GR29 - AWM vs 30 civs, Pangea

Everyone runs into that burnout, but if you do want to play again Steam has C3C for 4.99 last I looked. No CD required either on Steam.

Even I admit that $5 isn't a bad price for a glorified rental, and the lack of a CD requirement is a nice feature. OTOH, I don't like the idea that some company can arbitrarily take away my games.

Greebley, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling burned out and I hope you regain your enthusiasm. Either way, you've made a huge contribution to this community.

Speaking for myself, I'd like to take a serious shot at AWE pangaea before closing the book on these monster games. I believe that's never been done, although anyone with fuller knowledge is welcome to correct me. We'd probably need a pre-screened start, at one end of the landmass, with horses and iron and a four-turn settler pump guaranteed. I think it could be done under those conditions.

I am sure this can be done with those conditions.

For me, it's the late game that bogs us down the most. This is where SG is useful as more people can chip in.

@Greebely, take a C3C rest, play some Civ 5 only as AW and get refreshed to come back to C3C. After so many years, I still think it is the most fun game of the civ series, if it is not balanced etc. Fun is what matters most.

I would think it could be done with one of the better civs and good start location. May need a break from the immediate neighbors not being the ones with AA UU's. If you were to draw Zulu/Greeks and Egypt right close it could be a problem with two cheap UU's and a strong defender.

You are right -5 bucks is low enough to make it a non-issue.
I agree - impulse has the same deal. I'm seriously considering it and reinstalling Civ3. I'm more likely to start playing again with 3 or 4.

Everything I've read so far makes me have 0.0% interesting in wasting money on Civ5.

Top Bottom