeim to be saying "ha! look! where's your climate change now?"

Indicating to me that you don't understand what climate change is or how it works. So you will probably never be convinced, there are a lot of hurdles to get past and you don't seem likely to even get past the first one. But maybe I am too cynical

Atmospheric warming and cooling is correlated with solar activity, not C02.

Do you realize that the Earth's average temperature has correlated pretty much exactly with the level of CO2 in the atmosphere for like the last 200 million years(with a few exceptions)? It's not going to start changing now. At around 1,000 parts per million, all the ice caps completely melt and sea levels are about 200 feet higher than they are right now. Right now we are at about 450 parts per million, twice pre-industrial levels. We've managed to go from 225 to 450 in a mere 100 years. Usually these changes take tens of thousands of years.

Usual solar cycles are about 11 years, we've been getting warmer for far more than 11 years.

A runaway effect of greenhouse gases can be seen on Venus, our closest planetary neighbor. Venus, despite not being the closest planet to the sun in our solar system(its about twice as far out as mercury), is by far the hottest planet in our solar system because of its thick clouds of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. There is a lot of solid undeniable proof that CO2 directly effects the warming of the planet.

In this case correlation is causation because we know the capacity of CO2 and methane to trap sunlight and the earth warmer. The proof is already there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom