Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script

Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script 37.0

Scrum Lord updated Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script with a new update entry:

TCS Pedialite Support + Adjustment to Turn Seas Into Lakes

Version 35.2

Added support for TCS Pedialite by fixing the contents of the Got Lakes Civilopedia page.

Adjusted the Turn Seas Into Lakes option to allow turning more seas into lakes: the barrier of coastal water between landmass/extras and lake clusters is now only enabled with the Connected Seas option instead of always enabled for ocean-heavy maps.

Updated option text for Turn Seas Into Lakes to mention Circumnavigation as a potential source of salt water after turning seas into lakes...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a way so that wonders don't get wrapped in mountains ? It's lowkey ruining my games a fair bit coming across wonders ripe for adjacency but 3 of the sides have mountains on them.

EDIT lol n/m I've already asked this before, yeah looks like it's unavoidable

Scrum Lord updated Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script with a new update entry:

New Landmasses and Adjusted Rivers!

Version 36.0

Introducing Four New Landmasses!
  • Numerous Continents: a predictable number of rectangular continents. Generates 3-7 continents depending on sea level; possibly fewer if map size is extremely small.
  • Megacluster: a single cluster of densely-packed islands. This was previously available as Clusters + No Extras, but now you can choose Megacluster with extras or instead choose Clusters without extras.
  • Inverted Donut: a land-heavy world...

Support for Free City States

Version 36.1

Added compatibility with the Free City States (Revived) mod to allow free cities to become city states.

Also added compatibility with the original Free City States mod in case that one ever gets updated.

Note that this compatibility might not work if Teams Together Strong (TTS) is also enabled, due to a possible conflict between Free City States and TTS (both of which override AssignStartingPlots.lua).

Free City States is one of the all time best ideas for mods, glad to see it's back, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Support for Select Natural Wonders++

Version 36.2

Added compatibility with the Select Natural Wonders++ mod and its related natural wonders such as Sukritact's Angel Falls (Kerepakupai Merú). Got Lakes' support for custom natural wonders now extends to any NW that depends on Select Natural Wonders++ for custom placement.*

(*) Natural wonders that are impassable and placed in water will still require explicit support by Got Lakes in order to avoid blocking circumnavigation chokepoints.

Unsure how much of this is on purpose, me setting things wrong or just pure RNG bad luck but can't hurt to ask - I always start on a giant supercontinent that takes up 30%+ of the map. I have 7 continents set for a Medium map, and 99% of the time I start on this huge continent with all others almost directly the opposite furthest away from me with some taking up as little as 15 tiles bunched up. I know it's really minor but sometimes I play as a civ where non-home continents are key and so it sucks. I add a ton of AI and CS so expansion that far away isn't really possible. Is there a setting somewhere where I can get a more random distribution of continents ?

This is my settings in case it matters https://imgur.com/E7VVW7n got lakes LATEST DEC 2023.png

Unsure how much of this is on purpose, me setting things wrong or just pure RNG bad luck but can't hurt to ask - I always start on a giant supercontinent that takes up 30%+ of the map. I have 7 continents set for a Medium map, and 99% of the time I start on this huge continent with all others almost directly the opposite furthest away from me with some taking up as little as 15 tiles bunched up. I know it's really minor but sometimes I play as a civ where non-home continents are key and so it sucks. I add a ton of AI and CS so expansion that far away isn't really possible. Is there a setting somewhere where I can get a more random distribution of continents ?

This is my settings in case it matters https://imgur.com/E7VVW7n
If you're talking about continents that count towards the Foreign Trade eureka, then unfortunately Got Lakes currently does not override how those are placed.

Ya I've actually got a great pic here - 4 of the 7 continents are in this picture lol.

Ah that sucks, well I appreciate you replying so quick. I might try messing with stuff on maps.xml I have nfi what they actually DO but worth a try.

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization VI Screenshot 2023.12.31 - 21.28.02.37.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI Screenshot 2023.12.31 - 21.28.02.37.png
    15.6 MB · Views: 15

A Whole Lot of Nothing!

Version 37.0

A Whole Lot of Nothing...

Introducing the following checkboxes:
  • No Additional Lakes: prevents additional non-wonder fresh lakes from spawning after generating the landmass and extras.
  • No Floodplains: prevents any type of non-wonder floodplains from spawning.
  • No Forests: prevents non-wonder forests from spawning.
  • No Geothermal Fissures: prevents non-wonder geothermal fissures from spawning.
  • No Hills: prevents...

Is there an option to stop strategics spawning on woods/jungle ? It's not really the end of the world or owt, just an irritation as I'm using Grand Eras and clearing jungle is a huge distance away from unlocking iron now so I end up with iron I can't "get to" for a while.

Is there an option to stop strategics spawning on woods/jungle ? It's not really the end of the world or owt, just an irritation as I'm using Grand Eras and clearing jungle is a huge distance away from unlocking iron now so I end up with iron I can't "get to" for a while.
Sorry, there is no such option.

Top Bottom