GR27 - AWE Archipelago vs 30 civs

In a random choice the odds would be that our civ wouldn't be expansionist and huts would just hurt us, so off.

On almost every huge pangea landmass I've played on my own, there is always one civ stuck on an island, much like Greece was this game. They will trade amongst themselves; I don't think having the goody huts on or off will make a big difference.

I am concerned about have us and potentially 29 enemies at one time, on the same landmass. And us as Germany or America, with late-game UUs.

Watch us start off as France or Carthage, with a defensive UU!. :crazyeye:

Lurker:

France would be great as their UU would probably come right on time. The number of civs should not hurt you at Monarch, but the huts could change that. This is due to the potential to get many of the AA techs out and around so soon.

You could be facing tougher units, before you have much in the way of techs. They will also get to pikes sooner, making the early progress a bugger. One of the this that keeps you from getting killed very early is not seeing swords right away with the 650 CF. Huts could make it nearly immediately available.

Ok, we will go with no huts.

We are stuck with the tech tree with Radio because I don't know how to fix it. Fortunately the tech occurs so late that it should never make a difference in whether we win or lose. It would be a very odd game that wasn't decided until then.

Lurker:

I cannot remember clearly, but didn't change some time prior to 1.22? If you are using 1.22, what caused Radio issues, do you know?

I get radio in the tech tree when starting a game after patching to 1.22 when running Vista. It goes away if I choose "run as administrator."

Bizarre, but thanks for the useful information. :goodjob:

Top Bottom