GR29 - AWM vs 30 civs, Pangea

Which one was it, is it missing splash or Icon? Usually these are missing from not having the current pediacons.txt file in the Scenario folder.

Are you on compelete? It seems the directories are double entried for complete and you have to move it up a level iirc.

Sounds good. Have you seen the WWII scenario Civinator is working on, should be right up your ally.

I installed the CCM 1.7 biq and tried to start a game at 1.7, and got the missing-entry error in the PediaIcons text file for "ICON_BLDG_Skunk_Works". There's no mention at all of the Skunk Works in the file (I did a Control-F search), and I don't think I can just write one in since all 256 building slots are clearly full. Does anyone know what to do about this?

I'm on the original C3C disk, not Complete. Thanks for any help.

I will check that once back at home, I never got such problems and I don't have complete either.

NP, what PediaIcons files do you have in the text folder? I see two, PediaIcons and PediaIcons-v1.4. Skunk_Works is in the former, not the latter.

Thanks for the idea. I only have PediaIcons, not PediaIcons-v1.4, and yet there's no mention of Skunk Works. I don't know where that leaves me. :confused:

did you download the latest biq file as well?

Yes; I started the game by going to "Civ Content" and clicking on the CCM 1.7 biq, and that's when I got the error.

It isn't necessary to download new text files independently of the new biq, is it?

No, the text file was part of the CCM download. What's your file's bldg 152?

Mine:

art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Rock-n-Roll-LG.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Rock-n-Roll-sm.pcx
#ICON_BLDG_Skunk_Works

edit: Maybe maybe make that 153:

#ICON_BLDG_Skunk_Works
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Skunkworks-LG.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Skunkworks-sm.pcx

Skunk works is surely part of the game as I found out in the CCM discussion thread. If the file is missing, simply copy another building and rename it to skunk works. That's what I did in the past with missing wonder splashes etc. It is not the best solution but works at least.

Thanks for the idea. I only have PediaIcons, not PediaIcons-v1.4, and yet there's no mention of Skunk Works. I don't know where that leaves me. :confused:

I ran into this one. It was because I had not put the new full file on. I thought I had. I had it downloaded. So I slapped that in and now I have a 1.4 pediacon as well as the regular one.

If you extract into your CCM scenario folder, if you had one already, it will put everything into an subfolder called CCM. That won't work. I just copied the sub folder into the parent folder and it works fine.

I posted another missing file in RAT41 that we will probably need at some, depend on weither those units get used or not.

Responding to M60, my building 153 is:

#ICON_BLDG_Light_Industry
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\BrickworksLarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\BrickworksSmall.pcx

The repetition of "works" looks like a clue, so I substituted your building 153 (Skunk Works) for mine, and didn't get the same error; but the game still wouldn't start because it couldn't find another icon, for National SSBN Project.

Rat and Vmxa, thanks for your input, which I'll try to apply. :goodjob: I didn't know there was a new full file, and that sounds like the problem.

Thanks to all for the advice and counsel. 1.7 is working for me now. :thumbsup:

Good work on the win. I am glad you were able to finish this.

I finally found the conquests CD but it had been on the floor and was scratched beyond using. I have given some thought about whether I wanted to buy the game again and decided to wait. I have been playing C3 succession games continuously for 7 years and think a break wouldn't be a bad thing. It feels like we have tried all the variants with these huge games that I wanted to try. Also real life has gotten busy making it harder to find the time to play & do the other things I want to do.

I will likely follow the CCM AW game which sounds fun (I would have joined if it didn't mean shelling out money). If it ever feels worth the cost of buying civ III complete, I would play again.

Top Bottom